U.S. seems to be pushed to the back burner while foreign countries are priority.

Dozer

I am not going to go into specifics but there are issues facing dozens of U.S. Servers atm. There are several threads you can discuss those in. I am frustrated that content we were promised was put off, the test server isn't back up, and 90% of the Devs attention atm is Europe, Middle East, and Asia. The rated warzones being pushed back and the servers population status has made this game very unappealing to me atm.

I am glad the rest of the world is getting to experience SWTOR, but can't help but be frustrated at the lack of communication regarding the game breaking issues facing us here. The only communication we get is vague, "In the Future", "We are looking into it", "Some ways away".

Hopefully the Devs will make the U.S. server issues their real priority at some point, with daily communication about whats happening with them and what they are going to do to fix it.

Edited by Dozer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh how wrong you are, European countries that did not get the game at initial release and Middle Eastern countries are getting the game, finally.

U.S has had more attention than any one country has so far, you know the downtimes are pretty much specifically timetabled for US players?

Asia/Oceanic transfers are first because they can't even play the game properly on EU/US servers, that is why.

Stop with the America First act already.

I am not going to go into specifics but there are issues facing dozens of U.S. Servers atm. There are several threads you can discuss those in.

I'm not aware of a single thread that discusses issues facing U.S. servers that are not faced by servers in Europe and Asia. The one exception is some low-level grumbling about Asia-Pacific having server transfers from those who don't understand that the purpose of those transfers is to support the opening of the new servers.

The rated warzones being pushed back and the servers population status has made this game very unappealing to me atm.

How are these issues different between servers in the U.S. and servers elsewhere?

Edited by Kthx

Yes, you are being reduced to nothingness as a US player. Gimme a break.

We pay less than others due to exchange rates and fees, we have better patch times(unless you only play during the graveyard shift). We also have greater access to any BW/SWTOR sponsored events.

Weep elsewhere.

I am not going to go into specifics but there are issues facing dozens of U.S. Servers atm. There are several threads you can discuss those in. I am frustrated that content we were promised was put off, the test server isn't back up, and 90% of the Devs attention atm is Europe, Middle East, and Asia. The rated warzones being pushed back and the servers population status has made this game very unappealing to me atm.

I am glad the rest of the world is getting to experience SWTOR, but can't help but be frustrated at the lack of communication regarding the game breaking issues facing us here. The only communication we get is vague, "In the Future", "We are looking into it", "Some ways away".

Hopefully the Devs will make the U.S. server issues their real priority at some point, with daily communication about whats happening with them and what they are going to do to fix it.

what dev time are you talking about? they mailed some copies to more European countries. I doubt there was dev time spent packaging stuff up to sell in different countries.

euros > dollars.

I don't even know what this is supposed to me. Incidentally, in the UK, the subscription fee is lower than in the U.S.

but i'm with you 100%... specially the problem with intense crashing since 1.2

The crashing due to high number of schematis is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming patch, so I don't understand how you can suggest that it is "being pushed to the back burner." And are you suggesting European and Asian servers don't have this bug?

This entire thread is nonsensical.

The crashing due to high number of schematis is a known issue and will be fixed in an upcoming patch, so I don't understand how you can suggest that it is "being pushed to the back burner." And are you suggesting European and Asian servers don't have this bug?

This entire thread is nonsensical.

A known issue that wasn't found before release?... seems like something that should of been solved before release I mean it's not really hard to duplicate the problem and find out whats wrong.

and 90% of the Devs attention atm is Europe, Middle East, and Asia..

Maybe because the USA isn't the center of the universe! Why should Bioware give all their attention to a fraction of the player base! The USA isn't the only country this game is in. Europe, The Middle East and Asia are MUCH bigger markets then The States.

Welcome to a none US focus world.

Just take a look at the Dev tracker where 90% of the posts for the last week don't relate to fixing any issues with the game currently. I don't see any post about whats being done to fix the issue with the U.S servers making all but a handful of them so unappealing. They don't appear to be making it a priority, asking questions, polling us, engaging in conversations about it.

A known issue that wasn't found before release?... seems like something that should of been solved before release I mean it's not really hard to duplicate the problem and find out whats wrong.

Bugs sneak through development all the time: It's a fact of life. But you are changing topics: Explain how this bug is treated differently on U.S. servers than on other servers. That is the topic of this thread, isn't it?

So from Dec 20-April 26th,

US/Canada were a priority

We were first for the launch of TOR

The downtimes are in favour of North America

For the most part of the Beta, there weren't many EU servers

and yet you still have the balls to complain about Bioware finally turning their attention to Asia, Middle East and Europe who should have gotten the attention way before now?

Aye aye eye :rolleyes:

Edited by Celwinn

Just take a look at the Dev tracker where 90% of the posts for the last week don't relate to fixing any issues with the game currently. I don't see any post about whats being done to fix the issue with the U.S servers making all but a handful of them so unappealing.

Your premise is bogus, but accepting it at face value, which of the developer tracking posts exclude the U.S. servers? The only exception are posts related to transfering characters from U.S. to Asian-Pacific servers.

Just when I thought I can't get more disappointed by the playerbase...

OP, everything you posted are problems on all other servers.

Attention to APAC (Asia & pacific) - Well yes, they did NOT even have servers until recently.

European specific attention -- No clue what you're talking about, mate.

US "bugs" not getting attention -- these bugs are everywhere, not only in the US?

Edited by Sparxysparx

Actually, the maintenance time window was selected to affect the least number of players globally.

But it doesn't help the fact that it's prime time for Europe though right?

I understand it for affecting the least number of people, but why not alternate weeks? One week, the maintenance will go down for North America's Prime time, next week it will go down for Europe's Prime Time

oh maybe the development team should stop working on the bugs and improvements and come and post more offend so that they can say "Ok we are just about to fix this bug, should be done within the next hour and if we didn't have to make this post and then get it checked by the PR team before it is posted then come back and post it - we could of already done it by now!"

PATCH NOTES is your updates there was one mm like 2 days ago!

it's because we received the attention from BW at release, now the rest of the world is getting it. Asia/PAC didn't even have servers until a little while ago and now they are focused on the transfers. The Middle East is just getting the game(which i just found out about in this thread:)). Europe is pretty much screwed over during maint. down times.

So, other than the needed attention to Asia and the Middle East, what issues are we being pushed to the back burner on over other countries?

This is utter nonsense. Every issue you might find in the game, apart for particular servers going down and such, is the same for everyone. If you feel frustrated by the fact things aren't going the way you would like them to, don't blame other countries or even BW. Blame your own expectations. Edited by BrunoLogan

Look, I'm an American, and a Patriot, and I think you're full of it. For one, take a quick look at the CS forums to see for great their Asia Pacific server transfers are going. Poor guys are being tested on is my guess. For another, the same content that we didn't get, they didn't get either, so what does that have to do with anything? Third, the game issues we have are exactly the same in any region you'd like to pick. Or do you honestly think the U.K. edition is somehow more stable than the U.S.?

'Merica only we matter devs get it in your head quit focusing on those peoples living away from me they don't matter it is not like you all want to include all players to the game or something that is stupid, only give me stuff because I am the more important.

'Merica only we matter devs get it in your head quit focusing on those peoples living away from me they don't matter it is not like you all want to include all players to the game or something that is stupid, only give me stuff because I am the more important.

Your an empire player right?