The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

PVE Pyro Questions

Hey all.

So my focus is currently raiding. My guild is currently working on HM Ops so I am mostly in Columi/Rakata gear. I have been going Pyro, then I tried AP last night and, while it was pretty fun, I think Im going to go back to pyro. I really enjoy the versatility of the Pyro build. That being said, I have a couple questions.

TD/Steely Resolve/Puncture: Ive been currently running with Steely/TD and skipping out on Puncture. Any thoughts on if this is optimum or not?

Rotation: Rotation priority has been mostly RS, IM,TD, RP, FB, and fill with RS when high on heat. Is this the right idea or should I tweak that some?

Gear: The two set bonuses for my current gear the RS damage and the -15 sec on EF......Are those really worth it, or would augmented +Aim pieces with my set mods moved over be better?

Thanks in advance.

Are you not using railshot in PVE? This is coming from a paper but puncture seems like one of the last last talents I would give up as a pyro build. 60% armor pen seems like a lot to give up on an ability that is used so often. While steely resolve does sound really tempting surely you would sacrifice other talents to get it. I currently am trying to figure out a good way to keep TD and get steely resolve while maintaining the most dps and a lot of people trying to do the same can only get 2/3 steely resolve if they don't want to lose prototype burn enhancer( 3/6%fire crit). Steely resolve is looking better and better as I get more augmented gear. I would really like to be able to get it 3/3 but I think for now I am going to stick to 7/3/31.

My rotation for PVE, currently 4/4 16man EC (HM) on RMP

- I will not take credit for this rotation, it is a community development of 100’s of hours of parsing and testing.

Defacto PVE pyro build 7/6/28

Opener TSO + IM + Rail

RP,FB with PPA as soon as it procs [it seems super simple]

with a PPA proc you have 2 gcd before RP is off CD, and 3 w/o a proc

Based on Krays spredsheed IM and server testing IM + RS > FT if the dot lasts 18 seconds, as the rotation is about 6 seconds to get full dmg you should only use it once every 3 times*

so My 2 GCD priority is IM + RS > FT > UL (or IM for double dotting)

TSO is used on 25 heat abilities on CD

Dont use FT, or IM if your heat is greater than about 20, as 45 heat = reduced heat dissipation, which is less dmg and you are already fighting the RNG so don’t make it hard on yourself

if heat > 40 don’t do anything that makes more heat !!!!!! Unless necessary ;)

let me know if you want to talk more specific of the rotations or would like to see numbers / math

/cheers,

EDIT: oh and railshot is about 18-20% of my damage total, and with OP bosses having 35% or so AC being able to bypass 90% of that is a significant boost to Railshot damage compared to talents elsewhere.

2/4 Rakata: Explosive fuel cool down is a waste as boss fights are generally 600seconds which is shorter than you would need to get another CD.

4/4 Rakata: 8% damage on Railshot is nice due to how many uses it sees in a fight, if i remember i will put it in the spreadsheet but i suspect it would be slightly more damage overall, that being said you will want the rakata gear even to just move the mods.

*also need to verify if set bonuses travel with the armouring, as that could be best of both worlds.

Edited by Zesidil