Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

A real PvP game.

Mrcheezle

So GW2 has released a list of US and Euro servers for a game that will have an estimated 10 million players. 25 US and 25 Euro servers. Pretty funny that these chooches (EA BW) had to create 120 US servers for this game, with a small dwindling population of a few thousand. Failed Hero engine anyone? See all the rest of you real PvPers in GW2.

So GW2 has released a list of US and Euro servers for a game that will have an estimated 10 million players. 25 US and 25 Euro servers. Pretty funny that these chooches (EA BW) had to create 120 US servers for this game, with a small dwindling population of a few thousand. Failed Hero engine anyone? See all the rest of you real PvPers in GW2.
i hope you didnt start playing SWTOR solely for the pvp.

So GW2 has released a list of US and Euro servers for a game that will have an estimated 10 million players..

LMFAO?

Even being a GW2 fanboy I've no clue where you just pulled that number from but there's no doubt it is crazily crazily crazily far out.

Cannot see more than 2million sales over the first 6 months tbqh.

Edited by Mikesglory

I did. They had tons of PvP press info that never made it into the game. However, I am still here because the rest of the game is solid and I still see a future for SWTOR. The game is young and all MMOs have growing pains. GW2 will have tons of people because it's free to play online. Have fun with all the kiddies that can afford $60, but not a monthly fee. Sounds like some quality PvP right there.

I started playing it for the Jedi Knight story, which I finished ;)

I do not enjoy PVE raiding/ repeating scripted fights indefinitely

I do enjoy PVP, but fear the direction BioWare is taking it in SWTOR

I did. They had tons of PvP press info that never made it into the game. However, I am still here because the rest of the game is solid and I still see a future for SWTOR. The game is young and all MMOs have growing pains. GW2 will have tons of people because it's free to play online. Have fun with all the kiddies that can afford $60, but not a monthly fee. Sounds like some quality PvP right there.

Do you really think 'kiddies' can't afford $15 a month to play swtor. I'm surprised people even use arguments like this. While we are perpetuating stereotypes ... how is living in the your parents basement ?

Also, I predict this weekends pvp servers will show a substantial decline in user activity because of the open beta. Whether people cancel their subs or not will depend on whether they like gw2 or not, as many people won't see a reason to continue investing their time in swtor.

Bioware should be afraid of this weekend's open beta. Especially on the pvp side of their game

Edited by Orangerascal

Greetings everyone!

We ask that threads in this forum revolve around discussion of PvP in Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. Since this thread is discussing other games, we are going to close it. We would love to hear any constructive feedback you might have on PvP!

Thank you for your understanding! :)