The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Where did all the sorcs go?

MarsX

All you want to do is PvE then go ahead, some of us also PvP!

His sorc is not 50 yet. I guess hes extremely satisfied of how he can solo weak and standard mobs even if they were 1 level above him while being out-bursted by Ashara and Khem...!11one

Sorcs are fine... right?

His sorc is not 50 yet. I guess hes extremely satisfied of how he can solo weak and standard mobs even if they were 1 level above him while being out-bursted by Ashara and Khem...!11one

Sorcs are fine... right?

Well no one is leveling a sorc for pvp because.......we now suck at

Hybrid dps spec is dead

They have nerfed/fixed our infusion, might as well be taken off the cast bar. For pvp. What the **** do i need force reduction on my heals in pvp for anyway?

PvE i have no complains, healing is now interesting and engaging. PvP is painful. Especially when they see u pop the doughnut and mark u. Fix it bioware

I feel like the fun was taken out of the this class when Bioware completely removed Wrath+ CL.

I know it seems extreme to say the class was destroyed, it wasn't, I simply feel like the fun is gone.

I'm hybrid speced now, 23/0/18, and while this spec is viable and I see myself at the top of most scoreboards, the class it self just feels dull.

Wrath + CL was fun bro, you are totally right. Dropping a Deathfield then instant CL was brilliant.

I really have no idea why BioWare nerfed us so bad.. meh. All they are doing is losing customers really.

Because if you think about it. If they are willing to remove major abilities like that from Sorcerers, what other classes down the road will be hit equally hard?

I wish. I was promised I'd be the only sorc in PvP and I keep seeing them everywhere I look.

There are still good sorcs that stayed true to their class (most likely their 1st toon).

Its like playing counter strike where Mac10 is a terrible gun outside short-mid range using dual Beretta holster weapon (again a terrible weapon). There are plenty of "Mac10 pwnage" video showing how dominating they can be even with such a terrible "instrument".

These players that insist to use only Uzi (Mac 10) when they play CS are like those sorcs currently dominating in WZ. They are either rolling with a good team or have incredible skill and/or against completely fail enemies.

Marauders to TOR are like players starting with $16000 fully equipped with full equipments and consumables with an M4A1 or AK47 w/ no recoil hack...

Yea the dude jumping around weaving in and out of the cornor poping suprise attack and quick rush can still kill that dude running in straight line completely exposed and never check cornors with wayy better gear... but then again can you really say that the Uzi dude is OP or basically naked Uzi(sorc) is fine against M4A1 + Fully Armored + 2 Flash Nades + Frag nage + DEgale.

Actually those who are very good at their Sorcs even after 1.2 will probably STILL wreck most of others EVEN EASIER if given a Marauder + sometime to learn it.

Edited by warultima

Wrath + CL was fun bro, you are totally right. Dropping a Deathfield then instant CL was brilliant.

I really have no idea why BioWare nerfed us so bad.. meh. All they are doing is losing customers really.

Because if you think about it. If they are willing to remove major abilities like that from Sorcerers, what other classes down the road will be hit equally hard?

6k on 3 people every xx sec may have been a tad high:

Wrath+CL: +3k on 5 people

Death Filed: +3k on 3 people

Recklessness+Adrenal+Stim----> AE Storm: 5xx - 7xx per tick for 6sec was it?

Add that up and 1 Sorcerer just wrecked havoc with an entire group considering the size of our AE hit zone.

Add that up and 1 Sorcerer just wrecked havoc with an entire group considering the size of our AE hit zone.

Do that whilst listening to Mind Heist, popping CL at 1:08 into that track --> you felt like god.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOJqicM6x84

Are you really going to play that game? Are you going to try to maintain that there are 16 classes in this game, rather than 8? That there's some magical ephemeral difference between Sages and Sorcs? They are mechanical mirrors (except for a few oddities here and there). Except for aesthetics, they are the exact same class.

But hey, if you want to continue to argue that there are 2 caster classes in game (and that that somehow supports your point, despite the fact that the changes in 1.2 affected both Sages and Sorcs equally since, ya know, they are the same class!), be my guest. Don't expect to gain much of a following for that argument, though.

Riiiight. Looks like I'm the only sober one on the Sorc forum right now. Dunno where this garbled, LOL rant came from, but this 'debate' (LOL) has been over. ALL I said was there were 2 caster classes, Sorc & its mirror, Sage, or Inquisitor/Consular. The poster who disagreed with me quickly realized I was right, & went ahead & agreed.

I definitely agree with this. The problem was, that same rotation was also our single-target burst(minus storm), which did not need to be nerfed, yet it was, and we were never compensated for it because Wrath + Lightning Strike is simply laughable.

The only thing holding us up atm is the double-dip on Barrage, and if that gets fixed then the class is seriously borked.

Edited by Numerii