[Suggestion] Improved Rocket Boost III

cshouston

Currently, you can purchase up to Improved Rocket Boost II, providing a minute and a half cooldown reduction. This reduces the cooldown of rocket boost to 30 seconds, allowing for 12 seconds of boost every half of a minute.

My suggestion would be to implement a third tier of improvement to the boost. This tier would require an appropriately higher legacy level than Rocket Boost II, as well as increased cost. Once purchased, this would allow for permanent rocket boost anywhere boost is currently usable. To prevent it from completely supplanting traditional mounts in the game, any and all combat immediately removes the effect, retaining the usefulness of a speeder's damage resistance. Also, it would remain unusable in warzones.

Personally, I enjoy my rocket boost and would likely use it over my speeder mount in most (not all) cases.

Thank you for your time.

edit: Also, some tweaking of the rocket boost sound effect would be required as well, to prevent people from going insane from all the "whooooshhhh". :)

Edited by cshouston

• 4 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
I think a permanent Rocket Boost III would be a little overpowered although it would be worth the credits. I'm not a fan of the animation though. Occasionally it glitches out and you just get normal running animation but at the Rocket Boost speed. I'd like the option to have this instead of the actual rockets.

I think a permanent Rocket Boost III would be a little overpowered although it would be worth the credits. I'm not a fan of the animation though. Occasionally it glitches out and you just get normal running animation but at the Rocket Boost speed. I'd like the option to have this instead of the actual rockets.

The running happens if you're in an area where mounts aren't allowed. Pretty goofy. But I definitely think the Rocket Boost as a Mount would be very kool, & much more worth the price. At least for now the unlock is account-wide, so I'm thankful for that bit of generosity.

I don't see how it would be any more OP than what we have now, aggroing something and entering combat, even if it doesn't hit you, causes the effect to deactivate.

How could a mount be OP anyway..? It's just a method of transportation & the rocket boost isn't any faster than lvl III Speeders. You're actually at a disadvantage, as mentioned, because combat deactivates them.

So as an actual Mount, this effect would make them ~less effective than any speeder! Unless of course it were to be taken away, in which case it would be just the same as any other mount.

• 3 months later...

Mmm...

Maybe another option could be offered:

"Boots usable during combat"

Would be great, when you simply want to get the heck out of dodge; run through usless aggroe on the road; use it to charge a mob or player in PvP, etc.

I am not sure that giving rocketboots no cooldown, would essentially remove the need to buy speeders, for while they may not look as cool, they would provide the very same function and even better since animations to get on or off are much shorter.

Another option, is the rocketboots can provide a D&D like feather fall effect...that is you can jump off a cliff, since waiting for the elevators are boring, engage the boots, and you land safely and unharmed.

Personally, I like the "Usable during combat" choice the best, it gives so much flexibility.

Sue

RB has it's use when in "no mount" area, so it may be good to became not time restricted but canceled in combat.

So mounts will still be viable outside "no mount" areas ... RB would be more useful in "no mount" areas.

Only "issue" I see is when it is unlocked - you have it at level 1... only other way to have mount at level 1 is to pay real money.

So it may negate CC speeder piloting legacy unlock - something I really don't see happening.

Edited by morfius

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.