Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

EA stocks drop because SWTOR fumbles

Moofausa

Started as a game that was expected to hurt WoW, now I'm not too sure about that.

Guess what mate?

Game works as intended.

Time to move on to another game where its company really does care about what we ask.

direct link :

http://massively.joystiq.com/2012/01/19/electronic-arts-stock-in-danger-thanks-to-swtor-fumbles/

Kindof expected.

Maybe this is the motivation bioware needs to change their whole outlook and maybe it'll get them to stop messing this game up even more.

Started as a game that was expected to hurt WoW, now I'm not too sure about that.

If you thought this was going to kill WoW you need to raise your IQ a bit.

That could be it.

It could also be that people hate EA over Mass Effect 3.

People hate EA for....

well they don't know why they hate EA...it's just a bandwagon effect!

Hey man..you MUST hate EA.. "why?" you just..HAVE to "i hate EA!" why...

ya know..idk man..just do it. Seems like everyone is on it :p

Guess what mate?

Game works as intended.

Time to move on to another game where its company really does care about what we ask.

I didn't know fairies and leprechauns were in the game development business!

Bazinga!

People hate EA for....

well they don't know why they hate EA...it's just a bandwagon effect!

Hey man..you MUST hate EA.. "why?" you just..HAVE to "i hate EA!" why...

ya know..idk man..just do it. Seems like everyone is on it :p

I hate EA because they removed Wil Wright and Maxis off the Sims franchise and they keep releasing the same sports games twice a year where the only difference is an updated roster that could easily be done as a DLC for five bucks rather than sixty for a whole game.

Edited by Darth_Moonshadow

Stock dropped because of the wonderful title EA just earned and it has shareholders concerned. This has little to do with SWTOR and everything to do with EA finally pushing the nickel-and-dime envelope to the point where many customers have had it. That is a concern for shareholders.

Unfortunately for BW, the last few years have had a rather negative effect on their once peerless reputation. Whether that is related to EA or not is another thing, but it seems the massive DLC push (especially on day one of release) relates a lot to that.

He didn't say kill WoW, he said "hurt" it, as in compete with it.

How about you take your own advice?

Hurt / kill...

He was insinuating this game was going to cause harm to WoW, it wasn't... So my statement stands.

To go based of an analyst that does stock values has nothing to do with the game, just what some douche in some high end building thinks the value of a company is.

Their judgments don't affect the game.

All he is saying is that investors expected more from the game's economical worth than what it actually is.

Apparently, investors expected more than what EA/Bioware themselves said they expected pre-launch. Seeing how those subscription and sales expectations are already met by a landslide.

Anything else: Investors are the reason we are in this current crisis. They jump on every bandwagon and jump off the moment the slightest bump happens. Trusting an investor, especially a stock advisor, to make a judgement about how good something actually is as as smart as letting your strategic plans be decided by how a monkey flings poo against a wall.

Edited by Devlonir

Hello Everybody!

We appreciate your interest in talking about the state of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ but in the interest of consolidating conversations we are going to close this thread as there is already an active thread about it here. We suggest continuing your discussion there.

Thank you!