Time is running out Bioware

maligoth

I like skill based pvp games, but no way I'm not getting into GW2 or Tera, eww no more fantasy **** games for me.

You'll love Tera then. The combat is highly, highly interactive. Keyboard turning noobs don't win with stacked gear anymore, its impossible in that game. Doesn't matter how good your gear is, if you can't hit your opponent, you can't win. None of this "tab, target, spam stupidly high dmg attacks from 30m for profit" bull **** goin on in Tera.

Oh and yea, you see about one tenth of the cc in any given fight in Tera that you'll see in this game.

Edited by Vember

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You'll love Tera then. The combat is highly, highly interactive. Keyboard turning noobs don't win with stacked gear anymore, its impossible in that game. Doesn't matter how good your gear is, if you can't hit your opponent, you can't win. None of this "tab, target, spam stupidly high dmg attacks from 30m for profit" bull **** goin on in Tera.

Oh and yea, you see about one tenth of the cc in any given fight in Tera that you'll see in this game.

Which also means that if I am used to Mouse turning and I have a full set of shiny gear I can roll everyeone in front of me by just keep whacking them down with ease due to the gears' stat bonus? Sounds fun. :D

I think all of us want to love this game. I mean we shelled out money. We trusted that the same company that made KOTOR 1 and 2 would provide the same excellent product as before. Unfortunately, it's hard. With all the problems, bugs, plain boneheadedness that the dev team has displayed, it's difficult to love the game and the direction the game is taking. I wanted this to be my new MMO home. I wanted to stay here and enjoy the mythology of Star Wars. I don't want to worry about patch issues, sound bugs, events when there are still tons of issues in the game (anyone else thinking about the quote about bread and circuses?), low server pops, endgame armor sets just up and disappearing (cent and champ anyone?). Yeah time is running out.

At a casual glance there are 70 or so servers in total, around 10 of them sustain decent populations. Which means 60 of them are half empty, or worse. 22 people on fleet Friday evening at 7pm for me, and that my friends is what I call a dead server. 30 - 45 minute queues for warzone at peak times, 60+ at (cough) non peak. The irony is I rerolled on this server as original one had 3hr queues at launch and I wanted to play with friends who joined after the early access who wouldn't wait that long. The original server I rolled in is just as dead too.

If, as suspected, cross server warzones are months away they better hope like hell that server merges and character transfers are coming SOON. It can't just be effecting PVP either, I see people shouting for hours for a flashpoint.

$10 gets you $100 cross server LFG tool comes in before cross server PVP too.

endgame armor sets just up and disappearing (cent and champ anyone?).

Damn thanks for reminding me. Full champ I spent ages with stupid RNG drops to put it all together. Then bang, worthless. Spend 140,000 credits for better gear at the vendor please. Every time I think about it I want to unsub, I must be crazy thinking that ONE DAY Bioware will do something that benefits me.

Which also means that if I am used to Mouse turning and I have a full set of shiny gear I can roll everyeone in front of me by just keep whacking them down with ease due to the gears' stat bonus? Sounds fun. :D

Yea, if they suck at movement and using their avoidance abilities, yes, yes you will :) That's the beauty of Tera. This game is more about skill and less about gear. You can be the uberest geared knob in the game, but i can still kill you if i outplay you...unlike most mmo pvp around today.

Edited by Vember

While there are a lot of whiners in this thread talking about other MMO's for no good reason, the OP does make a very good point. The best estimates that we have right now is that cross server PvP is still months away and that may be too late. The game is certainly not going to die but it will lose a lot of people because as I've said in other threads, PvP is dead on over half of the servers.

No matter how many people complain, we have a good game here but not finding people to play with is a major issue. Cross server PvP and LFG tool will make a huge difference and everyone (including BW / EA) will have a lot to gain from this.

This. Oh, and I like the bad 80's movie quote posted earlier as well lol.

I think all of us want to love this game. I mean we shelled out money. We trusted that the same company that made KOTOR 1 and 2 would provide the same excellent product as before. Unfortunately, it's hard. With all the problems, bugs, plain boneheadedness that the dev team has displayed, it's difficult to love the game and the direction the game is taking. I wanted this to be my new MMO home. I wanted to stay here and enjoy the mythology of Star Wars. I don't want to worry about patch issues, sound bugs, events when there are still tons of issues in the game (anyone else thinking about the quote about bread and circuses?), low server pops, endgame armor sets just up and disappearing (cent and champ anyone?). Yeah time is running out.

Lol this too.