Jaesa Willsaam acting evil, even when light (Small Spoilers)

kitaraskylark

Ok so I don't know if this is the right place to put this.

During the quest Locate the Enemy on Belsavis, there is a part where you have to work with a jedi to get into a room. If you have Jaesa out, the jedi will recognize her and ask her if she is infact Jaesa. Jaesa will say "I used to be" then the jedi asks if she has any regrets. Jaesa's response doesn't seem light at all. "Absolutely not, Jedi. Not when I get to meet and destroy obnoxious fools like you." At which point my only responses to her words are very dark indeed.

Now I am trying to play a light side sith. (Yeah I know, totally doesn't match) but there has always been a 'peaceful' way to avoid conflict. Anyway, I know Jaesa is light because we have had that conversation already. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, just as a side note, when Jaesa does those responses, the cinematic goes to a sky background, with her back turned, and not wearing cloths, nor the customization that she has.

Well, as a dark side marauder I can tell you this.

When playing through my story and coming across the same scene (With Jaesa out) I recall her saying the exact same thing. Could either be a bug, or the writers felt like they should leave it in there (for some reason)

What you mentioned about certain things changing during that scene, it does sound a bit buggy though.

During the quest Locate the Enemy on Belsavis, there is a part where you have to work with a jedi to get into a room. If you have Jaesa out, the jedi will recognize her and ask her if she is infact Jaesa. Jaesa will say "I used to be" then the jedi asks if she has any regrets. Jaesa's response doesn't seem light at all. "Absolutely not, Jedi. Not when I get to meet and destroy obnoxious fools like you." At which point my only responses to her words are very dark indeed.

Now I am trying to play a light side sith. (Yeah I know, totally doesn't match) but there has always been a 'peaceful' way to avoid conflict. Anyway, I know Jaesa is light because we have had that conversation already. Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, just as a side note, when Jaesa does those responses, the cinematic goes to a sky background, with her back turned, and not wearing cloths, nor the customization that she has.

It's a bug that's been around for a long time now. Just file out a report and send it to the guys in charge. Personally I don't think it's a bug at all. I think the actual problem is that they didn't finish her dialog so they made a hodgepodge "fix" for it until they get around to it.

I was having the exact same problem today. Is there no way to fix this?

• 2 weeks later...

Still happening May 9, with the same graphic glitches you describe. My ticket got the 'Your case has been escalated to one of our specialized teams' reply so no idea when this will get solved unfortunately :(

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I tried this today and the bug still exists. I refuse to complete my class story on my lightside Sith Warrior until they fix this :p I don't know if the lightside version of this cut scene even exists but I hope so because it would be kinda lazy just to fix that graphical error without adding any dialogue. Edited by Skorz

It might not be a bug. If you recall you tell her to pretend to be DS around other people unless told she can be LS

This was my first thought too, but darthhater actually has her LS conversation options logged so they should exist somewhere in the game files: http://db.darthhater.com/quests/1889/locate_the_enemy/

Also,

if you don't bring Jeassa to the first meeting with master Timmns (after jou open the vault door) but do bring her when you confront Darth Eckage, she will have LS comments concerning Timmns.

So yes I still think it's a bug.

Because you're infiltrating OR bettering the Sith Order from the inside. If you're seen to be merciful as a Sith, you'll die as others will think of you as weak. Now this doesn't apply too much to a Lightside Sith because at that time, the Sith Warrior is THE most powerful Sith in the galaxy, compared only with the Sith Inquisitor, but Jaesa? She's a defector. She -needs- to plaster on the evil in public to keep both of you safe.

Either that or it's a bug.

Edited by Greywatch

It might not be a bug. If you recall you tell her to pretend to be DS around other people unless told she can be LS

I don't know now, but when I played it, not only there was "conflicting" alignment thing, but also the cutscene was glitchy, like suddenley there was a grey background and she wasnt looking at that npc's face, and not having her armor on, etc....

i just got jaesa and im on taris, very first planet after you get her. my usual responses are dark side and she agrees with me (affection gain). so i have yet to see that part but also donno if BW did anything to that "bug" (changed her affection gain or w/e)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Bug is still there 8/24/12.. Just finished it, in fact.

Frankly, I would have been okay with writing it off as "Acting" on her part- but the dropping clothes + seeing the back of her head while the rest of her body was facing forwards was a little... disconcerting...

Still...

I wouldn't recommend completely shelving or deleting a char just for that though. I mean, it's just two lines...

When Timms comments that she's Jaesa and asks how she can switch sides...She just responds:"So i can kill Jedi like you...." (or something to that effect)

Personally? I played it up with the response: "A girl after my own heart" (or something to that effect- which, as a LS, I considered more than reasonable. After all, if she's "Playing to the crowd" so well, than, I have to pick a response that "Plays to the crowd" as well, while letting her know just how impressed I was with her ability to play the part!)

After that though, there really wasn't much of anything different between LS and DS for that conversation or what you had to do next that I have noticed to be honest.

So, given that it is just a couple of lines in comparison to how many hours...? I frankly, just bit the blaster bolt and just "Keep Swimming...." -ala Doreen from Finding Nemo.

Still, point is that, less 20 seconds seems a little harsh for a decision to scrap a character you've been playing for hours on... But that's just my opinion, after all YMMV (usually because it always does)...

(hugs to all)

:)

Edited by Dallayna
typo

• 3 weeks later...