Remove the side speeders on Alderaan Warzone

Schwarzwald

NO LEARN TO PLAY.

We won today and they out geared us yet we still took the node from them.

CLUE:

STAND ON STAIRS IN FRONT OF SPEEDER DROP OFF AND SPAM CC AND AOE DAMAGE!

Like I said learn to play PVP.

1 class with stealth who knows how to play his class can delay a team of 4 from capping until his team shows up to stop the assault.

This isn't a matter of learning to play, its an inherent bias in the map design that favors who ever has capped a point first. 1 shadow/assassin can delay a cap for ever, which is long enough for teammates to get there. A sentinel/marauder who knows how to use his CD's properly can stall 4 people long enough as well, vanish, self heal, live forever abilities, etc. Defensive CD's and stealth can make taking a point impossible if the defending team is playing properly.

None of you seem to get that once Rateds are actually in the game, smart teams will leave Stealth Tanks or Stealth healers on these points. From there they can just chain sap over and over, delay any cap from happening without even engaging in an actual fight. 2 Stealthers is nearly impossible to cap a point from. I don't think you people who are doubting my post have played a team that actually has a proper unit comp. Stealther calls out INCS the moment he sees people coming, chain saps over and over. Assassins can use that CC immunity ******** and sprint in and aoe knockback prevent a whole bunch of people from capping. Its just ridiculous. And by the time the enemy reinforcements arrive from RUNNING FROM ANOTHER POINT, I am not even assuming that people are dying and coming back, its done. Your assault failed. If the team set up is right, they will die at the same rate as your team, so it just becomes a stalemate on a point.

Huttball is the only map in this game which actually requires individual player skill to be really good at. Alderaan and Novare coast all come down to capping a point first, and watching and calling out incs. Technically, no team that caps first should ever lose that point if they play the map properly. Voidstar is just a herp-derp based on which team gets luckier with the doors.

Edited by Schwarzwald

Huttball is the only map in this game which actually requires individual player skill to be really good at. Alderaan and Novare coast all come down to capping a point first, and watching and calling out incs. Technically, no team that caps first should ever lose that point if they play the map properly. Voidstar is just a herp-derp based on which team gets luckier with the doors.

Playing defensively will usually lose the game against a good team on Novare Coast. The map is too small that you can't just put 2 guys at your second node and expect that to work, because unlike Alderran it's perfectly possible to take 3 fast classes and knock out the two defenders and cap it before the defenders can respond. Also, the node in NC can be capped from rather far away and by multiple characters, making it impossible to try to delay the cap with just an AE. Since you can also partially cap an objective, this means if the defender cannot repel the attackers, they'll eventually lose the point since 3s is all you need to get the control bar to move.

Playing defensively will usually lose the game against a good team on Novare Coast. The map is too small that you can't just put 2 guys at your second node and expect that to work, because unlike Alderran it's perfectly possible to take 3 fast classes and knock out the two defenders and cap it before the defenders can respond. Also, the node in NC can be capped from rather far away and by multiple characters, making it impossible to try to delay the cap with just an AE. Since you can also partially cap an objective, this means if the defender cannot repel the attackers, they'll eventually lose the point since 3s is all you need to get the control bar to move.

NC is a great map because of this. the requirement of more than one node to deal damage means that the game can truly always go the other way. But that makes it better than Civil war is that its not inherently more profitable and easier to defend than it is to attack.

2 people on one node in NC can get overwhelmed quickly. And even if the opposing team doesn't cap just one tick renders that node useless. Its a great map and definitely got my faith in BW up. cant wait to see what they do with a new huttball map

NC is a great map because of this. the requirement of more than one node to deal damage means that the game can truly always go the other way. But that makes it better than Civil war is that its not inherently more profitable and easier to defend than it is to attack.

2 people on one node in NC can get overwhelmed quickly. And even if the opposing team doesn't cap just one tick renders that node useless. Its a great map and definitely got my faith in BW up. cant wait to see what they do with a new huttball map

For a new huttball style map I would love to see a special sort of deathmatch style map. I've had an interesting idea. Each team has a ball carrier at all times. Once you catch a ball, you cannot pass it for X amount of time. The objective of the game is to kill as many as you can, but you gain some sort of bonus (Buff or Score) when you kill the ball carrier. Sort of a game like kill the carrier, so it could be deathmatch with a twist.