What if Tracer Missile could not be interrupted?

ZeusThunder

Wouldn't this simple change give the arsenal tree the survivability it needs to be viable in PvP without making it overpowered?

So we are not viable in pvp?

or are you talking 1v1 pvp? I get lots of medals and points actually playing the objectives of the games tbh...

1v1 skills are important in PvP. Being able to take a turret in CW from the one defender can win the game for your team. It also means that they need to have 2 defenders in that area for the 1 attacker. The numbers are now favoring your team.

1v1 skills are important in PvP. Being able to take a turret in CW from the one defender can win the game for your team. It also means that they need to have 2 defenders in that area for the 1 attacker. The numbers are now favoring your team.

if you want a 1v1 pvp class reroll, we are arguably the worst 1v1 class in game, and 1v1 is of no importance in a good pre-made

I pvp just fine, and my groups win a lot of matches.

1v1 on a turret is the job of a stealther anyway because in a good premade opposition will see you coming and reinforcements will arrive before you can take the turret unless you can stealth.

Wouldn't this simple change give the arsenal tree the survivability it needs to be viable in PvP without making it overpowered?

Regardless if it was overpowered or not every single melee player would cry so hard that mercs aren't free kills anymore.

Alacrity is the only way i see to spec due to long long long cast times. I know people say aim instead. For me shortening those cast times is a must. Speced alacrity and went from constantly being mid to last in WZ to being near top and actually topping a few. Have to use everything possible though, alacriy relics, adrenals, hybrid build for some healing...augmented geat...etc. Ya that class is screwed up atm for sure. i can achieve the same results with other classes without near the effort. Merc is retarded atm in my humble opinion.

Making some of these casts so they could not be interrupted is one option to consider.

I don't know that I agree with that idea. Getting interrupted is obnoxious, sure, but that's not what really hurts in PVP. Having all my instants on cooldown when someone decides to play pillar tag is far more frustrating, for example. Stop my tracer, and I'll just powershot or use one of the many other abilities we have.

If they were to buff us, I think something that helps with heat management would be nice... I'm very good and measured about it in pve, but trying to burst down a bubble-using pebble-thrower can cause me to get overzealous. :mon_redface:

Personally I think they should just jack up HSM damage. This would allow us to have great spike dps, but only if we get 5 stacks on some1 which is easily countered. As it is now, we just don't' hurt enough and can easily be stopped. Lose Lose.