Social Interaction/fun in SWTOR

Proksham

I believe that SWTOR has severely limited it's social aspect by not supporting community related in game events that do not involve alien AIDS.

You don't have even a domestic LFG tool that could help foster relationships made between like minded people who can run dungeons regularly. You have no social gaming like pod-racing, pazaak games. You regularly close threads on your official forums that instead focus on community discussion instead of being directly about game mechanics.

Community needs support. I Bigperm, bite my thumb at the developers and mods of these forums for your actions and lack of support.

Good day

Are you bitting your thumbs at them sir?:D

I do agree with you, the social aspects of this game is lacking and i do agree with you on the thread closes, actually they just closed a thread about server population and and why people do and don't re-roll on servers. it was a small discussion, which i thought some of the points were constructive and they closed it. and since this thread involves community lacking, it will be closed. how could they imporve? clad you asked:)

LFG/Dungeon finder for like minded individuals who like to quest and quest with other people.

Ingame voice chat for groups (talking to each other is still the best way to get to know people)

Social events like a cantina raves(we already have the glowsticks:csw_bluesaber:), cantina foam party:D, dance offs, battle raps, pazaak games, pod racing, swoop racing, planet wide scavenger hunts, dueling arenas on the fleet, etc. games that are pretty much social oriented.

Guild bulliten board: recruitment, contacts, mission statements (not everyone reads the forums and even less people like to cipher through the labrynth called the server group forums.

Social areas: trooper cantina, smuggler cantina, LS cantina, DS cantina, (instert craft) cantina, singles cantina(sorry, had to throw that in there,,,,Giggity:D), Jedi lounge, or any area that would attract people of like minds.

those are just a few thoughts. I do wish the social aspect of this game was better.

I believe that SWTOR has severely limited it's social aspect by not supporting community related in game events that do not involve alien AIDS.

You don't have even a domestic LFG tool that could help foster relationships made between like minded people who can run dungeons regularly. You have no social gaming like pod-racing, pazaak games. You regularly close threads on your official forums that instead focus on community discussion instead of being directly about game mechanics.

Community needs support. I Bigperm, bite my thumb at the developers and mods of these forums for your actions and lack of support.

Good day

I personally have zero issues with social interaction in this game. I play with friends and we have a guild. Outside of our guild there are constant RP parties in Fleet (some of which I find a bit weird as I'm not much of an RPer), frequent World Boss OP pugs and chat has constant LFG traffic even in off hours. Mask of Nihilus - PvE, and our server status is listed as "standard" like practically every other server. All the tools in the world won't help a community socialize if the community just wants to be left alone.

Though I definitely think your idea of mini-games like pod racing & Pazaak is a sound one. Deal me in!

Edited by GalacticKegger

I personally have zero issues with social interaction in this game. I play with friends and we have a guild. Outside of our guild there are constant RP parties in Fleet (some of which I find a bit weird as I'm not much of an RPer), frequent World Boss OP pugs and chat has constant LFG traffic even in off hours. Mask of Nihilus - PvE, and our server status is listed as "standard" like practically every other server. All the tools in the world won't help a community socialize if the community just wants to be left alone.

Though I definitely think your idea of mini-games like pod racing & Pazaak is a sound one. Deal me in!

This. I roleplay all the time with friends, and this is coming from a guy in a PvE guild who loves to PvP. Not even real life friends. Most are people I met in other games that happened to follow me when I went into SWTOR. And it's not like there's nobody around ever. I will voice the words of wisdom my mother told me when she dropped me off for my first day of kindergarten.

"Remember to smile, honey, and introduce yourself, and play nice with the other kids. And stop picking your nose!"

Edited by Malles

"Remember to smile, honey, and introduce yourself, and play nice with the other kids. And stop picking your nose!"

OMG...!!! your mother must have been my mother's long lost sister.....

Seriously though - agree with some of it, also agree that a guild can make a huge difference, however when you're in a more narrowed TZ and a region south of the equator even a guild can't help you sometimes, I find that when I get on the majority of the guild is going ni-nies. Would be great to see other options and as other people have pointed out if you do the random LFG thing your bound to get hit by the "spacebar, spacebar, press spacebar your useless @%@%@...."

When I team for heroics and flahspoints, it's when I have the most opportunity to socialize with other players. I try to talk to them but most of the time, they're so eager to finish the run asap that they don't really reply. I've seen many times a player asking another one to spacebar all the conversations. The funny thing is I bet some of them are among the ones who complain about the lack of social interactions in SWTOR.

It seems that a lot of players only have 2-3 hours at most some days of the week to play and they try so much to maximize their gaming time that they race to finish instances. So I guess I should find a social guild asap. :cool: