Anyone with a prebuilt rig?

Novaaa

So I'm looking for advice as I have a $1500 budget to build a new machine. I would ideally like to go with a custom built one off of one of the websites ie (Cyberpower, IBUYPOWER, SYX, Alienware) and would like to know if anybody here has one from any of those?

Even if you dont, could I get some advice on which ones would be the best place to order from based on out of the box issues? Also I've never had a liquid cooling setup and was wondering what type of maintenance is required for that and how often and difficult is that to deal with?

If you go with a custom built machine from places like ibuypower and the like, make sure you pick out ALL your components and research them thoroughly. Don't get a pre-built newegg/tiger direct rig, because they will use some very.....very cheap components to keep the price down.

Buy a cheap pre-built, you will have crummy ram, psu, and probably mobo.

edit- you can get closed loop water cooling sets. intel now has one, and zalman just dropped one. They are both for cpu only and I myself will be using one instead of air for my next build

Edited by Proksham

No need for water cooling a PC unless you are overclocking it hard.

It sounds like you are not interested or comfortable with building a machine on your own so I would suggest you negotiate with a local small computer store/ college student to help you build one. You will learn so much more about computing, get the best parts for the money, and save money.

The thing a national builder/boutique builder can offer you is warranty, but be very careful as not all warranties are good and not all companies honor their warranties as they should.

Good luck.

So I'm looking for advice as I have a $1500 budget to build a new machine. I would ideally like to go with a custom built one off of one of the websites ie (Cyberpower, IBUYPOWER, SYX, Alienware) and would like to know if anybody here has one from any of those?

Even if you dont, could I get some advice on which ones would be the best place to order from based on out of the box issues? Also I've never had a liquid cooling setup and was wondering what type of maintenance is required for that and how often and difficult is that to deal with?

I cannot recommend the Corsair H-80 enough. Have one in my rig and it keeps everything cool and stable. Closed loop, three noise settings, and easy install. And not a lot of folks seem to realize this, but the right case will make or break a rig. I use a Coolermaster HAF X. It's huge, and weighs a ton, but the cablemanagement keeps the interior free and clear of airflow blockages. If you can't get a HAF case or something comparable, skip it and build it yourself. My rig is all EVGA with a first gen i7 and I can't make SWTOR stutter.

I've bought from IBUYPOWER before. Twice to be exact. They're not bad. Pricing is quite good too. Just be patient as it will take 2-3 weeks for you to get your computer. I have had good experiences with them.

I prefer air over liquid, so I can't help you with the liquid question. Stay away from Alienware, they're overpriced. IBP is almost as cheap as building it yourself (in my experience). I would definitely get a modular PSU though. They're so nice for cabinet tidiness.

Watercooling - for a system that is only gonna cost 1500 bucks - is a joke. It's like trying to put a ferrari's engine in a VW bug. ie. a waste of money.

I personally recommend sites like barbonekit.net (google it; it' like barebones-kit.net or something). Then just add the parts you want. They are generally cheaper. I hate Dell, so I'll never use Cyberpower or Alienware - I used NW-Falcon; and they did right by me.

Edited by Sabster

Sans a monitor, 1500 dollars can build a very nice rig. Plus the added benefit of easy installation is certainly warranted.

My rig cost around 2000, minus the monitor (i use my 1080p LCD tv). No reason to be hating on closed water loops, I'd pay a little extra for ease of access any day of the week.

edit - also, keep in mind we're talking about a cpu only closed loop. not a full custom loop through the entire rig

Edited by Proksham