DPS definitely needed a buff.

Annex

Im not one of these moaner types but honestly. Patch today BUFFs dps classes MORE? W*f are bioware smoking. I want some.

The game is unplayable now unless youre a dps. I have a 50 jugg tank and a 50 sorc healer, both in battlemaster and tbh there is no point in either of them.

• The sorc literally dies instantly. In the space of 1 cc i go from full with shield up to dead with only 2 dps on me. Whats the point? I can't even cast. Not that it would matter if i could as the heals do nothing now. Yes, you can still push big numbers from hots (I know) but that very little use in actual pvp.
  • The tank dies slower than the sorc but does no damage and is only any use in huttball for intercedes. Guarding anyone is simply suicide as there is so much DPS going around.

I've been a high level PvPer for years now in various games (RF, AOC, WAR, Aion). Always been one of the top PvPers on my server and always been willing to ride out over nerfs but this is just getting stupid.

PvP in swtor just seems so pointless. If youre not DPS youre just cannon fodder. If you are DPS you just pewpewpew win.

Why bother?

Im not one of these moaner types but honestly. Patch today BUFFs dps classes MORE? W*f are bioware smoking. I want some.

The game is unplayable now unless youre a dps. I have a 50 jugg tank and a 50 sorc healer, both in battlemaster and tbh there is no point in either of them.

• The sorc literally dies instantly. In the space of 1 cc i go from full with shield up to dead with only 2 dps on me. Whats the point? I can't even cast. Not that it would matter if i could as the heals do nothing now. Yes, you can still push big numbers from hots (I know) but that very little use in actual pvp.
  • The tank dies slower than the sorc but does no damage and is only any use in huttball for intercedes. Guarding anyone is simply suicide as there is so much DPS going around.

I've been a high level PvPer for years now in various games (RF, AOC, WAR, Aion). Always been one of the top PvPers on my server and always been willing to ride out over nerfs but this is just getting stupid.

PvP in swtor just seems so pointless. If youre not DPS youre just cannon fodder. If you are DPS you just pewpewpew win.

Why bother?

Because once in awhile, you run in to these noob DPS, who think the last 10 games they got away with DPS only team. They hit my team of stacked healers, and then they come to the forums to cry.

On a serious note, you need at least 2 healers to be effective, one healer can just be mitigated by a good marauder/sentinel.

The thing is, if the healing output of 1 healer is significantly less than the DPS output of 1 DPSer its always better to have an extra DPS than a healer. Currently it feels like healer specs can HPS ~50% of what DPS can put out.

Its just not right.

I can see why BW changed healing in 1.2 as the tank+healer combo was pretty much immortal before but the better tweek would have been to change guard not just reduce healing across the board (and nerf sarcs/sages on top of that too).

As it is now, if youre not guarded, youre a free kill (as most DPS freely admit), if you are guarded youre just a liability to the tank and thats 2 people who aren't killing anything.

I want to play healer and tank but feeling like I may as well just go DPS. Surely that can't be balanced.

The thing is, if the healing output of 1 healer is significantly less than the DPS output of 1 DPSer its always better to have an extra DPS than a healer. Currently it feels like healer specs can HPS ~50% of what DPS can put out.

Its just not right.

Its not the healing that is the problem, its mitigation! In particular for tank specs, they should survive much more effectively than current values.

Its a combination of:

- The healing output going down a lot across the board

- Over nerfs to certain healer classes (egsorc/sage main heal is now 90% useless as its a 2.3s cast)

- Lots of extra damage from expertise dmg buff

1.2 Pretty much ruined PvP for me as a Tanky Tank.

I am waiting for GW2 and occasionally queuing to ROMP PUGS or maybe get a competitive game.

I get way into organized PvP to deal with it in this game. It's clear they have no direction and no idea what they are doing and are just trying to drag it out.

And I expressly disagree with their decision on roots existing outside of resolve for a kiting metagame.

Why would you be a Juggernaut tank in PvP?

Because you enjoy playing support classes?

Because you are more bothered by the team result than just wtfpwnbignumber?

Because not everyone wants to just hit stuff and win?

Its not pve specced its a pvp spec tank. Yes - alien concept but they do exist (at least in other games).