server transfers and where that leaves your legacy

Thalnar

first of all, can we get an ETA on character transfers, and when they become available, will we be given the option to send the levels of our legacy to the new server, and possibly combine the points aquired on each server to one legacy?

i have 2 50's on vulkar highway, but that server is dead, and i'm level 17 legacy, i have a toon on swiftsure that is legacy 3, i would like to see all my characters on swiftsure, but will i have to start over with legacy? or can i get them combined somehow? maybe just add the points required for 1 - 3 and add them to my total for level 17 and let me choose between which legacy name i like more on the server i wish to have them on. just wondering. or if not that, just let me have the higher level of legacy of the 2. just some thoughts.:wea_03:

This is why transfers should have top priority above 1.2 and legacy system. I bet many people are torn between carrying on with there original rolled toons on dead servers or new toons with nothing on populated servers. Wonder how many people quit because of this dilemma ? Edited by Tsukuni

…will we be given the option to send the levels of our legacy to the new server, and possibly combine the points aquired on each server to one legacy?

This has been answered. The highest legacy level applies.

E.g. Transfer a character from The Harbinger (17 legacy) to Daborra (legacy 3), the copied character and all existing characters on Dalborra will now be 17 legacy.

first of all, can we get an ETA on character transfers, and when they become available

It has been proven again and again that it in the world of game development it is best not to promise release dates, until such time that the product is sufficiently mature that there is a high level of confidence in the date. The devs have stated that this is a high priority and, clearly, by the progress made on Asia/Pacific transfers, they are moving forward.

Edited by Kthx

E.g. Transfer a character from The Harbinger (17 legacy) to Daborra (legacy 3), the copied character and all existing characters on Dalborra will now be 17 legacy.

Actually no.

This has been answered for the APAC transfers and only the APAC transfers. The method used for those transfers is different to anything else, because it assumes that the majority of characters on an account are moving to the new server, thus you want your legacy to move too. This makes sense for the APAC transfers.

For ad-hoc character transfer, where you might want to move 1 character off a server onto another to play with friends, while continuing raiding on the original server with your main, this doesn't make sense. The question above is about ad-hoc transfers, because they're asking about an ETA on character transfers and the APAC transfers have already started.

Kinda funny, the those servers got the needed mergers, transfers, but the U.S/Euro market with much more saturation and player base and the VAST number of dead servers still have nothing..

But they keep losing player base, and still nothing...

Kinda funny, the those servers got the needed mergers, transfers, but the U.S/Euro market with much more saturation and player base and the VAST number of dead servers still have nothing..

But they keep losing player base, and still nothing...

You clearly do not follow dev posts on the topic. If you did, YOU WOULD NOT BE SO FAR OUT OF TOUCH WITH THEIR STATED PLANS. :rolleyes:

Been following since before launch, and all I see is more and more smoke and mirrors...

As I've mentioned before, the character transfer system for Asia-Pacific servers is not the final system - it is in fact essentially a prototype for the final system, designed to transfer a small amount of characters (relatively speaking).

The final character transfer system is in development now and is a high priority for the development team. However, as this is a complex technical challenge with many 'moving parts' it will not be available until some time after the Asia-Pacific character transfer process is finished. When we have more details and a more accurate ETA to share, we will do so.

Well, as long as we accept that BioWare routinely lies through their teeth, you're right, they haven't said anything.

as we are all aware what they say and what in fact happens are 2 completely different things.

also, you realise asia-pasific are the guinea pigs right? hehe hope it goes well for you all.

So after waitingj this long, we suppossed to be happy that Aisa is getting transfers and we still have to wait with no date in mind.

Whats worse is it looks like they gonna charge if you did not have pre-pay.

This is extreamlly disappointing and I have not played the game for some time now.

I just think if they take too long and charge then that will be the final straw for me.

Edited by righrughrpgrpg

This is getting really anoying trying to play on a dead server! Atleast they could do Server switch PVP, Were players from any server play pvp against other players on other servers, Like WoW, atleast people will be a bit happyer intill they sort out the server transfer propperly.

Greetings,

We do realize that server population and related topics are of great concern to our community. There are already a couple of different conversations you can join, so you might want to add your thoughts here:

Server Population: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=396615

Server Transfers: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=357566

Server Merges: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=399294

Daniel Erickson on Server Population: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=417608

You may also be interested in reading what Senior Online Community Manager Stephen Reid said regarding server transfers recently:

The final character transfer system is in development now and is a high priority for the development team. However, as this is a complex technical challenge with many 'moving parts' it will not be available until some time after the Asia-Pacific character transfer process is finished. When we have more details and a more accurate ETA to share, we will do so.

We hope this sheds some light on the issue. We are closing this thread now. Thank you for your feedback!