The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Do you want endless stalemates of healing?

Inthebeginning

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly although guard is a cool idea. It is totally responsible for healing being fkd. If you balance a healer without guard so they dont die in a second then once they are guarded you will never kill them. If you balance them with guard they will die in seconds to a dps.

They need to fix guard so that it doesn't mitigate so much damage. Maybe it takes 50% off the healer but does 75% damage to tank and tank does less damage when guarding someone. Right now shadows/assassin + op/scoundrel healer = a win or a hell of a fight.

Or make it dispellable.

i"m fine with healing as it is although i dont understand the point of a healer if they cant live 1v1. I personally can. but isn't the point of a healer to live and heal others?

Your class is not meant to get in 1v1 fights. The idea implicit in "live and heal others" is that by healing others, they in turn help you live.

If you are healing someone, they should be attacking anyone that is attacking you.

Furthermore, isn't it the point of any class to "live"? Healers don't have a monopoly on not being killed... I live by killing healers faster than they can heal themselves, I live by killing ranged people up close, or by avoiding them altogether if they can see me coming from far away. I live by killing tanks faster than they can kill me, because frankly tanks ARE a little bit too squishy. I live against other Sent/Maras by being better. You live by healing people like me. If you don't want to depend on others to survive, don't roll a class that is designed specifically to work with others.

I live by killing healers faster than they can heal themselves, I live by killing ranged people up close, or by avoiding them altogether if they can see me coming from far away. I live by killing tanks faster than they can kill me, because frankly tanks ARE a little bit too squishy. I live against other Sent/Maras by being better.

I, I, I, I... now add 2-3 more DPS like you and focus a healer.. game over.