New Infiltration Leap Ability

Xinika

Numbers are a placeholder.

This is meant to be an ability deep within Infiltration exclusively.

[shadow Leap]

10-30 Yard Range.

60 Second Cooldown.

Vanishes into the shadows and appears next to an opponent, removing all movement impairing effects and increasing your movement speed by 20% for 2 seconds. In addition, you take 50% less damage from all sources for 2 seconds.

Discuss.

Not gonna happen. Force users don't have the abilities to teleport.

Looking at it from a mechanic point of view, a vanish and reappear is quite good. It removes you as a traget to the enemies in pvp, which makes it incredibly useful in a group fight, just might save your life you're getting focus.

Edited by Kai-Eurah-Tird

Shadow doesn't need another gap closer - we have plenty. I do agree that infiltration and balance need more survival abilities.

However, it would be nice to have another means of moving through the 3D world (up or down). I am thinking about something Force Jump, an ability to be used only outside of combat. Every game/movie featured jedis who could leap to incredible heights.

Each class should have something similar, but strictly outside combat:

Force users: Jump

Trooper, bounty hunter: rocket pack or something similar

Smuggler, agent: grappling hook.

Edited by csmnstoica

We already have Force Speed

I rather wanna see a replacer to Mental Potency, the perk in Balance which reduced FiB cost.

It is on the same tier as FiB and i find it completely unecissary. They should make FiB cost 25 force as a baseline and add another perk at it's place:

For example:

- Allows us to use Spinning Strike at any target health, with 20 sec CD but deals 80% damage when used on targets above 35% hp. Make it deal roughly 15% more damage then Double Strike, just so we could have another lightsaber-attack/animation in our rotation. It's too much Double Strike spam at the moment i feel.

or

- Make FiB grant us an absorbing shield which absorbs 30% of the damage dealth to one of the targets. This would of course not be in Sage's Balance tree because they don't have s similar boring talet like Mental Potency.

FiB = Force in Balance

Edited by Nilsenmarnardal

Not gonna happen. Force users don't have the abilities to teleport.

Looking at it from a mechanic point of view, a vanish and reappear is quite good. It removes you as a traget to the enemies in pvp, which makes it incredibly useful in a group fight, just might save your life you're getting focus.

If anything Force users should be the one to get it :/

[shadow Leap]

30 meter Range.

60 Second Cooldown.

Vanishes into the shadows and appears next to an opponent, removing all movement impairing effects and increasing your damage done by 20% for 2 seconds. In addition, you take 50% less damage from all sources for 2 seconds.

Discuss.

Corrected. Now this will be better, as increased damage will compensate for the lack of a proper opener. There is no point in more movement speed as you are already next to your victim. Aaaand this game operates in metrics, not the damn ancient and obsolete imperial system! :D

Edited by Devorasx

Corrected. Now this will be better, as increased damage will compensate for the lack of a proper opener. There is no point in more movement speed as you are already next to your victim. Aaaand this game operates in metrics, not the damn ancient and obsolete imperial system! :D

Ugh my original idea was increasing the critical chance on backstab by 50% but I don't really think infil needs more damage... perse

Nevertheless...

The important part for me is the shadow step and damage reduction.

Ugh my original idea was increasing the critical chance on backstab by 50% but I don't really think infil needs more damage... perse

Nevertheless...

The important part for me is the shadow step and damage reduction.

Fair enough. Im just catering to BW idea of reduced TTK. Im not letting infil fall behind on that part.

[shadow Leap]

10-30 Yard Range.

60 Second Cooldown.

Vanishes into the shadows and jump to an opponent, removing all movement impairing effects and increasing your movement speed by 20% for 20 seconds. In addition, you take 50% less damage from all sources for 20 seconds. While slowly floating above your enemies' heads, you leave a path of ruin and destruction, shooting Jedi Torpedoes from your lightsaber. Each projectile deals 3678 Kinetic damage which cannot be mitigated, so dreadful is the power of the Force. Additionaly, each Force Torpedo has 66,6% chance to remove ongoing cooldown from Shadow Leap. When Shadow Leap ends you stomp the ground around you, knocking everyone back, dealing 4867 internal damage and them pulling them back in. All targets which have been pulled back to you are now stunned for a duration of 15 seconds. This state of trance cannot be avoided by any means, including resolve. Damage does not break nor shorten the stun duration. Shadow Leap does not break stealth.

Discuss.

fixed ;o

Edited by NeverRose

[shadow Leap]

10-30 Yard Range.

60 Second Cooldown.

Vanishes into the shadows and appears next to an opponent, removing all movement impairing effects and increasing your movement speed by 20% for 2 seconds. In addition, you take 50% less damage from all sources for 2 seconds.

Discuss.

At the cost of how much Force?

Or replace Resourcefulness / Situational Awareness with an ability that goes:

Grants you a 50%/100% chance that an attack that would otherwise kill you will instead reduce your health to 10% of your maximum health. In addition, you gain 99% damage reduction from all damage sources for 2 seconds. This ability cannot occur more than once per 120 seconds.

Or replace Resourcefulness / Situational Awareness with an ability that goes:

Grants you a 50%/100% chance that an attack that would otherwise kill you will instead reduce your health to 10% of your maximum health. In addition, you gain 99% damage reduction from all damage sources for 2 seconds. This ability cannot occur more than once per 120 seconds.

Not long enough imo.

This isn't the first time this has been suggested. It was a bad idea then too lol. Ignoring the power of the ability, the option to teleport is a Star Trek power, not Star Wars.

there is an an mob Assasin/shadow type that teleports to target simular to that of a WoW's rogue shadowstep in game

Also people need to take note that with the new dps metres that shown up that the Shadow/Assasin both dps specs are the lowest overall of all the dps class's

Side note if any of the tree's that's getting a leap type ability it gonna be the Kinect tree for QOL

The ability is simply OP because it's an extra movement + extra mitigation. It's basically:

- A 2nd Force Speed.

- A 2nd Resillience affecting ALL kinds of damage (Not just powers) for 2 seconds (in contrast to the 3s Resilience last).

In any case... It adresses something the Shadows lack... Which is vertical movement. This is also affecting PvE recently, and not just PvP (Any shadow that has done EC will know what I'm talking about... There is a good example there... Not critical but I always find hilarious what would happen with an entire Shadow Team against the Snipers in the upper floors that protect the 1st extra Commendation Chest).

(The ideal candidate would be to allow Force Speed to ALSO increase jumping height but... That will trigger all kind of geometry exploits and send to hell the carefull balance of some puzzles).

In any case... As I also hate having extra buttons I would go for:

Exit Strategy+

[actual effect]. Additionally, Shadow Strikes attempted while on Shadow Technique against enemies between 10-30m will make the Shadow Blink to the back of his/her target doing 15%/30% extra damage. This use will afflict the Shadow with "Force Exhaustion" preventing him to Blink or use Force Speed for 30s.

The above modification will give:

- A force costly vertical movement option. 50 force for this is quite taxing. So Force Speed will still be the prefered gap closer on horizontal surfaces.

- A "finisher" to use against a fleeing enemy (Most of the time the shadow would have Find Weakness up to cut the cost of this jump and to make this hard hitting SS to ignore armor).

- No extra buttons... The player will choose with the same button if they want to blink or not. The deadzone between 5-10m is done on purpose not only to be able to use the same button, but to be sure that a player that tries to use the boosted SS against their current target actually looses 1 or 2 GCDs by moving back (This deadzone can be tweaked as pleased to correct any "missuse" of SS against the target the Shadow is currently engaging on melee).

- The extra damage on SS is a requirement to alleviate the problem of swaping between long range targets and to enforce this skill as an unique "Class Role" allowing an alert Shadow to tactically swap targets to finish off retreating enemies on PvP, specially.

- It's important to have a visible buff (Alternatively this use can induce a 30s CD on Force Speed if it helps at visualization better... The net effect is the same).

For Loremongers

You can't distinguish a short range teleport from a fast enough short burst of speed.

EDIT2: Removed CD on SS... Was redundant because of extra requirements of FW proc for any DPS use of SS. The CD on Force Speed should stay because, imho, a burst class with too much mobility is OP... Makes Darting too easy.

Edited by ragamer

The ability is simply OP because it's an extra movement + extra mitigation. It's basically:

- A 2nd Force Speed.

- A 2nd Resillience affecting ALL kinds of damage (Not just powers) for 2 seconds (in contrast to the 3s Resilience last).

In any case... It adresses something the Shadows lack... Which is vertical movement. This is also affecting PvE recently, and not just PvP (Any shadow that has done EC will know what I'm talking about... There is a good example there... Not critical but I always find hilarious what would happen with an entire Shadow Team against the Snipers in the upper floors that protect the 1st extra Commendation Chest).

(The ideal candidate would be to allow Force Speed to ALSO increase jumping height but... That will trigger all kind of geometry exploits and send to hell the carefull balance of some puzzles).

In any case... As I also hate having extra buttons I would go for:

Exit Strategy+

[actual effect]. Additionally, Shadow Strikes attempted while on Shadow Technique against enemies between 10-30m will make the Shadow Blink to the back of his/her target doing 15%/30% extra damage. This use will afflict the Shadow with "Force Exhaustion" preventing him to Blink or use Force Speed for 30s.

The above modification will give:

- A force costly vertical movement option. 50 force for this is quite taxing. So Force Speed will still be the prefered gap closer on horizontal surfaces.

- A "finisher" to use against a fleeing enemy (Most of the time the shadow would have Find Weakness up to cut the cost of this jump and to make this hard hitting SS to ignore armor).

- No extra buttons... The player will choose with the same button if they want to blink or not. The deadzone between 5-10m is done on purpose not only to be able to use the same button, but to be sure that a player that tries to use the boosted SS against their current target actually looses 1 or 2 GCDs by moving back (This deadzone can be tweaked as pleased to correct any "missuse" of SS against the target the Shadow is currently engaging on melee).

- The extra damage on SS is a requirement to alleviate the problem of swaping between long range targets and to enforce this skill as an unique "Class Role" allowing an alert Shadow to tactically swap targets to finish off retreating enemies on PvP, specially.

- It's important to have a visible buff (Alternatively this use can induce a 30s CD on Force Speed if it helps at visualization better... The net effect is the same).

For Loremongers

You can't distinguish a short range teleport from a fast enough short burst of speed.

EDIT2: Removed CD on SS... Was redundant because of extra requirements of FW proc for any DPS use of SS. The CD on Force Speed should stay because, imho, a burst class with too much mobility is OP... Makes Darting too easy.

The main point is for the added defense which infil desperately lacks.

The main point is for the added defense which infil desperately lacks.

The problem with that is mobility is already a defense on PvP... You can't mix the 2 of them. Instead I would rework "Shadowy Veil" for something of use... ATM are 2 points no1 considers even using.

I'd disagree on this one, as a long time PvP'ier I have played through nerfs one after the other, the infiltrator shadow needs some DPS pumped back into its arsenal, It should do something to increase its burst capabilities because come on guys... 2.5k crit damage against tanks while in burst is horrendous, and that is on a good day. And remember guys, although the shadow is more tank-like than the scoundrel, the infiltrator spec is pure DPS, which unfortunately like i said, is bad. Edited by MnniBeast

I'd disagree on this one, as a long time PvP'ier I have played through nerfs one after the other, the infiltrator shadow needs some DPS pumped back into its arsenal, It should do something to increase its burst capabilities because come on guys... 2.5k crit damage against tanks while in burst is horrendous, and that is on a good day. And remember guys, although the shadow is more tank-like than the scoundrel, the infiltrator spec is pure DPS, which unfortunately like i said, is bad.

Try getting 850+ Power and then come back and say that.

This spec has more than enough burst.

It heavily lacks defense.

Right now, it's damage output doesn't justify it's lack of utility and squishiness.