Allow Level 50s to do dailies

codyr

so i'm following the advice of the in-game customer service representative responding to ticket 5078904 to put a suggestion in the forum suggestion box.

i accidentally dropped the Crystal Ball quest chain on Ilum and now i cannot pick it back up. since completing the chain is a prerequisite to do the Ilum daily quests, i am prevented from doing those as well. i first put in a ticket asking how i could pick the chain back up and was told that CS agents cannot give quest advice so as not "to spoil the in-game story." a simple misunderstanding, so i put in another ticket reiterating that i'm not asking for quest advice, i'm asking how to complete the required quest chain so that i can partake in end-game content in the form of daily quests if i accidentally dropped it while in progress. there are no questgivers for me on Ilum, and so i suspect my part of the chain can only be picked up behind a red wall. the second response assured me that this was working as designed and that if i don't like it, i should put in a suggestion here.

so here's my suggestion; allow a level 50 to do level 50 content.

Edited by codyr

I would call and escalate it. The CSR's that respond to you are generally extremely unitelligent people who know nothing about the game itself. On so many occasions, they have said "working as intended" as a way to not have to do their jobs. So yes, call them and speak to somebody. Then speak to their supervisor. It does work when you speak to people not too lazy to do their jobs, or to stupid to know what the game is supposed to do.

Did you try going back to the fleet and picking up the original quest there?

yeh, i tried everything. Lt. Ha'laa gives out the quest, and he doesn't have anything for me. i completed part of it, so i'm fairly certain the quest-giver i need is behind a red wall. i drove all around Ilum looking and found nothing but red walls.

i'll try calling them. even if this isn't a 'bug' per se, it can't be that the developers intended to lock people out of end-game forever if they dropped a quest.

Edited by codyr

I would call and escalate it. The CSR's that respond to you are generally extremely unitelligent people who know nothing about the game itself. On so many occasions, they have said "working as intended" as a way to not have to do their jobs. So yes, call them and speak to somebody. Then speak to their supervisor. It does work when you speak to people not too lazy to do their jobs, or to stupid to know what the game is supposed to do.

its generally not that they are stupid, or even lazy, but they do suffer from a lack of training. there is quite a bit you need to pick up on the fly, and a large percent dont play the genre, or games, period. even with the "working as intended" they are going off from noted and guidelines written by those not in the know, so they very honestly probably do believe its working as intended.

@op as stated, try to look on fleet. it is very possible that it bugged in some way. as roccobb did state, actually calling, or resubmitting tickets till you get someone knowledgeable, or willing to actually chat with you instead of giving a canned response, will probably get you much further.

its generally not that they are stupid, or even lazy, but they do suffer from a lack of training. there is quite a bit you need to pick up on the fly, and a large percent dont play the genre, or games, period. even with the "working as intended" they are going off from noted and guidelines written by those not in the know, so they very honestly probably do believe its working as intended.

@op as stated, try to look on fleet. it is very possible that it bugged in some way. as roccobb did state, actually calling, or resubmitting tickets till you get someone knowledgeable, or willing to actually chat with you instead of giving a canned response, will probably get you much further.

Oh, and create a thread on the customer service for help with this. I am certain it will be like the Voss quests... they will just have to have someone somewhere give you the quest again if it is behind a red-wall.

@livinthedream, every time I have sent in a ticket, it has always been a canned result. Almost always it was a working as intended. Every time, I have to report it again, just to get a decent answer, and for them to request more info. If they do not know, they need to stop the copy and paste answers. That is pure laziness. If they simply do not know, they need to either a) learn, or b) ask for help. Every issue I have had to involve CS in, did end up getting resolved. But it took a lot more effort on my part than it ever took on their part. So yes, they are lazy. Too lazy to ask for clarification. Too lazy to ask somebody who knows for help. Too lazy to read an actual report instead of seeing a couple words in there and copy and pasting a response that actually has nothing to do with the report.

Oh, and create a thread on the customer service for help with this. I am certain it will be like the Voss quests... they will just have to have someone somewhere give you the quest again if it is behind a red-wall.

@livinthedream, every time I have sent in a ticket, it has always been a canned result. Almost always it was a working as intended. Every time, I have to report it again, just to get a decent answer, and for them to request more info. If they do not know, they need to stop the copy and paste answers. That is pure laziness. If they simply do not know, they need to either a) learn, or b) ask for help. Every issue I have had to involve CS in, did end up getting resolved. But it took a lot more effort on my part than it ever took on their part. So yes, they are lazy. Too lazy to ask for clarification. Too lazy to ask somebody who knows for help. Too lazy to read an actual report instead of seeing a couple words in there and copy and pasting a response that actually has nothing to do with the report.

except with the kind of quotas they need to meet they dont get that opportunity. this is also a large part of that "training" i was referring to. they are taught to do copy/paste answers, because it saves time. i dont know what standard they have to meet but i personally have seen/heard of having to answer as many as 40 tickets per hour, with actually having to fill out paper work for any actual changes they have to make. for a game of this size that is a VERY large number of people they have to keep on staff, train, etc in a segment of the industry that has stupid high turn over rate as it is, much less the actual costs involved.

im not saying its good, or right, but it is the nature of the beast and it really helps if you go into it with just a little understanding. railing against it on forums when any losses due to it fall under "acceptable" limits wont really do you much good.

except with the kind of quotas they need to meet they dont get that opportunity. this is also a large part of that "training" i was referring to. they are taught to do copy/paste answers, because it saves time. i dont know what standard they have to meet but i personally have seen/heard of having to answer as many as 40 tickets per hour, with actually having to fill out paper work for any actual changes they have to make. for a game of this size that is a VERY large number of people they have to keep on staff, train, etc in a segment of the industry that has stupid high turn over rate as it is, much less the actual costs involved.

im not saying its good, or right, but it is the nature of the beast and it really helps if you go into it with just a little understanding. railing against it on forums when any losses due to it fall under "acceptable" limits wont really do you much good.

I don't care if it takes them 3 hours to respond to me. I would prefer a real response instead of a canned one. Especially since I have reported a lot of bugs. I now know that they want all my information. They want to know the server, the character name, level, companion used at the time, quest name. Was I in a group at the time? What exactly is the issue, etc etc. Reset quest, press ctr-u twice....

So I take time to type it out. Now I type it in word and paste it in game, since the system does not allow you to copy your reports.

So I take time to type it all out. Send it in. They send me the canned response, asking for everything I just sent them, but they include a magic word in there that I have to include in my next report.

I am sorry, but I have been around the block on this game a few times now. I know what information you want. I know what steps you want me to take to fix it myself. That was all in the initial report. But they close the report after sending a canned response. Again, first few times really upset me, because I had to type everything over and over again. But now I just hit ctrl-v, add in the magic word, and click send. Why do they need to actually close the report? Why can't they leave it open with you able to respond to it?

If you need to take 3 hours to get to my report, fine. Do so. But do not make me jump through a million hoops just to tell you how your game is not working correctly.

ok so calling was pointless. their automated answering system first greets you with a recording of a garbled message about who knows what that was obviously recorded by someone using a conference phone and refused to pick up the handset. afterwards, you're shunted into a hypercard labyrinth of choices that you think will lead to a CS agent, but all of the choices are illusory. they all lead to a bunny with a pancake on his head that says your request is invalid and hangs up on you.

Edited by codyr
removing snark