Gearing up Mara in 1.2 for PvP?

Neuromann

I'm still in full BM gear with no oranges. I'm curious what the best way is for Mara's in 1.2? I see a lot of ppl in orange gear now, but I'm currently diplomacy/biochem/bioanalysis so I'd have to drop one I'm assuming for Synthweaving?

Just curious what others were doing.

You don't need to drop your crafting skill for the crafted gear, it is BoE. Just check in the GTN for it.

The general idea for the War Hero gear is to get the crafted versions of the gear that have augment slots. Then when you buy the set pieces with Ranked Warzone Commendations, you pull the mods out of those pieces and put them in the crafted pieces with the augment slots. The set bonuses will carry over when you do this. Hypothetically, you could craft any piece that crits, and put the mods into it, it doesn't HAVE to be the War Hero set.

You will see people running around in full crafted War Hero gear, but if you inspect them, most of them will be using their Battlemaster mods in that gear. If they do this, the set bonuses do NOT carry over. The set bonus will only carry over of you pull out the lvl 61 mods from the actual War Hero gear.

You're trying to pvp, not make credits...

Stick with biochem, it still offers the best personal benefits for pvp. People who are using orange gear in pvp are just using gear with aug slots and xfering BM mods over. Realize if you want to keep your set bonuses then you should avoid doing this. :)

Just grab the gear off your GTN; no need to change professions for it. If there is one thing in this game that's easy to get it's credits.

Edited by Kurfer