So... When are transfers happening?

AxeToMouth

Don't hold your breath. Won't be soon enough IMO. It should of been avail in 1.2 but alas, its prolly not even on the immediate horizon. Common sense would indicate they''d want to reassure subscribers that, yes they realize they screwed the pooch with server imbalances and are actively looking to offer transfers and/or consolidation of server populations. 10 people on my fleet at 2PM EST - that's bloody pathetic. Personally, ive been close to unsubbing for a while and in a few weeks when Diablo3 comes out, i figure that'll be the nail in the coffin.

Don't hold your breath. Won't be soon enough IMO. It should of been avail in 1.2 but alas, its prolly not even on the immediate horizon. Common sense would indicate they''d want to reassure subscribers that, yes they realize they screwed the pooch with server imbalances and are actively looking to offer transfers and/or consolidation of server populations. 10 people on my fleet at 2PM EST - that's bloody pathetic. Personally, ive been close to unsubbing for a while and in a few weeks when Diablo3 comes out, i figure that'll be the nail in the coffin.

I was thinking that they would wait until D3 and GW2 drop, then assess from that point on. Seems I am forgetting another title. Another thing to think about is the summer population might be different than the present population, it might be higher when students have more time on their hands.

pretty much the same, i hate rubbing it in bioware but you didn't need like 50 servers for the US, merge most of the light ones and we could see great improvement. they need to know they aren't going to hit the same number of subscribers they had at launch ever again, not unless they fix this game dramatically

Well, since the transfers to the Australasian servers are this week, I would think that all the moaning and wringing of hands can stop after this week.

I would assume then sometime after this the transfers for the rest can be rolled out once it's proven to work. They have the back end process in place, it's just a matter of seeing if it works en masse.

I was thinking that they would wait until D3 and GW2 drop, then assess from that point on. Seems I am forgetting another title. Another thing to think about is the summer population might be different than the present population, it might be higher when students have more time on their hands.

Waiting for GW and D3 to come out is a very bad idea. People are already quitting now and waiting will make more people quit. They need it asap. I think dead servers is the #1 problem with this game and many people are leaving cause of that. Today is my last day of my sub i am not renewing it cause im sick and tired of playing on my dead server.

I like this game but i am not paying 15$ a month for a single player rpg.

I'm with you. And, I am tired of the ones here that say "Why don't you do this?" "Why don't you do that?" I don't like "this" or "that" or I would do it. Bioware needs to fix things if they want this game to survive. You have some heavy hitter MMO's (none I am interested in) coming out in the next 12 months and you would think the fire would be there to get this clock perfectly ticking.

Why are you still playing on a dead server!? Reroll somewhere else, enjoy the game with an active population, and transfer you existing characters when the technology is in place. The developers aren't waiting for a strategic moment to release the functionality. It is simply not currently available. Edited by HeavensAgent

... Bioware needs to fix things if they want this game to survive. You have some heavy hitter MMO's (none I am interested in) coming out in the next 12 months and you would think the fire would be there to get this clock perfectly ticking.
That's exactly what they're doing. Additionally, they have longer to do this than you choose to recognize. Those "heavy hitters" you mention are going to face launch and content issues of their own, and go through the same process SWTOR is now. If Bioware can have the majority of things in place when those titles suffer their post-launch burst, the success of SWTOR is essentially guaranteed.

That's exactly what they're doing. Additionally, they have longer to do this than you choose to recognize. Those "heavy hitters" you mention are going to face launch and content issues of their own, and go through the same process SWTOR is now. If Bioware can have the majority of things in place when those titles suffer their post-launch burst, the success of SWTOR is essentially guaranteed.

Or...they are learning from Bioware's mistakes and they won't have as many these issues post launch.

Transfers will happen for US and Euro players sometime after you see BW enable them for Australia and Asia players. That'll be your cue that they finally made the program changes to avoid doing all the transfers manually. As for the number of servers, they were in a no win situation at launch. If they'd kept the server numbers down, people would've been screaming bloody murder to add more servers. If they put a bunch in people would scream for mergers and transfers once they game settled down. Choose your poison.

Or...they are learning from Bioware's mistakes and they won't have as many these issues post launch.
Every title that is released has unique and individualized issues to deal with post launch. There has never been a title in this industry that did not suffer this. It is literally impossible to account for these ahead of time. The titles you mention will be no different, despite what the groundless hype may lead one to believe.

Every title that is released has unique and individualized issues to deal with post launch. There has never been a title in this industry that did not suffer this. It is literally impossible to account for these ahead of time. The titles you mention will be no different, despite what the groundless hype may lead one to believe.

Rift had very few issues at launch. And...shouldn't you be working on the game instead of posting on the forums Mr. Erickson?