Support Star Wars The Old Republic on Mac OSX.

Noxaddo

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

+1.

( Mac + Windows ) > Windows.

Macs have games. Windows and console developers port to Mac. Despite 5+ years of Boot Camp, Mac OS games are increasing. Mac market share is increasing.

WoW has Mac + Windows. HeroEngine is ported to OpenGL. So should SWTOR.

Edited by ArkhamNative

Macs are not gaming rigs, they are for designers who pay more for a pretty case... I'd rather they worked on making the game better than catering to people who are to lazy to use bootcamp..

IMHO

You my friend must be living in a distant past..

You have bootcamp. Sure, you have to go buy Windows, but you're used to overpaying for things anyways, so what's the problem?

I think it's far weirder to ask why anyone would bother spending the money porting something to MAC once bootcamp came out. :p I realize it is done, but I certainly would never make that financial decision if I was in charge.

There's a reason Apple spent all that money and effort to bring you bootcamp, you know.

Edited by revial

You have bootcamp. Sure, you have to go buy Windows, but you're used to overpaying for things anyways, so what's the problem?

I think it's far weirder to ask why anyone would bother spending the money porting something to MAC once bootcamp came out. :p I realize it is done, but I certainly would never make that financial decision if I was in charge.

There's a reason Apple spent all that money and effort to bring you bootcamp, you know.

We brought it out so we didn't have to hear the following:

Can we run norton anti virus on 10.4

Can we run Quickbooks on the mac osx thingy

Can we run The window thingy on the your computer (serious question i kid you not)

Why can't i run MS office (yes i know....its for mac but ppl are that dumb)

and cause OSX is apparently to damn hard to figure out....

Macs are not gaming rigs, they are for designers who pay more for a pretty case... I'd rather they worked on making the game better than catering to people who are to lazy to use bootcamp..

IMHO

That might have been the case 10 years ago, but things are rapidly changing. You might want to check out the benchmarks of the latest 15 inch and 17 inch MacBook Pros. Of course, the current Mac Pro is going to blow most PCs out of the water as well.

It's the same hardware but superior quality components (opposed to most PC manufacturers) and and design of component placement.

This thread is about requesting a native build for OSX, presumably Lion (w/o Rosetta). Considering that OSX is a much more lightweight and smoother running operating system than Windows, I imagine SWTOR would run like butter on Macs meeting the minimum hardware requirements. Of course those surpassing it will be amazing.

That might have been the case 10 years ago, but things are rapidly changing. You might want to check out the benchmarks of the latest 15 inch and 17 inch MacBook Pros. Of course, the current Mac Pro is going to blow most PCs out of the water as well.

It's the same hardware but superior quality components (opposed to most PC manufacturers) and and design of component placement.

This thread is about requesting a native build for OSX, presumably Lion (w/o Rosetta). Considering that OSX is a much more lightweight and smoother running operating system than Windows, I imagine SWTOR would run like butter on Macs meeting the minimum hardware requirements. Of course those surpassing it will be amazing.

Tell that to the AVG PC users

problem is they think all us Apple Employees are Hippy who drive VW bugs and drink pot tea and play hacky sack during lunch....i hate those ppl so freaking much

This x1000

macs are for hipsters who want to look like they are in the know.

Are you saying you wouldn't want to game on this particular Rig:

--------------------------------------------------------------

Two 2.93GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon “Westmere” (12 cores)

64 GB (8 x 8 GB)

RAID Config 1

512GB solid-state drive

512GB solid-state drive

RAID Config 2

2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive

2TB 7200-rpm Serial ATA 3Gb/s hard drive

Two ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB

18x SuperDrive

Quad-channel 4Gb Fibre Channel PCI Express card

--------------------------------------------------------------

I know I sure would!