What Skill tree is best

FleetAtvar

Gunnery is excellent once you get Grav Round, everything builds off of that and it gets better. Move 30m away, park and blast em

Assault is pretty good, but doesn't mesh as well in questing due to the DoT nature of it. Great for PvP though due to mobility.

None if you want to take part in serious pvp maters. Keep playing medic or reroll or cancel. Commando dps and tools are ****. Sorry to say it to you bro.

your a troll or just cant play your class right.:p what i recommend is do you like healing or dps? if healing stay as you are and have everything on combat medic except for the one that makes your educe damage to self and heal extra during shield unless you go pvp then have the rest in gunnery, but for leveling i suggest gunnery for pve unless you do pvp then assault. since gunnery is good pve tool when you get grav vortex and the stacks to make high impact bolt stronger and also fulla uto. once you reach level 40 your an unstoppable machine :)

PLEASE DONT TROLL

Lately I been Assault Spec commando, and its great its mobile and I get high DPS in wz.

Gunnery is not so good for PVP because you have to cast your Grav Round and that does get interrupted alot.

Your enemy does not know if your gunnery spec or assault spec so his/her first instinct is to interrupt you.

But if you AS that is not an issue where you can just run and cast all your instant cast damage abilities.

All tree specs are great and they all serve a purpose, at this moment no tree single tree can fit all situations, except for Combat Medic.

You have to repsec, alot if you want to be viable. Gunnery is a must for PVE because the higher DPS due to Grav Round and Demo Round. Assault Spec is best for PVP due to the mobility and instant cast, if you have not notice the combat is much faster pace and assault spec fits right in line. Combat Medic is great for both everyone needs heals!!!!.

Each spec is based on situation no single tree is best for everything, so improvise, adapt and overcome!!

Be open to new play styles and new rotations, because commandos are just pure evil IMO. =D

ENJOY!

Edited by MasterRodimus

Want to point out one last thing if you going combat medic or any other spec, you would need your battlemaster gear (or greater) if PVPing or Rakata or greater if you PVEing. So the tree you pick would have two different sets of gear depending if you PVPing or PVEing.

Currently I have augmented 50 gear with mods from war comm warlord gear inserted for in my PVP set. So yes the game is gear dependent, so start grinding it out. Plus I never played an MMO with some type of grind, so get grinding.

The assult spec the only thing to modifiy would be to add a snare ability so I can kite and get away from melee range.

Because with any range class once your in melee range your a whack-a-mole. So Bioware please implement a snare ability for Commandos in the AS tree. Not so much for Gunnery cause when your PVEing (Raiding) with a gunnery commando your not tanking or taking hits from the main boss or any mob for that matter.

Edited by MasterRodimus

The assult spec the only thing to modifiy would be to add a snare ability so I can kite and get away from melee range.

Because with any range class once your in melee range your a whack-a-mole. So Bioware please implement a snare ability for Commandos in the AS tree. Not so much for Gunnery cause when your PVEing (Raiding) with a gunnery commando your not tanking or taking hits from the main boss or any mob for that matter.

Plasma cell's effect gives a snare. Kite a marauder all day with that and kill him with instants.

Plasma cell's effect gives a snare. Kite a marauder all day with that and kill him with instants.

No you can't.

Kiting works really badly in pvp, partly because of gap closers, partly because of the whole point of an objective being that you don't run away from it.

Roll a Vanguard if you are making a trooper. Retire your commando until they are fixed.

Commandos arent broken have you even tried to improve since the patch? i spent the last week doing what i can to get better now as CM. I am pulling pre 1.2 numbers (atleast 300k on a normal length match)