"You got my money Brian?"

DonMarko

So first off I just wanna say I love the orange armor system. Being able to use a skin I like over one I do not and just change the mods out is outstanding.

That said, why am I paying FEE's to change the mods out of one to put into another piece? Where do the fees we pay in game to no one even go, why do you enjoy wasting my credits on NPCs when i could be paying them to the other players in the game? Low leveled fees are not so bad, but anything over 5k is sort of like being smacked, for me anyway.

So if we could get the fees removed would it bother anyone? I think that is the real way it should be.

Why not make an ingame lotta out of fees, or some way for the players to get some of that cake?

Edited by DonMarko

So first off I just wanna say I love the orange armor system. Being able to use a skin I like over one I do not and just change the mods out is outstanding.

That said, why am I paying FEE's to change the mods out of one to put into another piece? Where do the fees we pay in game to no one even go, why do you enjoy wasting my credits on NPCs when i could be paying them to the other players in the game? Low leveled fees are not so bad, but anything over 5k is sort of like being smacked, for me anyway.

So if we could get the fees removed would it bother anyone? I think that is the real way it should be.

its called a credit sink.. you want it you pay for it

I understand money sinks for sure. They're necessary. I understand paying NPC's to fix my gear, paying a vendor for some supplies, or paying a trainer to teach me new abilities. But I'll agree with the OP that the modding cost doesn't really make "any sense". The money just vanishes. I'm not giving it to anyone for any service. It would seem to me the game could have been a little more creative than disappearing money.

They want you to have mooore~ :)

Think of it this way--you want to swap in different color saber crystals for fun and show? Oh, it's like 60k to make the swap, so you'd better be pretty rich to "show off." Orrrrr, you could have several fully up-to-spec lightsabers in your inventory, ready to swap at a whim. Switching weapons is free!

So, the price is actually pretty cheap, when you think about it.

You want 2 sets of gear with the same appearance but different properties. Normally, you would have to earn 2 pieces of the same gear, which might be pretty tough.

But as an alternative, you can just pay some credits to swap mods, and voila, it's like having a whole new piece of gear without grinding for it. It's the wanting both at once that they charge for (you can swap in a mod for free if you destroy the existing mod).