Sith lords of ancient time - were there the most powerfull ?

Sewerus

So I am wondering about ancient sith lords which tombs we can see on korriban and beyond.

I am thinking about Freedon Nadd, Marka Ragnos, Ajunta Pall, Ludo Kressh,Tulak Hord, Naga Sadow.

Were there powerfull compared to new republic sith/jedi and revan sage jedi/sith ?

Since kreia said that todays force users are like children playing with toys compared with knowledge and power of the old masters.

Was she correct, she said darth nichilus had power simillar to theirs ?

Were new republic sith/jedi powerful or weaking compared to them ?

I am just wondering ?

Your thoughts ? What do you think ?

Edited by Sewerus

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I am wondering about ancient sith lords which tombs we can see on korriban and beyond.

I am thinking about Freedon Nadd, Marka Ragnos, Ajunta Pall, Ludo Kressh,Tulak Hord, Naga Sadow.

Were there powerfull compared to new republic sith/jedi and revan sage jedi/sith ?

Since kreia said that todays force users are like children playing with toys compared with knowledge and power of the old masters.

I am just wondering ?

I think she was correct.

I think she was correct.

But compared to all jedi/sith that came after or only revan saga.

I was thinking if her word was correct also to the new jedi order in the new republic and the futher goverments that follow it.

I am just wondering ?

She was wrong. Perhaps not about the Revan era, with all the knowledge lost in the past 2 Wars and the near extermination of the jedi order, alot of old knowledge was lost, and knowledge is actually more important then martial strength for a sith and jedi.

The Golden Age of the Jedi was the Prequel era, with some of the strongest jedi to ever exist, a 1000 years of peace and prosperity allowed the jedi to perfect their knowledge and understanding of the force making the Jedis stronger then they ever had been before.

And seeing as all the sith lords you mentioned bowed down and acknowledged Sidious' power, its fair to say the same can be said for the Sith, in fact, the Banite sith was the strongest Sith order to ever have existed with Sidious being the culmination of a 1000 years of sith teachings and knowledge.

With Kreia, you gotta take every words she says with a oceans worth of salt though.

She was wrong. Perhaps not about the Revan era, with all the knowledge lost in the past 2 Wars and the near extermination of the jedi order, alot of old knowledge was lost, and knowledge is actually more important then martial strength for a sith and jedi.

The Golden Age of the Jedi was the Prequel era, with some of the strongest jedi to ever exist, a 1000 years of peace and prosperity allowed the jedi to perfect their knowledge and understanding of the force making the Jedis stronger then they ever had been before.

And seeing as all the sith lords you mentioned bowed down and acknowledged Sidious' power, its fair to say the same can be said for the Sith, in fact, the Banite sith was the strongest Sith order to ever have existed with Sidious being the culmination of a 1000 years of sith teachings and knowledge.

With Kreia, you gotta take every words she says with a oceans worth of salt though.

Actually, Yoda's order was weaker. The way they did things were wrong. And he knew it himself.

I am still wondering why palpatine should be the most powerfull sith ever, he didn't look to powerfull to me.

No offence but he nearly lost to mace windu, so he couldn't be so powerful after all.

Edited by Sewerus

Actually, Yoda's order was weaker. The way they did things were wrong. And he knew it himself.

Yodas Order wasnt weaker, it just didnt evolve. The Banite sith evolved, perfected their techniques and put all their efforts into getting all the advantages they could get over the Jedi. And being able to observe their hated enemy with impunity helped immensly in this.

Yodas Order was the strongest of the Jedi order up to that point, but the Banite sith was like the Dark Side incarnate. You should reread his revelation in the RotS novel, its states exactly the same, that the Sith evolved, the Jedi didnt. But that doesnt change the fact it was the Golden Age of the jedi.

@OP:

Edit: Losing to Windu is not a sign of weakness, Mace is was one of the greatest lightsaber duelist to ever have existed, he posessed the power shatterpoint, and Vaapad which gave him a considerable edge over any sith he fought.

Even then, if Sidious had not relented his lightning to trick Anakin over to the dark side, Mace would have been sliced by his own lightsaber blade, when Mace was hit with Sid's lightning after losing his hand he died before he flew out the window.

Sidious is the strongest Sith to have ever existed :p i recommend you read up on him,

- he could mind wipe billions of ppl in a single go,

- on his private retreat on Byss he mind controlled billions of people and sucked up their energy just to recharge

- He could summon Force Wormholes that could decimate entire star fleets and transport individuals to where ever he wanted to.

- His lightning was the strongest out of all ever shown in the EU, with him being able to reduce Sith Acolytes and Stormtroopers to ash, aswell as controll it so he only killed troopers opposed to him in a huge melee of troopers.

Sidious is the greatest Sith lord to have ever existed ;)

Edited by ElrohirEluchil

Yodas Order wasnt weaker, it just didnt evolve. The Banite sith evolved, perfected their techniques and put all their efforts into getting all the advantages they could get over the Jedi. And being able to observe their hated enemy with impunity helped immensly in this.

Yodas Order was the strongest of the Jedi order up to that point, but the Banite sith was like the Dark Side incarnate. You should reread his revelation in the RotS novel, its states exactly the same, that the Sith evolved, the Jedi didnt. But that doesnt change the fact it was the Golden Age of the jedi.

Sidious is the strongest Sith to have ever existed :p i recommend you read up on him,

- he could mind wipe billions of ppl in a single go,

- on his private retreat on Byss he mind controlled billions of people and sucked up their energy just to recharge

- He could summon Force Wormholes that could decimate entire star fleets and transport individuals to where ever he wanted to.

- His lightning was the strongest out of all ever shown in the EU, with him being able to reduce Sith Acolytes and Stormtroopers to ash, aswell as controll it so he only killed troopers opposed to him in a huge melee of troopers.

Sidious is the greatest Sith lord to have ever existed ;)

How about the new jedi order ? I mean the created by luke skywalker, ( mara,luke, jaina etc) were they strong compared with strength with revan or the old ancient sith lord ?

He wasn't that powerful if they manage to bit him after all :D I mean palpatine.

How about the new jedi order ? I mean the created by luke skywalker, ( mara,luke, jaina etc) were they strong compared with strength with revan or the old ancient sith lord ?

He wasn't that powerful if they manage to beat him after all :D I mean palpatine.

So, someone is weak because he lost to someone stronger then him? Logical error there mate. As it stands, Mace is widely regarded as the 2nd greatest lightsaber duelist after Luke Skywalker, and the incident with Vader... had anyone else done what Vader did they would have been fried by the lightning he channeled through himself, that and Palpatine being taken completely by suprise in his Arrogance and enjoyment of Lukes suffering.

Palpatine have only had trouble with 3 people, Mace Windu, Yoda and Luke Skywalker. Luke being the strongest Jedi to ever have existed and Yoda and Mace being the strongest Jedi of the Old Jedi order.

It's like saying a Jedi Master suck because he was beaten by a Sith Lord of equal skill and ability

Edit:

As for the New jedi order, It's not as strong as the old Jedi order in the prequels but its stronger then the Ancient sith and Revan, chiefly because Luke skywalker is leading them ;)

Edited by ElrohirEluchil

So, someone is weak because he lost to someone stronger then him? Logical error there mate. As it stands, Mace is widely regarded as the 2nd greatest lightsaber duelist after Luke Skywalker, and the incident with Vader... had anyone else done what Vader did they would have been fried by the lightning he channeled through himself, that and Palpatine being taken completely by suprise in his Arrogance and enjoyment of Lukes suffering.

Palpatine have only had trouble with 3 people, Mace Windu, Yoda and Luke Skywalker. Luke being the strongest Jedi to ever have existed and Yoda and Mace being the strongest Jedi of the Old Jedi order.

It's like saying a Jedi Master suck because he was beaten by a Sith Lord of equal skill and ability

Edit:

As for the New jedi order, It's not as strong as the old Jedi order in the prequels but its stronger then the Ancient sith and Revan, chiefly because Luke skywalker is leading them ;)

So compared to new republic/empire force users the sw tor jedi/sith are like children playing with toys ? :D

So compared to new republic/empire force users the sw tor jedi/sith are like children playing with toys ? :D

You could say that :D

Edit: 3 wars actually, the war with Exar-Kun, the Mandalorian Wars and the Jedi Civil war, with the first destroying much of Jedi history, iirc the library on Ossus was destroyed in the war with Exar-Kun

But alot of that has to do with the times they lived in though, 3 Wars and a near extermination of the Jedi Order does not (contrary to some belifes) benefit Jedis. The Jedi at their Core are pacifist, but not idiots, they will defend Civilization and Justice for the sake of peace.

But war is never a jedis true calling, and it only clouds their judgement and lets them slip closer to the dark side.

I am still wondering why palpatine should be the most powerfull sith ever, he didn't look to powerfull to me.

No offence but he nearly lost to mace windu, so he couldn't be so powerful after all.

Oooh you open a pandoras box.

acording to the movie? yes he does acording to the novilization of the movie, hell no, he was just pretending. And was bending mace windu lightsaber with his lightning.

Also on EU he became so much powerfull that he could do stupid and ridicolous things like opening whormwholes,a nd do what Darrth Nihilius did, comsuming planets and such he also could transfer his essence to other cloned bodies, so Palpatine didnt die in the movies, at leats acording to the EU. for me honestly is all crap.

Edited by Spartanik

Oooh you open a pandoras box.

acording to the movie? yes he does acording to the novilization of the movie, hell no, he was just pretending. And was bending mace windu lightsaber with his lightning.

Also on EU he became so much powerfull that he could do stupid and ridicolous things like opening whormwholes,a nd do what Darrth Nihilius did, comsuming planets and such he also could transfer his essence to other cloned bodies, so Palpatine didnt die in the movies, at leats acording to the EU.

I know for me is all crap. but hey what you gonna do.

Im pretty sure you will be hammered with the lore freaks soon enough.

You do realise half of the reason he was so blown out of proporsion was because he was the supposed to be the epitomy of the Sith, the greatest and strongest of them all. So they gave him insane power because of that very fact :p

No, it wasn't. The Prequel Jedi Order is the strongest that the Jedi had ever been in the history of the Galaxy, that is a G-Canon fact.

You do realise half of the reason he was so blown out of proporsion was because he was the supposed to be the epitomy of the Sith, the greatest and strongest of them all. So they gave him insane power because of that very fact :p

Yes im aware of that its sill crap imo, and folows a path that isnt exactly star wars modus operandis. at least traditionaly. Personaly from the EU i find The old republic era much more interesting.

No, it wasn't. The Prequel Jedi Order is the strongest that the Jedi had ever been in the history of the Galaxy, that is a G-Canon fact.

well define strongest? George only said that it was a golden age for the jedi order nothing more.

Edited by Spartanik

Yes im aware of that its sill crap imo, and folows a path that isnt exactly star wars modus operandis. at least traditionaly. Personaly from the EU i find The old republic era much more interesting.

well define strongest? George only said that it was a golden age for the jedi order nothing more.

gold·en age

Noun:

1. An idyllic, often imaginary past time of peace, prosperity, and happiness.

2. The period when a specified art, skill, or activity is at its peak.

gold·en age

Noun:

1. An idyllic, often imaginary past time of peace, prosperity, and happiness.

2. The period when a specified art, skill, or activity is at its peak.

^ This, plus heres a list of very powerful jedi during that time.

------

- Yoda, Mace, Cin, Anakin, Obi-Wan, Kit, Plo, Tin, Sensea(SP?), Shaak Ti, Aayla

---

Theres probably some I am missing, but those are the ones I could think of.

------

I sadens me that old that of old republic sith/jedi are weak compared to the new republic era jedi/sith.

I really wished it would be other way around. :confused:

Edited by Sewerus

I sadens me that old that of old republic sith/jedi are weak compared to the new republic era jedi/sith.

That wouldn't make any sense at all. The Force is the essence of life, all life exists to evolve and grow stronger, or else it dies out. Its only logical that the Force would evolve and grow stronger as time went one.

------

---

Theres probably some I am missing, but those are the ones I could think of.

Also good to note that many of the prequel jedis were the considered exceptionel masters of their chosen lightsaber forms

Kit Fisto - Shii-cho Form I

Dooku - Makashi Form II (iirc he used makashi even before he fell to the dark side)

Obi-Wan - Soresu Form III

Yoda - Ataru Form IV

Anakin - Shien/Djem So Form V (iirc Aayla Secura was also a master of this form?)

Mace Windu - Juyo/Vaapad Form VII

Cant remember Jedi truly mastering Niman though. :o

Edit:

That wouldn't make any sense at all. The Force is the essence of life, all life exists to evolve and grow stronger, or else it dies out. Its only logical that the Force would evolve and grow stronger as time went one.

^^This, it really doesnt make any sense for older to be better in this case.

Unless you think too much like fantasy where Ancient magic beats everything :p

Edited by ElrohirEluchil

Also good to note that many of the prequel jedis were the considered exceptionel masters of their chosen lightsaber forms

Kit Fisto - Shii-cho Form I

Dooku - Makashi Form II (iirc he used makashi even before he fell to the dark side)

Obi-Wan - Soresu Form III

Yoda - Ataru Form IV

Anakin - Shien/Djem So Form V (iirc Aayla Secura was also a master of this form?)

Mace Windu - Juyo/Vaapad Form VII

Cant remember Jedi truly mastering Niman though. :o

Cin Drallig, Sarrissa Jeng and Obi-Wan are all notable practitioners of Niman, but I don't think any of them were really dedicated masters in it.

And yes, Aayla was a notable practitioner of Shien/Djem So.

Cin Drallig, Sarrissa Jeng and Obi-Wan are all notable practitioners of Niman, but I don't think any of them were really dedicated masters in it.

Doh, should have remembered that Cin Drallig would know Niman, with him being the Jedi Battlemaster and all :o

Well Cin was a master of every form save for Juyo/Vaapad(Though he knew enough to give an accurate description), being a swordmaster who by definition trained constantly in combat I think he was a dedicated master to all forms. Or at the very least, he didn't let his skills slip up cause then he wouldn't be a swordmaster. :p

Also Elrohir Aalya was a master of Ataru.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I feel the same way for me at least the old republic era is much more magical, and confuses when the knowladge of old isnt considered stronger then the new, when these jedi and sith of the new era, are using the exact same techniques of the sith and jedi of old used. I think for me its simple realy, george says that the golden age of the jedi are in the movies, and the strongest sith are in the movies, because lets be honest he made them :rolleyes: that is the only reason. Now would a fan care about this? i personaly dont, i learned from long ago in star wars related to care only for what i like, most of EU i dont like. I prefer the comics, and the kotors in any case.

And it would make sense actualy given star wars nature. Knowladge lost and waiting to be uncover by new force users, it would feel much more magical for me. But alas it isnt so.

Evolution doenst equal strengh, but adaptation, that sense you speak is irrelevant, it could easly been written diferently and still make sense, star wars being a fantasy fiction setting nothing truly evolves.

Edited by Spartanik