The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

I got it. This all situation reminds me when I was a child. The country I was living in was komunistic that days. In order to buy a ham we had to wait in a queue for a few hours, that was back in 80's. EA/BW brings back this "nice" experience .... :).

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we get a Universal Translator feature for the forum please?

:eek:

Sry.. but im so angry right now

This is the greatest joke in MMo history. DC and you have to wait again. And i was in the middle of the hammerstation with my Gild. Now im outside in the quque with 2 hours waiting time.. and my gildm8 kicked me out of grp ... now they do the rest of the flashpoint without me... and i have to do it again.

Ofc they fcked up .. and that pretty high.. i was so stunned @ thanksgiving beta. They had nearly 0 quques and now they got what? 1 to 6 hours quque after dc ... there are no words for it ofc

I am currently playing in Legion of Lettow EU! A server that bioware locked our guild!

The only thing i can say is that it sucks if you want to play 4-5 hours in the afternoon and you have to w8 2 hours in line! I agree that servers must be healthy but i also think that the servers population at the moment are really really low! Imagine what will happen when the release comes and friends will wanna join friends in an already heavy populated server!

No ex Warhammer player is in the slightest bit surprised to see Jeff "couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery" Hickman's name at the end of that statement.
'

HEAR HEAR !!!!

Queues are not ok in any online game that you have to pay a monthly fee. Being able to play right away is one of the couses we pay.

Expand servers and allow free transfers, before this peice of **** exapands into a gargantuan pile of ****.

Mmmmh..... alright if the queues are 1-2 hours in an early access event.

but they are 4-5 hours on Bloodworthy and if you get disconnected randomly like me (because of my ISP) and quickly try to login within 20-30 seconds you will still need to requeue.

Bull...what was even the point in getting early access if we dont get to play it.

I dont suffer so much from it since I mainly play during nighttime but during daytime its impossible to even bother.

Well, 2058 ppl in queue before me, on "Tomb of Freedon Nadd", thats approx. 5 hours, intersesting, when I will play with my guildmates.

BioWare should think of a solution very soon, cause, players will decide not to continue with the game.

Well, 2058 ppl in queue before me, on "Tomb of Freedon Nadd", thats approx. 5 hours, intersesting, when I will play with my guildmates.

BioWare should think of a solution very soon, cause, players will decide not to continue with the game.

sorry bro to dissapoint you but i was in a que for Tomb of Freedon Nadd with also +2000 and its far more than 5 hours...

Ok rant time.

If u spend a ton of money and several years developing a game like this, why on earth do u leave the launch to people that doesnt understand the situation.

By the situation i mean the thousands of players sitting on the fence, considering to play this game instead of some other game. Queueing even before the proper launch is not gonna make those people chose this game.

Even more, reading these forums its clear that dcs are plentiful, not a surprise this early in a games history. But the fact u dont get a chance to reconnect (grace period) is really bad.

U can queue for 1 hour(some several hours) and dc after 5 mins. And back to the end of the line. Thats a gamebreaker right there.

Whoever is responsible for the server situation should really think about the fact that u cant just think of the current state of the subscription base. U have to take dynamic effects into account.

During beta I generally gave a very high recommandation towards the game "if asked by a friend". I wonder how many like my have changed that number downwards these last 2 days? I'd say MANY.

There should never be a SERVER FULL to an account with a character on their server! Stop trying to balance servers against current population and balance it against active accounts.

Once a server has reached its active accounts cap lock it from new player creation if you don't have an active char on that server.

These endless queues are certainly infuriating, but I for one intend to cool my jets for a few more days before I reevaluate my options.

It could be that they have put a lock on the servers to spread the population better, and if that is the case then things should improve once they remove it.

If the problem remains at launch, then they need to offer free character transfers.

If nothing is done, then I think I'll eBay my CE box instead of registering it.

I think I can live with 15-20 min queues, but not much longer.

Edited by Ethernox

If people quit then I wont have to queue anymore. Hurray!

OMNOMNOM

Dear Bioware,

you have to realize, that folks do not have fun right now. Game is great, but does it really matter when you cant play?

Right now only time without que is about 5am. Now at 18:28 i have more than 1500 ppl ahead in que and that is like 3 hours of waiting facing me.

So... i am very tolerating person, but this is way worse then anything i ever seen. In WoW there is waiting time with every expansion, but only about 30-40minutes.... i can take that... In League of Legends it was much worse in time... i was sometimes waiting about 1 hour to join the game... but hell it was nowhere near 3+ hours that i experience with SWTOR...

Please fix this, add new servers or something...otherwise you will loose MANY customers in first months, because noone can take this...

Shame is, that even joining low populated servers doesnt work, because in few days, its already full anyway.

I dont want to create new character everytime you add new server to play without ques, have mercy...

EU server @ Legions of Lettow

The point is:

1. Bioware suggested servers for guilds. Following that guideline grant no priority in accessing the server vs. ignoring the suggestion.

2. If you crash, you don't have a grace period (say 5 minutes) to:

- start the awfully-slow-to-start client

- insert the awfully-long-password

- provide the awful-one-of-five security question

- wait more for the awfully-slow-to-start game

witout being placed in queue again (my wife queued to access her server for 5+ hrs yesterday, and 5 secs after being in character the game closed without notice and she was again in a queue, after another 3+ hrs the same happened > after 8+ hrs of queuing she wasn't able to play).

Worst launch ever, that's incredible.

1) Character Transfers

2) "Solo" servers/shards

I would like to suggest 2 solutions that may help the problem with queues.

The drawback to Transfers is that, what if a ton of people from different high load shards all pick the same server? They will simply run into the same problem there. If Transfers are free, it will eventually even out, as people settle in where there is less load, but far more servers are needed for that.

I personally, would like to submit the idea for people who (versus the Sticky/First Post of this thread) DO NOT want to party/group/play with lots of people. I do not want to party with anyone, ever. I solo all quests and "heroic" missions (in any games) I simply go back in a few levels and solo those. I turn off General (which at times is the most annoying channel in every MMO game, it doesn't matter which one) and Bioware was intelligent enough to put in Automatically Decline the Guild/Group/Trade invite spammers. Wonderful stuff guys, thank you.

The last idea to the whole concept, i.m.o., is to have a server where it is suggested that people 'not in a guild/who will not party' are pointed there. The load will be less as most teens want to play with friends and people will be in and out a lot more as they are probably on a more varied schedule (versus the people that schedule to play together and have the time to do so). I think a large population would be alleviated of the queue problem if "Suggested Soloers" shards were available and that means at least one portion of customers is satisfied.

Edit: It is most unfortunate that I must add, that if there is no change in the issue, I will not be subscribing past the Pre-Order time period paid for, as I was going to.

Edited by TroyTheTech

This is unacceptable! I have created 3 charactyers all on different servers due to unacceptable queues. Now there are long queue times on all three!

Seriously, people playing now are all head start players, what do you think will happen when the bulk of players enters the game on december 20?

You have clearly underestimated the problem with managing a large player base. You have either a problem with your hardware configuration not being good enough, or you grossly underestimated the number of players.

Either way, the game will brake when the bulk of players comes on december 20 because no one will accept waiting for hours to play a game they payed for.