The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Regarding server queues

StephenReid

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Queuing to get into Tomb of Freedon Nadd - 3hours so far and 1048 ahead of me still.

I am only on that server as Bioware assigned my guild to it. If we could all be transferred elsewhere that would be great.

Shame the Spanish landed and spoiled it for everyone else.

Yup, that is the problem. The suggestion someone made that those with prelaunch guild memberships should get priority sounds like the best solution. Those that choose to queue there when they weren't assigned shouldn't be able to overpopulate a server the guilds were assigned to.

The games not out yet mate...

this is true but surely this is one of the most important times to give the best customer service possible, we are the people who have already commited to the game and already paid them. we are the people who will be the most likely to be still playing the game a year from now so i just don't feel that is a good reason to excuse what is happening.

(sorry i know you arnt exactly using it as a reason to excuse all this but you are the last person i saw using it so i quoted you =P)

Yup, that is the problem. The suggestion someone made that those with prelaunch guild memberships should get priority sounds like the best solution. Those that choose to queue there when they weren't assigned shouldn't be able to overpopulate a server the guilds were assigned to.

A number of us raged about it before release; we were ignored and told there wouldn't be a problem.

I HATE TO SAY I TO.... Oh no. Wait.

I'M UTTERLY IN LOVE WITH THE FACE THAT I TOLD YOU SO :cool:

Considering you bought the game, it shouldn't be like this. There's really no justification for +3 hour queues (perhaps from a Free2Play MMO), specially not if they persist through out launch and after.

Seriously? Have you ever played an MMO at headstart or launch? It's ALWAYS like this. Sure, I hoped by staggering the launch, there would be less queues, but that's just way it is and we have to either put up with it or stop playing and come back when there are no queues.

Thx Bioware

Gild hammerstation.... short dc 1sec... and now gildm8 are kicking me because im in your quque THX very much im 812 .. and have to wait 2 hour to get back into game ... im so pissed right now .... this is so anoying....

If this happens after 20th dec ... 30 days.. and byebye Swtor.. this is the greatest joke in MMo history.. ofc... THX

This is just sick. I simply dced from the game, and guess what? 2300 que!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT THE F__________________________? You say the objective is for folks to have fun? Do you read what the folks are saying? There is a very small fraction of people who are enjoying the game and even they know that their timer is ticking like a freaking timebomb till they are next to dc and line up for this INSANE que time!

Was this part of the so-called EARLY GAME ACCESS? If I would have known that paying cash to preorder the game would mean wasting my time away then guess what I would have done with my money?

Unacceptable Bioware. Was it EA that brainwashed you into this crap? Because your statement, and in general PR sucks. Perfect example is in your FAQ there is a question "Why is there no mac version?" to which the answer is "Currently there is no mac version." Wow really? No sh** sherlock....

Thx Bioware

Gild hammerstation.... short dc 1sec... and now gildm8 are kicking me because im in your quque THX very much im 812 .. and have to wait 2 hour to get back into game ... im so pissed right now .... this is so anoying....

If this happens after 20th dec ... 30 days.. and byebye Swtor.. this is the greatest joke in MMo history.. ofc... THX

Can we get a Universal Translator feature for the forum please?

:eek:

this is true but surely this is one of the most important times to give the best customer service possible, we are the people who have already commited to the game and already paid them. we are the people who will be the most likely to be still playing the game a year from now so i just don't feel that is a good reason to excuse what is happening.

(sorry i know you arnt exactly using it as a reason to excuse all this but you are the last person i saw using it so i quoted you =P)

True but they did post that the reason why they was doing this early access out, so they could sort out any server troubles before the game is actually launched. I'm not agreeing with the ques, I'm in one now... what a pain.

Well I wont pay anything until the problem will be fixed. When youre smart you do the same. I have aproximatly 3-4 hours/day to play cause im working and studying, so I cant play at all cause our guild was assigned to league of lettows. Im waitng for hour now and stil 1200 players before me so Ill let it load to know the whole loading time.

Well I wont pay anything until the problem will be fixed. When youre smart you do the same. I have aproximatly 3-4 hours/day to play cause im working and studying, so I cant play at all cause our guild was assigned to league of lettows. Im waitng for hour now and stil 1200 players before me so Ill let it load to know the whole loading time.

That would actually solve the problem, so you have my full support on this. :D

queues acceptable maybe after a launch of new content and possibly after servers are taken down.

an HOUR wait at 17:00 GMT on a sunday when i fancy a quick 30 min blast? this simply is not acceptable.

hope it changes as i love the game, love the classes but i'm afraid this will annoy me

queues are really bad no matter how long u waiting when u are Paying your hard earnt money for the privolege, a few mins u could understand but 30-60mins to sit on yer backside waiting to play yer game plain right sucks, if game was free then fine but with u being charged 19quid for 60days u want to play when u home from work ect not being waiting

What about those of us who suffering from lag and client performance issues when the servers are FULL? So want a nice STANDARD or HEAVY pop server so that we're actually able to enjoy the game? There is no choice involved for me either as I'm a roleplayer and both the English speaking roleplay servers are FULL often from before I get online on a given day until after I go to bed.

It's all very well saying to upgrade my computer but I simply can't afford to, upgrading is out of the question any time in the foreseeable future. The thing is when the population is Standard or Heavy the game runs near flawlessly with very little jerkiness or fps issues, it's only when the server is FULL and population is at it's highest the issues occur(oddly it doesn't even seem to matter how many people are in my zone, if the server is fully laden performance goes down the toilet regardless). Settings are already at their lowest values, the only remaining thing I could lower is resolution but even turning it down to 1024x768 has no affect on these performance issues(not to mention resolution that low gives me a headache).

Unfortunately it seems that Bioware's policy of wanting people to play on fully laden servers is going to render the game an unpleasant experience for me, one which may well prevent me from subscribing when launch comes around. A deep disappointment considering the story is excellently done and I was very keen to play this game with friends of mine.

Just adding my voice to the unacceptable crowd, I love this game to bits, but the queues are insane, and biowares response of please change servers actually struck me as really petty, my guild was assigned to the server and we got in relatively early in the waves, so now we have been playing for a while, and have worked quite a bit on our characters, expecting us to re-roll and abandon all our effort because there is a problem they didn't anticipate. I am pretty understanding, but instead of telling us, sorry we are working on it, they are essentially saying "tough luck". not cool. and something to think about for bioware, they want a smooth launch and I understand cause launch problems, dc's and crashes have killed mmo's before, but if they think people will handle sitting for hours in a queue any better they might be suprised. Im not gonna be melodramatic and say Im gonna quit because I really do love this game, but this saturday I literally spent more time in the queue thanks to dc's than I spent playing. and I am not exaggerating I timed it :p

David Cameron should come out in favour of lengthy queue times at hospitals in order to "make cancer and liver failure more social."

Wonder if they'll ban me for that one? :s

i believe he's currently in favour of more money to financial services and less money to the poor in order to promote equality and social cohesion.