Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

With the crystal vendor gone is there any way to still get a white crystal?

Sorwen

With my main being an Artificer and spending all my money on crafting/powers/inventory/cargo slots/Rack Ghoul serium(thank you for the greif BioWare)/etc I didn't have enough money to buy a white crystal before the vendor disappeared. I wanted a white +Power crystal for when I run in my Guardian's damage gear (Malestrom set). Am I SOL again or is there another way to still get one?

Barring where can I get a decent +Power crystal since Artificer can't seem make one(which is stupid in itself).

With my main being an Artificer and spending all my money on crafting/powers/inventory/cargo slots/Rack Ghoul serium(thank you for the greif BioWare)/etc I didn't have enough money to buy a white crystal before the vendor disappeared. I wanted a white +Power crystal for when I run in my Guardian's damage gear (Malestrom set). Am I SOL again or is there another way to still get one?

Barring where can I get a decent +Power crystal since Artificer can't seem make one(which is stupid in itself).

They announced 6-8 weeks before 1.2 that those crystals would be discontinued. Plenty of time to make the money. You should have saved it up and gotten the crystal instead of spending money on stuff you could get later.

Artificers can make them. They just do not get the schematics for free. In fact, I was with guildies doing the new heroic daily and a Magenta +41 Power crystal schematic dropped. We gave it to our artificer. You can also participate in the event going on and purchase one. Also if you pre-ordered, you could buy one that is black/yellow.

Edited by monkgryphon

They announced 6-8 weeks before 1.2 that those crystals would be discontinued. Plenty of time to make the money. You should have saved it up and gotten the crystal instead of spending money on stuff you could get later.

1) The vendor wasn't even up that long before the patch. If he was then they must have moved him, because I didn't find him till he was right next to the light side vendor.

2) They also said he was going away before the patch. Which they didn't.

3) When they left him in and moved him I then had no clue how long and with 4 spots in my inventory I needed the last cargo slot. I figured since today was the deadline for everything else he would still be here.

4) Even if I would have saved every cent (and thus actually made less money since I could only carry 4 items to sell) in that whole time I still only made 600k and couldn't make the 1mil required for the White.

5) Non of which answered my question. Though the first person did at least.

All of which means it is BS then.

Artificers can make them. They just do not get the schematics for free. In fact, I was with guildies doing the new heroic daily and a Magenta +41 Power crystal schematic dropped. We gave it to our artificer. You can also participate in the event going on and purchase one. Also if you pre-ordered, you could buy one that is black/yellow.
I've never even seen one. I guess I'll hope I can get a schematic to drop then. Thanks. Closest I've gotten to even seeing a power crystal was to get a blue +14 crystal off a lightsaber drop. Which is really weak for a 48 to use. I heard about the Black/Yellow upgrade, but was told it was on the vendor that is now gone. That isn't the case? Edited by Sorwen

yup. OP shoulda saved the 2k on that vaccine (though you couldn't buy that until the event which was after the crystal vendor was removed.:confused:..) collected some dna samples and gotten a crystal that way

If that is the case then I had no chance I had about 170k when the event started.

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes/1.1.5/362012

This one is from march 6 by the way. A short time after this Greg Zoeller elaborated on the fact that it will not only be temporary, but not be in the game again until further notice.

I grinded to get 1million credits the 2 days before 1.2 went live. Then I think I found out there are bind on pickup so I created a brand new toon and grinded again the day before 1.2 went live so I can email my new toon the credits.

No the black/yellow crystal is not on the collections vendor.

who's the collections vendor? do you mean the collector's edition vendor? That's not the pre-order vendor. The pre-order vendor *only* sells black/yellow crystals.

Not sure what the amount of cash you had has to do with the event. You can get a black/green for the costs of travel to Tatooine and some time if you do the rakghoul event...actually, you'd make money, since the missions, like all missions pay in cash and xp.

Edited by Inspecter

who's the collections vendor? do you mean the collector's edition vendor? That's not the pre-order vendor. The pre-order vendor *only* sells black/yellow crystals.

Not sure what the amount of cash you had has to do with the event. You can get a black/green for the costs of travel to Tatooine and some time if you do the rakghoul event...actually, you'd make money, since the missions, like all missions pay in cash and xp.

Sorry yes meant the collectors. The only 3 vendors I know are the two at the top(neither of which sold it) and the Security Key Vendor. So where is the pre-order vendor?

I call b.s. on this post. The Rakghoul event/serum weren't available before 1.2 patch, so the OP couldn't have 'spent all his money' on serums. OP is simply trolling.

Ok lets review some of the facts,

1- The crystal Vendor was put in at date 3/6/0212 or for us Aussies 6/3/2012 at patch 1.1.5

2-The Rakghoul event didn't happen til after 1.2 ( some time after 4/12/2012).

3- The high end black yellow stone people are talking about is from the pre-order vendor not collectors.

Edit -

To Answer OP question on the White Crystals - i quote the song from John Denver

Edited by Jonnara

The daily vendor and pvp vendor have schematics for +41 XXX crystals ...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.