The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Fresh level 50 - what to do?

YamianGodlike

Well if you want to continue to play on that specific character; Do crew skills and make money on GTN, PvP, buy expensive things to show off I guess, upgrade your gear into your perfect outfit, roleplay your character and help out newbies, Do an Op.

All the features of the game are available to you, find something to do. It is only as fun as you allow it to be.

Or you could, I don't know..create a new character with a different story.

Edited by DeutschGamer

Hey. There are plenty things you can do at 50, maybe you are just not aware of them. I will try to point them out:

- Do daily quests on Belsavis, Corelia and Ilum - It will let you get your gear upgraded with purple mods, armorings

and enchancments. Also, by daily commendations you can buy some nice rakata implant/earpiece/new relic/speeder.

- When your gear is upgraded enough (through dailies and maybe some items from crafting / GTN) try to do some hard mode flashpoints.

- Join a nice guild and try doing operations.

-If you dont like flashpoints/operations - try doing pvp. Spend some credits on recruit gear and have fun fighting with other players.

- Maximize your crew skils, make money by selling stuff. Buy nice speeder / nice looking set of gear / unlock few things in your legacy system.

- Maximize your affection with companions - not only it makes them completing missions faster and gives you certain bonuses via legacy system, but also you can know their stories.

- Enjoy event on tatooine (sad it ends at 24th though).

- Try collecting datacrones on different planets. It might be boring for some, but there are people who enjjoy it. You can explore planets, and collecting them all gives you satisfaction.

- Go back to lower level planets and do quests you skipped before - it will entertain you only if you like exploring game / world though;)

Or, as said above, roll a new char.

Edited by Robbipl

Thanks for your help, my exact problem was I was not aware of the options.

I'm currently collecting the datacrons and It's kinda fun (and sometimes frustrating because I missed that damn pipe for 30th time... and I got dc'd from that baloon on Tatooine). And it improves my toon as well :).

I also maximized my light side points while doing some skipped quests.

Speeking of speeders, is there a way to get

a) a car-like speeder (something i can sit in)

b) lizard-like (sorry, I don't know the exact name) mount, similar to Obi-Wan's in Revenge of the Sith - I'd love to have that one.

Hello YamianGodlike!

A couple of guides made by fellow community members from the New Players Fleet Pass: A Directory of Resources should help you out with figuring out gear and quests for level 50:

Over in the Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions, there is also a terrific sticky by Iwipe, [Guide] 1.2 Dailies and PvE Gearing. Iwipe has fantastic guides throughout the forums, be on the look out!

Hope this helps :i_smile:

Also, a big :ph_thank_you: to everyone taking the time to make great responses to YamianGodlike!