The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Gear question

AngelaBeth

I hit fifty a about a week ago, but I'm finally getting around to concentrating on my Vanguard again. Now, gearing him up, where do I start? I was running around Fleet checking all the vendors. I'm just trying to build myself a good starter tanking set. I came across one of the PvP vendors that sold stuff for credits. I don't remember what it's called but it had pieces in there for pvp tanks.

I was curious, would buying that stuff up be good for starters? I have no tank gear since I lvl'd Assualt spec so it would be quicker. I'll be playing my friends, a Sent, Sage and a Gunslinger.

Thanks

well first off respec to a shield/ tactics hybrid you want tactics for the stockstrike ion pulse boost.. nothing more.. and basically put your points in shield spec

you also want to get a good shield generator before thinking about taking and then you want to focus on the armor that has these threee stats

Endurance,Shield, and defense are the primary stats for vanguards

errr. no.

for pvp you primary stats are damage stats. don't care for defense, enither for shield or absorb. total useless stats (well mostly).

using a shield in offhand can be slightly usefull with some specific talents. though for most builds and playstyles a generator is better (in my opinion in ANY but one single case).

if you want to go full assault than the eliminator set is quite usefull due to the 4 piece set bonus. otherwise the technician set is the way to go nearly in any case. only if you mainly are pve oriented, playing as a tank with far more points in chieldspec than are usefull for pvp you may chose the supercommando set.

a good alternative is also the supercommando set but replacing its mods and enhancement with the one from the techniccian. but this is quite expensive.

use damage mods and enhancements. every single point of defensive attributes on your gear are gimping you in pvp!

Sorry, I should've specified, I'm talking about getting into PvE tanking. The pvp gear I'm refering to has Def, Shield rating and absorbtion on it.

Then just go full defence and look at rakata or columi armor sets m8.