Elara Dorne Breaking Crowd Control

Victros

Has anyone had trouble with Elara breaking crowd control? I get in a fight with multiple enemies, CC one, and almost immediately, it's free and attacking her. I don't even see her doing anything to break it.

Thanks!

I have this issue all the time. I Think its beacuse she does a windup ability as soon as you start attacking, and so she starts it immediatly just before your CC is applied, leading to the CC being broken. It is incredibly annoying how she does that, she also randomly switches targets as well.

Not had this problem for a while. Make sure she is in heal stance :p

For Single target:

Grav Round ; she carbonises; Grav Round - now I have 4 stacks up & they havent done a thing. They go down pretty quick after that, even melee.

For AoE Groups:

Get her to carbonise the one out of AoE range (esp as they have reduced the radius); Sticky Grenade the melee to keep it close to the others; MV then HoB *2 . When the smoke clears might have to Hammer Shot a coup-de-grais 1 or 2.

When I was leveling I found micro-managing Elara worked best. :)

I have noticed this a lot more on my 'mando recently.

However I dont think its just us, when playing my Gunslinger I find that Risha is breaking all my attempts to cc anything. Even put her AoE effects of and she still does it.

Rule number one if you're crowd controlling: Manual control. Put your companion on passive and then manually key them to attack the target you want... or manually tell them to attack another target while you are winding up your crowd control.

I learned that the hard way and ti's a very safe approach.

Having a fondness for CC in games, I use Concussive Charge a lot. And I can honestly say that I do not once recall Elara breaking CC. Companions break off attacks as soon as their target mob is mezzed. Since, as far as I can recall, she doesn't have an AoE attack (and if she does, it can be toggled off), the only way she should be able to break CC would be if she had already applied a Wounding Blast to the target and the DoT (Damage over Time) effect ticked after the mez hit. If you mezzed a target she already had a DoT on, that is your fault, not hers.

On the other hand, Concussive Charge has a cast time and a travel to target time. So it is possible that she could cast her DoT on the target between the time you start casting and the time the mez actually hits and takes effect. It is even possible that she could fire her direct damage attack (Charged Shot) right after your shot fired and before it hit and the mez took effect. In both cases, the timing could be such that her damage hits after the mez is applied, but she fired before the mez took effect. This would have to be the result of just plain bad timing and not much you could do about, but it is theoretically possible.

It is less likely to happen if combat has not yet been initiated because the cast time will not initiate combat. However, Concussive Round doesn't work like Force Lift, for instance. Force Lift will not initiate combat during the cast either, but its effect is instant, so there is no delay between the completion of the cast and the actual lift. Concussive Round however, will initiate combat as soon as the round fires, but the travel time means that there is a short delay between the time combat initiates and the time the mob is actually mezzed. It is actually possible to get hit by an instant cast effect cast by the target between the time you fire and the time the mob is mezzed. When that happens, Elara could, again, fire an instant cast shot between the time you fire Concussive Round and the time it actually hits. This window could widen if a mob wanders into aggro range while you are casting.

In any case, while the possibility exists, these occurances should be rare. As I said, I don't recall her ever breaking a mez. If, on the other hand, she is actually firing on a target after it has been mezzed and you did not order her to do so, that would be a bug.

Edited by Sotaudi