The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

To those complaints about master strike read

Dirematron

So its ok for the class to be able to have the best defensive CDs in the game, the best mobility, the best pressure, the best dps- and also have an ability that roots and takes out over half someone's health?

So, how does that balance to other DPS classes that can maybe break 4k once a minute?

It doesn't- and that's where the problem is- some dps classes have pretty much nothing, while some- as in, the marauder- has literally everything that a dps class could want.

-super high damage, survivability, stealth escape, gap closer, most CC that ignores resolve, aoe mez, choice of either extra roots or going a spec with high self heals, incredible burst, not being a sitting duck after bursting resource, not having to kill yourself after using up resource, and most importantly in pvp- the ability to do almost as much damage while moving as while staying still (and the one ability that makes you stay still also roots your enemy in the spec where it does over half the enemy's health).

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So its ok for the class to be able to have the best defensive CDs in the game, the best mobility, the best pressure, the best dps- and also have an ability that roots and takes out over half someone's health?

Look, another infamous 31/31/31 spec'd Sent/Mara killing noobs! LOL

Ravage/Master Strike is perfectly fine. Its easily avoided if you play smart. Stuns, KBs, vanishes, melee/damage defense abilities can all be used to counter it.

I play as a Juggernaut and the Ravage buff was a welcome surprise. Its actually made us quite formiddable but unlike Maras/Sents we can't spec to snare the person so we gotta be a bit more smart about it when we decide to use this ability.

Does it hit hard? Depends on your class and how many armour debuffs you have on you. Full stack of armour debuffs and you're stupid enough to stay in range, don't knock back, stun or sprint away, you deserve to take the full brunt of the damage.

Are you going to whinge about tracer missile damage when you sit there instead of LoSing him? Don't answer that it was rhetorical.

Now if you're stunned and a Mara/Jugg takes advantage of this, tough luck. Same thing applies for us when we get it. Its a 30 second ability, its not like we can use it every time we have a gap in our rage.

-----

TL : DR. Read it. I didn't spend 5 minutes trying to knock some common sense into your lazy skulls for no reason.

Edited by Sinrei
Edit

""So its ok for the class to be able to have the best defensive CDs in the game, the best mobility, the best pressure, the best dps- and also have an ability that roots and takes out over half someone's health?""

Look, another infamous 31/31/31 spec'd Sent/Mara killing noobs! LOL

So... if I go the root spec... I lose mobility, high damage, high pressure on healers including short interrupts and a leap that interrupts... I lose my aoe mez and my stuns... I lose my gap closer which is on the lowest CD, tied only with juggs, and I don't have a stealth escape and a damage reduction that can be up for half a minute and the ability to deflect all incoming attacks including sniper roots btw for a short while or the ability to buff my teams move speed or damage.

No, no I don't- because other than the root on ravage as a marauder I have all that before I spec. I have the best defensive CDs, gap closers, shortest CD no spec roots and interrupts (with indeed the ability to make them better in a spec), more roots (in a spec), etc.... but at the end of the day- a marauder has more tools before he specs than most classes have after they spec- the spec just makes them even better, while also adding in the high damage portion.

Unless you'd like to prove with your extensive knowledge that I know you have that there is zero marauder specs that have what I said.

Oh, you can't? Well then, in that case... it seems you're saying that even the specs marauders can actually, realistically do in this game feel like 31/31/31 specs... quite a strong argument for a nerf you've presented, oh wise one.

""So its ok for the class to be able to have the best defensive CDs in the game, the best mobility, the best pressure, the best dps- and also have an ability that roots and takes out over half someone's health?""

So... if I go the root spec... I lose mobility, high damage, high pressure on healers including short interrupts and a leap that interrupts... I lose my aoe mez and my stuns... I lose my gap closer which is on the lowest CD, tied only with juggs, and I don't have a stealth escape and a damage reduction that can be up for half a minute and the ability to deflect all incoming attacks including sniper roots btw for a short while or the ability to buff my teams move speed or damage.

No, no I don't- because other than the root on ravage as a marauder I have all that before I spec. I have the best defensive CDs, gap closers, shortest CD no spec roots and interrupts (with indeed the ability to make them better in a spec), more roots (in a spec), etc.... but at the end of the day- a marauder has more tools before he specs than most classes have after they spec- the spec just makes them even better, while also adding in the high damage portion.

Unless you'd like to prove with your extensive knowledge that I know you have that there is zero marauder specs that have what I said.

Oh, you can't? Well then, in that case... it seems you're saying that even the specs marauders can actually, realistically do in this game feel like 31/31/31 specs... quite a strong argument for a nerf you've presented, oh wise one.

If a Sent/Mara can root you with MS/Ravage, they cannot heal and Sents/Maras do not have any "stuns" ...I don't know why whiners and complainers always try to make up stuff to justify their tears...

So, how does that balance to other DPS classes that can maybe break 4k once a minute?

It doesn't- and that's where the problem is- some dps classes have pretty much nothing, while some- as in, the marauder- has literally everything that a dps class could want.

-super high damage, survivability, stealth escape, gap closer, most CC that ignores resolve, aoe mez, choice of either extra roots or going a spec with high self heals, incredible burst, not being a sitting duck after bursting resource, not having to kill yourself after using up resource, and most importantly in pvp- the ability to do almost as much damage while moving as while staying still (and the one ability that makes you stay still also roots your enemy in the spec where it does over half the enemy's health).

this is the bad player who doesnt know the specs of the so called op class

If a Sent/Mara can root you with MS/Ravage, they cannot heal and Sents/Maras do not have any "stuns" ...I don't know why whiners and complainers always try to make up stuff to justify their tears...

I never said they can root ravage you and heal themselves in the same spec- in fact, the distinction was made between Anni and Carnage, please read.

Also, force choke is a stun- have you never had the ability used on you? Or read it, I mean, it says right in the ability tooltip. Oh, but right, since it is channelled I'm sure your next response is that force choke has no use.

Mmm, now that's funny. Someone who either thinks we marauders have no stuns... or doesn't use it, calling me a bad. You know, if you used more than 10 keybinds you might find out some of the abilities we have, and perhaps stop getting beaten by sorcs.

Also, force choke is a stun- have you never had the ability used on you? Or read it, I mean, it says right in the ability tooltip. Oh, but right, since it is channelled I'm sure your next response is that force choke has no use.

The stun you are whining about is Force Choke? Dang dude, that's sad. Hint: That guy who just Force Choked you and then Ravaged while you was "stunned" wasn't a Mara....

Sentinels ARE A HIGH BURST DPS WARRIOR!!!!! NOT A TANK!!! NOT A HEALER!!!! NOT A AOE DAMAGE DEALER!!!! they did right by the masterstirke ability prior to the uninterupt change it wasnt even a feasable skill to use unless in combat spec or focus watchmen rarely used. Reason its a 30 sec cooldown takes 3 secs to deploy plenty of time to interupt not to mention the sentinel is rooted in place for the duration cannot move or take any action or its disrupted and lost for another 30 secs.

To many people dont know the class and dont realize this. Also to many people dont think hello uninterupt doesnt mean the sent cant be cc'd or stunned problem is this is Stun wars with a ton of not very good pvpers that do nothing but rely on stuns for everything so when its time to actually need it they dont have it cause they used it on some frivolous thing like stunning some guy 30 meters away drinking a beer hurting nobody so they would have 4 seconds to get a extra hit.

LOL learn to play your toons and you will see that you dont need stuns to win lol watchmen sents dont have stuns there the hardest class to play and the good ones use around 10 abilities in a fight with no stuns heck all classes have that ability but most are handicapped with no common sense that if they explore there class they will learn that combinations of abilites can be devastating. Stop complaining that you got hit hard by not stepping away 5 feet to interupt the sents master strike and learn your toons.

haha.. hah.. its funny because.. hahaha.. because he said a sentinal isn't tanky.

tell me again how you killed 3 sorcs by yourself....

I think i will just leave this here from an ACTUAL sentinel.

Do 5k damage Force Sweeps

Root players with MS

Heal better than healers

Break snares without Resolute/Resolve

Survive over 40 hits after using 5 second "god mode"

Force Leap through walls, floors, etc

Crit for 10k

One shot healers

and...stun!

It sure is nice being spec'd 31/31/31 ...I guess you magically get stuns and can crit for 10k once you accomplish the 31/31/31 spec!

BioWare, I guess this 31/31/31 spec does need nerfed.

he was joking btw..

Edited by TheEvilEeyore

The stun you are whining about is Force Choke? Dang dude, that's sad. Hint: That guy who just Force Choked you and then Ravaged while you was "stunned" wasn't a Mara....

That's very clever. First you say your class has no stuns, then when I point out that your class does have a stun you say it is whining.

I have no problem with force choke- but you said marauder have no stuns, so I corrected you because you were wrong.

Also, try carnage, as a marauder I can indeed root you for the duration of a ravage, one where you have zero armour mitigation too- now shall I wait for you to say there's no such thing as a full armour pen ravage, before I point out Gore, and then you can say I'm whining about that.

That is how it works, isn't it? You pretend you don't know about a SW ability, I bring up it exists, then you try to gravitate on that ability as if I were saying it were OP, so you can avoid that it's no single ability that makes a marauder OP but the combination of all the abilities available in the spec they choose put together. Which in turn of course makes them a harder class to call for a nerf since most of you pvp simpletons can only rally behind or against a single ability being OP- which is what made it so easy, for example, to call for nerfs to merc tracer missile.

Do continue, I can't wait for what you attempt to bring up next.

So by the logic of the OP there is never anyone else helping him kill someone.. its ALWAYS a 1v1 fight.. there is never and op throwing up 2 stuns in a row while he uses his god button to take you from 100% to 40% hp.. that would never happen. everyone else is way to gentlemanly to interfere in a sentinels fight.

That's very clever. First you say your class has no stuns, then when I point out that your class does have a stun you say it is whining.

I have no problem with force choke- but you said marauder have no stuns, so I corrected you because you were wrong.

Also, try carnage, as a marauder I can indeed root you for the duration of a ravage, one where you have zero armour mitigation too- now shall I wait for you to say there's no such thing as a full armour pen ravage, before I point out Gore, and then you can say I'm whining about that.

That is how it works, isn't it? You pretend you don't know about a SW ability, I bring up it exists, then you try to gravitate on that ability as if I were saying it were OP, so you can avoid that it's no single ability that makes a marauder OP but the combination of all the abilities available in the spec they choose put together. Which in turn of course makes them a harder class to call for a nerf since most of you pvp simpletons can only rally behind or against a single ability being OP- which is what made it so easy, for example, to call for nerfs to merc tracer missile.

Do continue, I can't wait for what you attempt to bring up next.

oh man. post of the day?