The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Pyrotech Gear

ISULunchbox

Hey Old Republic Community! I was just wondering what gear people are going for as a Pyrotech. For my columni gear I picked up the Columni Combat Tech set. I have been doing fairly well with it in raids and such and putting up decent numbers for DPS, but I was just wondering what other pyrotechs were using? Should I switch to the Eliminators gear when getting Rakata or should I stick with the Combat tech. Any info / insight will help!

Peace

JadeFett Solostaran

I am in two minds about this purely down to the stat distribution on war hero gear. The combat tech war hero gear seems to have far less accuracy and more crit/surge. I currently use eliminator BM, bar chest which is CT as pre 1.2 I'd planned to go tank for rated(hahahahaha).

The only problem with this is the need to virtually buy a second set, also there's the combat medic 2 piece (3 sec longer shield) which itself could outweigh the 15% crit bonus( if you survive 2 more gcd's then you could do far more dmg than a 15% chance to crit)

Am likely to eventually go 2x CT and 2x CM for bonuses. Damage is not really a problem in BM gear, survivability these days is much more of a prio than a crit boost to one ability.

I have 4 pieces of eliminator and the combat tech chest. I thought that I might end up getting more pieces of combat tech to try but never did and because I only needed 4 pieces for the eliminator bonus It didn't matter. I just kept the elim set bonus.That said the elim bonus is pretty nice. with the !5% crit and my legacy IA buff I almost have a 50/50 chance to crit on rail shot. Since I am handing rail shots out like candy i see 3k + numbers a lot.

I have 4 pieces of eliminator and the combat tech chest. I thought that I might end up getting more pieces of combat tech to try but never did and because I only needed 4 pieces for the eliminator bonus It didn't matter. I just kept the elim set bonus.That said the elim bonus is pretty nice. with the !5% crit and my legacy IA buff I almost have a 50/50 chance to crit on rail shot. Since I am handing rail shots out like candy i see 3k + numbers a lot.

What.. are you people talking about? For one thing, the eliminator set is 15% crit bonus.. to TRACER MISSILE and POWER SHOT. Neither of which we have. The 4 piece set bonus is useless as a powertech, you should be using rail shot when it procs, meaning it's free.

The powertech DPS set is 'Combat Tech'. Don't bother with Eliminator, that's for Mercs.

What.. are you people talking about? For one thing, the eliminator set is 15% crit bonus.. to TRACER MISSILE and POWER SHOT. Neither of which we have. The 4 piece set bonus is useless as a powertech, you should be using rail shot when it procs, meaning it's free.

The powertech DPS set is 'Combat Tech'. Don't bother with Eliminator, that's for Mercs.

He's trolling... ignore him

A Pyrotech Powertech will use Combat Tech for PvE for the 8% damage on Rail Shot and less CD on the Crit Chance ability (Forgot the name). For PvP you want the Eliminator set for the 15% extra crit chance on Rail Shot. You use these sets because the whole point of the build is to maximize the damage your Rail Shots do.

Eliminator set gives 15% crit to Rail Shot. But we ALL knew that, except you perhaps.

Eliminator set gives 15% crit to Rail Shot. But we ALL knew that, except you perhaps.

The PVP set gives a 15% crit bonus to rail shot.

The OP is talking about PvE gear. See the word Rakata? Columi?

Yeah, why don't you guys actually learn to read before talking about reading comprehension.

The PVP set gives a 15% crit bonus to rail shot.

The OP is talking about PvE gear. See the word Rakata? Columi?

Yeah, why don't you guys actually learn to read before talking about reading comprehension.

I dont know, maybe because there are plenty of Players who use PvP gear for the set bonus and remod it however they like for PvE?! I know it is a crazy concept!

I dont know, maybe because there are plenty of Players who use PvP gear for the set bonus and remod it however they like for PvE?! I know it is a crazy concept!

Then perhaps the OP would've asked about the PVP set bonus. But.. he didn't. I answered the question as it was posed.