Do You want cross server LFG tool?

Msicr

Do You want cross server LFG tool? Yes or No and a comment why you think as you do.

Yes.

Faster Group finding, Low pop Servers are solved untill Server merge.

I see many are worried about the trolling and such, Well i am too but, on many servers there is like 40 players on the fleet and maybe 5-10 on all the planets, If they dont fix the server pop, Cross server is needed.

Would also be great to be able to turn on Cross server and use it on early mornings example.

Edited by Msicr

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No.

The usual approach to that is flashpoint/warzone only, which still leaves the world deserted. I'm against any kind of cross server solution.

Instead of that I want radical server merges alongside improved programming and server hardware so that each of the remaining servers supports both pve and pvp instancing on its own. Unfortunately server merges are seen as bad PR so Bioware wont do it.

No for me because there's more to finding groups than just instanced content that can be done in a cross-server group. Experience has shown that with XLFG that people use that and other forms of grouping become rare to the point of not happening and I still like doing heroics sometimes.

No.

Nope.

Never.

No way.

The only thing that a cross server LFG tool has ever done is wreck a game. Without one, you get to know people you figure out who's good, who's bad, who's a ninja looter, etc. With a cross server LFG tool it wreaks havoc with that knowledge.

For PvP, I wouldn't think it would be a bad thing.

For PvE ... just say NO.

I would like to have a LFG tool. I haven't been able to do some of the instances since either people aren't in my zone or just don't see the general chat. It would be nice to be able to set it and do dailies, etc.

That said, I get what people mean in regards to having to group with unskilled/ungeared or rude players, etc.

Other than kicking and re-entering into a queue, I don't know what another alternative would be.

I'm just personally not a fan of sitting around in a hub in general chat. If I can be farming mats, quests for gold, and being in a guild not an absolute necessity, I'd rather do that.

The only bitter people I can see benefiting from the lack of a LFG tool are those that think you MUST be in a guild to progress and by that token, they're already in a guild.

Until there is my healer and tank will not do flash points, I'm to busy questing to stand around at the fleet lfg'ing in chat all day.

A solution to that is to create flashpoint start points on level appropriate planets at the spaceport. But this would also require a universal general chat so players at fleet can communicate with players on a planet. You can quest and LFG for FPs and not have to spend ten minutes getting back to fleet.

To the primary topic at hand, I say no cross-server LFG tool. The reason is simple - been there done that (in WoW); was nice initially, but the lack of community consequences resulted in many bad experiences. I will say though that cross-server LFG would allow players to run FPs at off peak hours more readily.

I would wholeheartedly endorse an in-server LFG tool.

I think I could settle for an in-server LFG tool. Maybe add a "do not group" list so the system will not pair up people that can't stand each other, with the first one in queue getting priority. The only downside I see for that though is people blacklisting others due to low gear, but months later still on that list (assuming their gear has improved).

Do You want cross server LFG tool? Yes or No and a comment why you think as you do.

Yes.

Faster Group finding, Low pop Servers are solved until Server merge.

This is only needed if you ignore the steps Bioware is working on implementing to fix the server population issues (transfers).

Edited by terminova

Cross server, no way, for the usual reasons. I think it's pretty much common knowledge by now that it can completely destroy communities. Some people don't really care much for that, but I do.

Within the same server, sure. This game actually needs such a thing.

Edited by CrimsonV

X-server, no... Same server, sure! we do need some kind of tool to ease grouping, but not x-server.

Also people seem to think that x-server will fix everything from tank shortage to world hunger, and it does not. It just makes a bigger pool of players. So if we have a tank shortage across the board, we will still have it with x-server.

I'm to busy questing to stand around at the fleet lfg'ing in chat all day.

This /\

The folks here saying NO are probably in healthy sized guilds that constantly run stuff. If you choose to not be in a guild or you have a small guild, you are forced to stand around spamming chat. I don't understand why people say no to this when you don't have to use it if you don't want to.

How can more options be a bad thing???