So Bioware balanced our damage based on a broken skill?

Rainsfords

When grav round got nerfed,Bioware claimed they were just rebalancing our damage, having demo make up the damage lost from grav. While this didn't seem to be the case, the nerf wasn't too bad. Now, demo has taken a flat 25% nerf. Is demo round doing less damage than 2 days ago? Was grav vortex giving a 50% boost before? It's unlikely, because someone would have noticed a +50% buff from vortexes. Either way, if we were balanced around per-1.2 damage numbers, we are certainly doing less overall now than we were.

BW Is really going to need to buff something to get us back to pre-1.2 overall damage.

When grav round got nerfed,Bioware claimed they were just rebalancing our damage, having demo make up the damage lost from grav. While this didn't seem to be the case, the nerf wasn't too bad. Now, demo has taken a flat 25% nerf. Is demo round doing less damage than 2 days ago? Was grav vortex giving a 50% boost before? It's unlikely, because someone would have noticed a +50% buff from vortexes. Either way, if we were balanced around per-1.2 damage numbers, we are certainly doing less overall now than we were.

BW Is really going to need to buff something to get us back to pre-1.2 overall damage.

Absolutely, they balanced us around a broken skill, then fixed the broken skill and broke us. hahahahaa.

I have a commando on Jedi Covenant so these changes concern me, however it looks eerily like what happened to arsenal merc/damage decrease.

Ummmm.. maybe because merc is the mirror of commando?

Edited by Asavar

Is demo round doing less damage than 2 days ago?

Yes.

Was grav vortex giving a 50% boost before?

It appears that way.

It's unlikely, because someone would have noticed a +50% buff from vortexes.

I had a feeling demo round was doing a lot more damage after 1.2 (and before yesterday)...but never got around to looking closely at it until the patch. It isn't like there is a huge message that pops up and say "You got a 25% damage increase on Demo Round!!!" The damage for that ability is very behind-the-scenes and doesn't surprise me at all that it wasn't noticed by a lot of people.

Either way, if we were balanced around per-1.2 damage numbers, we are certainly doing less overall now than we were.

About 5% less overall (My rotation consistently had demo round about 20% of overall damage in PVE). Very hard to say what the heck Bioware uses as "metrics" for balancing. But if a commando was doing 1600dps before the most recent patch, they are doing about 1520 now.

About 5% less overall (My rotation consistently had demo round about 20% of overall damage in PVE). Very hard to say what the heck Bioware uses as "metrics" for balancing. But if a commando was doing 1600dps before the most recent patch, they are doing about 1520 now.

We must be playing entirely different games, or you're just full of yourself.

Saw this in the DevTracker from Georg Zoeller:

(b) In response to your feedback, we've re-tested all classes to ensure they are falling within our desired DPS targets and found one issue with Demo Round / Heatseeker Missile which was getting increased DPS, not just from other people's stacks but also from an unwanted interaction with other skills. That issue was corrected in the 1.2.0c patch this week.

1600 DPS. I laughed.

Absolutely, they balanced us around a broken skill, then fixed the broken skill and broke us. hahahahaa.

It certainly seems this way. Balancing out the damage reduction to GR+CB by increasing Demo damage is fine. Removing a huge portion of Demo's damage off by fixing a bug after that balancing act is pretty horrible.

Demo round is completely broke now best I can tell...

I had 3.2k Demo round crits against targets w/ 5 vortexes, in fact, I never broke 3.4k for a demo round crit all day, and this is against targets of equal expertise... My first grav round can crit that hard. Something is not correct at all.