Black Hole/Campaign Armor not good for Anni

MAFIAxMaverick

Hello! Hope everyone's doing well today. I just wanted to make a statement about the current condition of the Black Hole and Campaign armors. Again, just like most Rakata pieces, this armor is specced more towards the Carnage tree, with high amounts of Crit/Surge and actually will give me less Power unless I play around with mods/enhancements. While this isn't a huge deal, it's still kind of aggravating, especially because BW said that this next tier of armor would better fit the class as a whole and not just one spec. The only exception I found was the Black Hole Earpiece which did raise my power +73 from the Rakata Earpiece.

I'm hoping that in the future there are more armor option tailored to different stats and play-styles. Personally, I like power over Crit/Surge, because I need power more with Anni to boost my damage. My DPS is still 1023 for main hand and 199-299 for offhand, but it's still just a little aggravating to have to spent a ton of creds pulling lower level power enhancements/mods out of lower tiered armor and then have to remove the Black Hole/Campaign enhancements/mods in order to insert the lower level ones.

TL;DR - Make more options for armor with power instead of Crit/Surge.

Anyone else thoughts on this? Have a good one!

Maverick

You take your high power for hitting, I'll take my 43%+ chance for bleed crits/self heals and we'll see who pulls more aggro during boss pull. If you think crit/surge is for Carnage, you don't understand the tree at all. In order to maximize ANY set of gear, you will have to modify it. Find some mods/enhancements, save up more black hole comms after you get your gear, and rip them/exchange them. If you think that you should have the perfect stats/setup without grinding, you're definitely playing the wrong type of game.

You take your high power for hitting, I'll take my 43%+ chance for bleed crits/self heals and we'll see who pulls more aggro during boss pull. If you think crit/surge is for Carnage, you don't understand the tree at all. In order to maximize ANY set of gear, you will have to modify it. Find some mods/enhancements, save up more black hole comms after you get your gear, and rip them/exchange them. If you think that you should have the perfect stats/setup without grinding, you're definitely playing the wrong type of game.

Obviously I have modified the heck out of my Rakata. But during a boss pull I never have problem with pulling aggro from the tank. And I'm not saying you shouldn't have to grind to have the perfect stats for your playstyle. I'm saying that I think the original armor should come with maybe equal mods for both power and Crit/Surge, that way depending on your playstyle everyone still has to do a good amount of extra work to get the stats they want. Not just people who like Power over Crit/Surge.

Edited by MAFIAxMaverick

TL;DR: OP wants gear itemized for him so that he doesn't have to put in any extra effort.

And now you're just putting words in my mouth. I've run every raid multiple times. I have modified my armor by getting enhancements as well as the Black Hole and Campaign armors that I already have. I was just hoping for more in the way of power enhancements already worked into this next tier of armor a little more than they had with the Rakata armor. Like maybe have half of the armor with power enhancements and the other half with Crit/Surge that was it balances out how many mods/enhancements extra people need to find based on their playstyle and preferences.