If Miraluka are born without eyes

Darthcrawdaddy

They also get "blinded" by flash grenades, shouldn't be able to see maps, Is allowed to drive a ship, no NPC in the game comments on your character's lack of eyeballs ever. Is it really that hard to program an NPC reaction to a certain race?

The Empire does it alot depending if you are human or an Alien.

I have Dark Jedi Knight and Dark Jedi Consular Miraluka brothers :D:p I think it is very cool to be a blind dark siders, cause you havent no eyes as proof of your corruption... :wea_03:

But useful flashbang against blind species is very lame. They should give some more advantages to other species, cause even Cyborgs should be tougher in fight than common Humans. :confused:

I have Dark Jedi Knight and Dark Jedi Consular Miraluka brothers :D:p I think it is very cool to be a blind dark siders, cause you havent no eyes as proof of your corruption... :wea_03:

But useful flashbang against blind species is very lame. They should give some more advantages to other species, cause even Cyborgs should be tougher in fight than common Humans. :confused:

Flashbang grenades are more then just the "Flash" there is also the "Bang". By which I mean the shockwave from the explosion that would cause even the blind to become disoriented and confused until the effect wears off.

From the title, I expected a different question. Why does a race born with no eyes wear blindfolds? What are they covering? Do they do it for style? How do they know what's stylish?

I always imagined it to be because it would be disconcerting for other people looking at their eyeless faces. Same reason some people who lose their eyes or go blind choose to wear dark glasses or eye patches maybe?

Game mechanics.

They're not born without eyes.

The eyes are there, they simply can not use them, because the nerves have atrophied.

I'm sorry, that's incorrect:

The Miraluka were a humanoid[2] species that differed from Humans in that they lacked eyes, only retaining vestigial eye sockets,[3] and perceived the environment around them through Force sight instead of regular vision.

Oh woah...

So does this mean that if someone wanted to, they could attempt to install eyes on a Miraluka?

Perhaps cybernetic, or genetically grown eyes.

I wonder how a Miraluka would react, if they had that done to them. o_O

Well, appendix is a vestigial structure as well, yet as real as it can be :)

True, but in this case it clearly says vestigial eye sockets, not eyes. That means they still have the holes for the eyes, but not the eyes themselves.

Oh woah...

So does this mean that if someone wanted to, they could attempt to install eyes on a Miraluka?

Perhaps cybernetic, or genetically grown eyes.

I wonder how a Miraluka would react, if they had that done to them. o_O

That's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure Miraluka would actually be able to comprehend the signals. It's not like a blind human who is outfitted with cybernetics, because they still have the connections in the brain to understand the information being fed in. Miraluka, OTOH, their whole brains have been re-wired to use the Force for sight.

Edited by Silvrus

• 4 years later...

My Miraluka Guardian's non-existent eyes also glow when her Riposte procs.

What I want to know is why Q'anilia is drawn with thin skin over her eye sockets(check the scene where she doesn't have her mask in Krynda's bedroom), whereas Visas just had thick skin over her eye sockets, which were damaged? Then Jerec just seems to have skin over his eye sockets.

Miraluka wear the blindfolds as a social item. They have no eyeballs, just a thin membrane of skin covering the sockets. Other species, at least in lore, find it disconcerting.

You are blind. How do you know you are glowing?

Edited by PlagaNerezza