Legacy Gear Suggestion

JamieKirby

Hiya,

I have noticed alot of frak coming from players about the legacy gear being useless and overpriced for useless items, though it is true, my suggestion is to change all the gear to have a single set of light, medium and heavy gear, with weapons, focus, generators, shields and so on and make them level with you, that way, the millions of credits that they cost would be worth it.

What would make it even more worth is if the stats changed to what class you was using it with, like you could have a bounty hunter and decide after getting it to level 50, to roll a trooper, you could mail the items to him and it would revert back to a level 1 and level up with your character again and the quality of the legacy in question could be considered a blue quality of its level.

That way, when you reach level 50, you will be doing dailies to get the commendations to gradually replace the gear with endgame purples, this is a viable solution considering right now, only idiots will be buying these moddable gear that costs an over the top cost of 750k - 1.5mil credits for a one time use type of deal and thats just wrong.

Any opinions on this suggestion?

Also, don't bother asking about the crafting skills, since 9/10 crafters think its useless and don't bother crafting anything that doesn't net them 25k profit per item.

Also, don't bother asking about the crafting skills, since 9/10 crafters think its useless and don't bother crafting anything that doesn't net them 25k profit per item.

I have a suggestion: Get a clue

I have 4 characters and personnally crafted my own armor, mods, guns, barrels and implants.

1 of those characters is level 50

The other three arent even past act 1.

Tell me again how crafting is useless ?

As for your 'idea'

How to make Legacy gear useful:

Step one - Remove all the vendors, items etc.

Step two - Make every item on the store one orange set with augment slot

Step three - Apply a fixed complete set bonus such as XP boost

Step four - Make one vendor that sells the sets available at level 10

Step five - Make another vendor that sells mods, barrels, crystals, enhancements and hilts to be slotted into that set

Step six - Make these special mods that level with the character but only stay levelled to blue quality mods, can only be put in the set oranges

Result - Perfect leveling set that offers enhanced XP gain at the expense of lesser stats compared to purple quality items with players able to choose what mods they slot in to get the basic stats they need.

One armor set that looks basic and can be worn by all the classes. (CE style trooper armor for example)

Three seperate sets for Light / Medium / Heavy.

That will get you items that are of use and reasonably balanced for the current costs.

I have a suggestion: Get a clue

I have 4 characters and personnally crafted my own armor, mods, guns, barrels and implants.

1 of those characters is level 50

The other three arent even past act 1.

Tell me again how crafting is useless ?

As for your 'idea'

How to make Legacy gear useful:

Step five - Make another vendor that sells mods, barrels, crystals, enhancements and hilts to be slotted into that set

Step six - Make these special mods that level with the character but only stay levelled to blue quality mods, can only be put in the set oranges

Result - Perfect leveling set that offers enhanced XP gain at the expense of lesser stats compared to purple quality items with players able to choose what mods they slot in to get the basic stats they need.

One armor set that looks basic and can be worn by all the classes. (CE style trooper armor for example)

That will get you items that are of use and reasonably balanced for the current costs.

Well, i personally didn't say it was useless exactly, but i have seen loads of posts saying 'all crafting besides biochem is useless' and since the GTN is virtually empty, besides the level 45-50 range, tends to support those posts.

but your idea is better, it allows those that don't craft to be all geared up, while allowing those that do craft to have the purples to sell....pretty good idea there, wish i thought of it.

I tried crafting and it just really isn't for me, i just wish others would craft for the community, but if this idea was done, everything would be sorted.

Correction: the result is Star Wars: The Clone Republic. Everyone would be wearing these super-sets and nothing else.

Correction: the result is Star Wars: The Clone Republic. Everyone would be wearing these super-sets and nothing else.

and your point is??

There is a lack of gear due to the crafters not crafting, so this idea is the perfect solution.

and your point is??

There is a lack of gear due to the crafters not crafting, so this idea is the perfect solution.

My point is that the goal is to move away from the Clone Republic concept. This is something the developers continue to make progress toward achieving. The proposed super set would represent a complete negation of that progress.

My point is that the goal is to move away from the Clone Republic concept. This is something the developers continue to make progress toward achieving. The proposed super set would represent a complete negation of that progress.

Well, considering the fact that a level 50 juggernaut dps when they have completed all endgame content (flashpoints, operations) will technically have the exact same gear.

Well, considering the fact that a level 50 juggernaut dps when they have completed all endgame content (flashpoints, operations) will technically have the exact same gear.
And you think it's OK for the Legacy armor sets to be as powerful as top-tier operations gear? What would be the point of end-game PvE content then? Everyone could just get a set of Legacy armor and never have to worry about equipment again.

And you think it's OK for the Legacy armor sets to be as powerful as top-tier operations gear? What would be the point of end-game PvE content then? Everyone could just get a set of Legacy armor and never have to worry about equipment again.

No,

I think it should be equal to blue quality gear of your characters' level, so when you get to level 50, you would have good enough gear to do the dailies and flashpoints to get the endgame tier gear, that is what i am trying to say, but for some reason, you are looking for ways to complain about any idea you don't agree with...

No,

I think it should be equal to blue quality gear of your characters' level, so when you get to level 50, you would have good enough gear to do the dailies and flashpoints to get the endgame tier gear, that is what i am trying to say, but for some reason, you are looking for ways to complain about any idea you don't agree with...

To be fair, you did state that, in reference to the Legacy armor proposal, "... a level 50 juggernaut dps when they have completed all endgame content (flashpoints, operations) will technically have the exact same gear."

(emphasis mine)

So yes, you did claim the Legacy armor should scale up to operations-level tier equipment; you stated it should be equivalent to that possessed by a character that has completed all endgame content. This in turn would be why I stated my objection. I don't need to look for ideas as to why I don't agree with a suggestion; when I disagree with something, it is because I already have reason(s) to do so.

Edited by HeavensAgent

To be fair, you did state that, in reference to the Legacy armor proposal, "... a level 50 juggernaut dps when they have completed all endgame content (flashpoints, operations) will technically have the exact same gear."

(emphasis mine)

So yes, you did claim the Legacy armor should scale up to operations-level tier equipment; you stated it should be equivalent to that possessed by a character that has completed all endgame content. This in turn would be why I stated my objection. I don't need to look for ideas as to why I don't agree with a suggestion; when I disagree with something, it is because I already have reason(s) to do so.

I didn't mean it like that.

It was said that everyone would be wearing the same gear and i was just pointing out that all sith juggernauts that are dps specc'ed that have done all endgame content will pretty much be wearing the exact same gear anyway, so the idea was for the leveling process, where the mods that you get via the legacy vendor were to be blue quality of the characters' level, so the only things better then that stuff would be purple quality mods that are crafted and aquired via endgame content.

I am honestly not good at explaining things.

Alright, I understand what you were saying now, but I still really dislike the idea. It essentially invalidates all equipment in the game until a player starts running operations. It generally eliminates the need for the Item Modification System. The incentive to run Flashpoints would be gone. The reason to complete missions progressively would be gone. The value of mob drops, and as such a major source of player income, would plummet.

These issues would simply be compounded for new players that do not yet have access to the Legacy items. The items they would need to buy on the GTN would be scarce, as no one would be listing them. They would not be able to find instance groups, because the rewards would not matter for long-time account holders.

Essentially, your idea eliminates advancement that pretty much drives the game forward. SWTOR would stagnate, and die.

The current setup is good. The Legacy armors don't appeal to everyone, but then again they shouldn't. They're available for those that do like them. Their role should remain essentially cosmetic; mechanically the Legacy sets shouldn't be any better than other orange-quality shells found in the game. They should promote the game economy, not castrate it. Yes, this includes crafting. Just because some crafters decide not to create general-use items doesn't mean crafting in general should be disregarded.

Alright, I understand what you were saying now, but I still really dislike the idea. It essentially invalidates all equipment in the game until a player starts running operations. It generally eliminates the need for the Item Modification System. The incentive to run Flashpoints would be gone. The reason to complete missions progressively would be gone. The value of mob drops, and as such a major source of player income, would plummet.

These issues would simply be compounded for new players that do not yet have access to the Legacy items. The items they would need to buy on the GTN would be scarce, as no one would be listing them. They would not be able to find instance groups, because the rewards would not matter for long-time account holders.

Essentially, your idea eliminates advancement that pretty much drives the game forward. SWTOR would stagnate, and die.

The current setup is good. The Legacy armors don't appeal to everyone, but then again they shouldn't. They're available for those that do like them. Their role should remain essentially cosmetic; mechanically the Legacy sets shouldn't be any better than other orange-quality shells found in the game. They should promote the game economy, not castrate it. Yes, this includes crafting. Just because some crafters decide not to create general-use items doesn't mean crafting in general should be disregarded.

Well, considering that nothing is ever on the GTN anyway until level 45-50, it wouldn't make much difference, though i do see your point about new players though, the issue is that gear is extremely scarce while leveling up, the gear you gain via quests are terrible and the the gear from commendation vendors costs too many commendations to be worth getting.

Well, considering that right now, the legacy vendors are just a waste of credits, my idea would actually make them useful, its like they designed the game around the idea that players would be supporting each other in a community, but what the game became is quite the opposite.

Also, the current legacy system is pointless and a total waste of credits, if a set of moddable gear were useable to all classes, then sure it would be worth it in the long run, but right now, spending between 750k right up to 1.5mil credits for a full moddable gear set for a single use is just not worth it, maybe 100k total for the whole set not 750k, its a waste of credits.

Edited by JamieKirby

Also, the current legacy system is pointless and a total waste of credits, if a set of moddable gear were useable to all classes, then sure it would be worth it in the long run, but right now, spending between 750k right up to 1.5mil credits for a full moddable gear set for a single use is just not worth it, maybe 100k total for the whole set not 750k, its a waste of credits.
The price may be steep, but for those who want the style it is something that can be done. And not everyone should want the style. Though, in all honesty I wish we had the option to buy schematics for orange shells, rather than the orange shells themselves. They could still be BtL, but this way they could be crit-crafted, and produce an augment slot.