To Dev: why so useless stats on war hero eliminator gear?

Maisen

So, please explain to me why the eliminator set is so packed with useless accuracy whereas the tech one has power and surge that are A LOT better? I can't even mix them because i will lose the set bonus. Why such hate for merc? Why so poor design and so bad choices? Please, fix it, no one whant accuracy in PVP, why a merc has to buy 2 pvp sets to have good stats (or the same of many other classes)?

Well, it seems it's only a problem of mine, every other merc are fine with accuracy, ok, no more ranting. So, can you explain me why do you think accuracy is better than power? Do you know you HAVE to grind for 2 sets to have the same good stats of, for example, a PT? Aren't you tired of being so nerfed in every aspect of this class other than DPS?

I'm pretty sure the sets have similar stats (some pieces are surge on both sets, while some are acc). But BW pretty much puts way too much emphasis on Accuracy. I'm not sure what the devs are thinking and why they keep talking about how important it is, but on the live servers (which the devs apparently don't play on), surge is way more valuable than accuracy.

I'm pretty sure the sets have similar stats (some pieces are surge on both sets, while some are acc). But BW pretty much puts way too much emphasis on Accuracy. I'm not sure what the devs are thinking and why they keep talking about how important it is, but on the live servers (which the devs apparently don't play on), surge is way more valuable than accuracy.

I read a while ago one of the devs responding to why some classes have accuracy stacked on their gear. The reason he gave is they want the class to be a tank killer, and more accuracy negates defensive abilities of tanks.

As we all know, in practice, this is rather poor. The extra few percentage points of accuracy makes little difference in getting through the defensive cooldowns from some classes. Heck, I have ran with really high accuracy and I still see deflects of railshot from sorcs (which only have 5% defense chance and no cooldown that would increase their deflection chance). I mention railshot since offhand attacks are still below 100% accuracy, but railshot is a special ranged attack and I have it at 115%. So the reduction in a classes defense rating certainly does not work well if someone with a 5% defense chance can still deflect something with 115% accuracy. On top of that, stacking for only tanks (which are a low percentage in PVP) is kind of stupid.

The main question is how many more attacks hit with the offhand, and is that offhand damage (which is minimal in comparison to the mainhand) worth the loss in damage you get across the board on crits with surge.

IMO, get all the war hero gear. Then replace a few enhancements with power/surge enhancements from other classes until you get over 70% surge. From there it's debatable if more surge is worth it. Certainly once you reach 75% surge there is no point in any more since it takes a ton to even move it up a little bit.

Anyway, once you hit 70% surge you should be good and then let the rest be accuracy. The accuracy percentage that leaves you at I forget, but it should be above 100% for ranged (110% for special ranged and tech) assuming you have a couple points in advanced targeting.

BTW...for pyro mercs, accuracy is slightly more important since they use offhand attacks more often.

Edited by McGarnagle

Well, it seems it's only a problem of mine, every other merc are fine with accuracy, ok, no more ranting. So, can you explain me why do you think accuracy is better than power? Do you know you HAVE to grind for 2 sets to have the same good stats of, for example, a PT? Aren't you tired of being so nerfed in every aspect of this class other than DPS?

You cannot replace accuracy with power on the enhancements, so you cannot swap them. You can swap out accuracy with surge or alacrity. Healers already get alacrity instead of accuracy, and I am not a fan of alacrity (some arsenal mercs think it's good, but I don't). So you are left with surge. See above for that.

You cannot replace accuracy with power on the enhancements, so you cannot swap them. You can swap out accuracy with surge or alacrity. Healers already get alacrity instead of accuracy, and I am not a fan of alacrity (some arsenal mercs think it's good, but I don't). So you are left with surge. See above for that.

Yes, you are right, but even surge is much better than accuracy so in the end, to me, merc is nerfed even in this case. As you said, you have to grind for 2 SET (probably some other class set has power+surge mods) to fix useless accuracy and to me it's really really annoying.

Don't know if devs really play merc in pvp or instead theorycrafting it and left to other "official beta tester" the work to check them, but I really like to meet the one who test the mercs and give positive feedback about it, probably he is a marauder player :D

As a pyro I think War Hero gear has stats are better distributed than battlemaster to reduce accuracy and raise crit and surge by a mile. Bear in mind you can trade in your eliminator mainhand for a combat tech blaster which is all surge anyway.

As a pyro I think War Hero gear has stats are better distributed than battlemaster to reduce accuracy and raise crit and surge by a mile. Bear in mind you can trade in your eliminator mainhand for a combat tech blaster which is all surge anyway.

I am pyro too and I prefer more power and surge against crit because, you know, power doesn't have any cap. War Hero set could be better than BM one, but the idea to have such an useless stat like accuracy makes me mad and feel all the hate dev have against merc in every single aspect of this game (from abilities to items it seems).

I am pyro too and I prefer more power and surge against crit because, you know, power doesn't have any cap. War Hero set could be better than BM one, but the idea to have such an useless stat like accuracy makes me mad and feel all the hate dev have against merc in every single aspect of this game (from abilities to items it seems).

You clearly haven't checked out the sets out for the other classes. They are exactly the same. There is no BM piece with surge on it. It's not "merc hate", they are all balanced.

Edited by Diddley

You clearly haven't checked out the sets out for the other classes. They are exactly the same. There is no BM piece with surge on it. It's not "merc hate", they are all balanced.

The PT one (Combat Tech) seems better than the eliminator one, just sum che bonus of other class sets and look at how much accuracy they have compared to eliminator one, even 1 less is better than ours due to useless value of accuracy compared to power or surge or critical for PVP.

If BW will look into accuracy than it could be a good fix, by now it's an useless stat