Best place/level to start PvPing

Ironbottom

Just looking for some suggestions. I've done PvP in DAoC, WoW, Warhammer. However I've not been playing SWTOR very long, and I have no familiarity (yet) with the environments & mechanics of PvP here. Certainly I'll read the forum guides and all that jazz. However my question is:

Where, and at what level, is best to start practicing PvP (without pissing people off too much)?

Thanks

There is no real open world pvp in this game. The option is there, but wont really be possible til tattoine(lvl 25ish) and offers nothing other than the ability to corpse hump. The only real pvp option is to do Warzones, or instanced pvp. You can do this at level 10, though some people will hate on ya, who cares. If your server is full of people giving you a lot of flak, I suggest rerolling to lvl 10 again, and don't select an AC before you start pvp'ing.

Just looking for some suggestions. I've done PvP in DAoC, WoW, Warhammer. However I've not been playing SWTOR very long, and I have no familiarity (yet) with the environments & mechanics of PvP here. Certainly I'll read the forum guides and all that jazz. However my question is:

Where, and at what level, is best to start practicing PvP (without pissing people off too much)?

Thanks

if you dont want to handicap your team id suggest 20-25. That will give you a TON of pvping between that and 50.

If you started at 25 and did only pvp you would probably cap your valor rank pretty quickly as well. You can definitely start at level 10 tho if you want to be cannon fodder.

I would say that the best time to start is after you get three skills: your interrupt, a stun/root/knockback/other CC, and a defensive cooldown of some sort (depending on your class of course). The interrupt is the most important because then you can be an annoyance or danger to enemy healers, and I think most classes get one before level 20.

I always start at lvl 10. Some classes (i.e. vanguard) get some pretty nice skill fairly early. The lvl 20 pvp set is a sweet complete armor set that will get you through lvl 25-26 as long as you keep boosting your weapon/offhand.

Just don't show up without having picked a class, spent your points, and without a **** hat on. There are even some early options for earpiece/implants, though not for 10 unless I am mistaken. That's super cheesey, and if you continue playing that char...super cheesey is a hard rep to live down if you pvp for 40 levels and into endgame, and you'll be playing with many of the same folks for 40 levels or better :)

Thanks

L10 roll a Marauder and lol your way to L50 and BM in 2weeks.

I used to start at level 18 and only PvP 18 - 20 for the full set of level 20 PvP gear. I think the recent raised prices have reduced the viability of that gear because at level 18 you are truly cannon fodder in PvP.

On my latest character I think I'll start as soon as I get PPA on my PT Pyro, level 25 or so.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.