Why do fresh 50's have the same gear as me

schippo

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In my days, we had to go 3km uphill to well for water, then 5km uphill back home just to get some tea. Why should kids these days have running water in their homes, eh? Throw them out into jungle and let predators take care of them, I say! They didn't earn their easy living! Now! Edited by Elear

Conan! What is best in life?

Conan: To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women. Oh, and to pwn noobs in worse gear than me in PVP trollolololololol. :tran_grin:

Yeah, no. Conan didn't need a gear discrepancy to succeed in PVP, and neither should you. PVP should be about What is Best in Life, not about gear. If you're a real PVPer you'd be cool with everyone going in ancient greek gladiator style with just a stick and a loincloth (loincloth optional).

You want to feel special? You can unlock new looks for your PVP gear that (if BioWare's track record is any indication) will get more bizarre and asexual as you progress. The stats can be normalized based on intended AC performance and when an AC overperforms in an area they can nerf the PVP gear rather than the AC so that their PVE performance remains unharmed. You can get noncombat pets, mounts, custom lightsaber colors for your PVP only set, etc.

Best of all, if there's a problem with PVE performance, they can just tweak it and then tweak the PVP gear to get them back to fighting form. Easy Peasy.

Those of you that think your time investment should matter in PVP: Chances are if you like PVP that much you should (Theoretically) have the skill necessary to still succeed in a normalized environment. Those of you that don't only thought you were PVPers, and actually weren't from the very beginning. You can step up your game and learn to play. Wouldn't it be great if you rolled fools in PVP and you knew for a fact that it was because YOU are better rather than YOUR EQUIPMENT? I'm getting hot and bothered just thinking about it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.