Benchmark Phenom x6

BuckyCameron

Got my new PC today (passed my custom built one down to my brother.) and I have benchmarked the AMD Phenom X6 1065T from Tython, to Alderaan. Average FPS 65-70. This is a great rig for only $559.99 CDN.

Settings:

Everything High

AA Off

Resolution 1366x768

Bloom On

Conversation Depth of Field On

Grass 50

Trees 100

Rig:

CPU: AMD Phenom x6 1065T 2.9GHz

6GB DDR3 RAM

AMD Radeon 4250

1.5TB HDD

This is an amazing, cheap, and easily upgradable rig, for an avid gamer who wants to expierience the galaxy at its best.

I too use the x6 in my rig it is a great processor and works really well with SWTOR. I think I have the same integrated GPU in mine but it didn't play the game too well so I bought a discrete GPU but I suppose the resolution also has a strong bearing on it. I also think the integrated chip is easily overclock-able or at least that is what it said on my motherboard's box.

The 6310 will probably be able to play the game easily at a resolution of 1080p. I'm amazed at how you managed to build this rig so cheaply for me it is just above £340, which is incredible for a gaming PC.

On the other point of multicore processors, it seems to work fine for me CPU usage is at about 30-35% when I'm playing, which I presume is roughly 2 cores I suppose. But I did overclock my CPU from 2.8GHz to 3.8, so that may have quite a big impact on performance.

Edited by Chub

on multicore processors, how many cores swtor uses ? 2 or 4. afaik if u use x6 and the game uses only 2 core, the cpu will boost the speed of the active 2 core?

If you have 6 core, or 3 core, or 4 core, or whatever core, you need to set the affinity, or how many CPU cores it can use. It uses 6 on my PC, so I get smoother FPS

The 6310 will probably be able to play the game easily at a resolution of 1080p. I'm amazed at how you managed to build this rig so cheaply for me it is just above £340, which is incredible for a gaming PC.

On the other point of multicore processors, it seems to work fine for me CPU usage is at about 30-35% when I'm playing, which I presume is roughly 2 cores I suppose. But I did overclock my CPU from 2.8GHz to 3.8, so that may have quite a big impact on performance.

This is pre built, not custom. I didn't feel like spending the time of ordering each part this time.

From what I've seen on my i7 3930k @ 4.3Ghz (6 cores, 12 threads), the game seems to use very minimal cpu. It seems to get to 10-15% total cpu usage max, with the odd single thread going up to 50% or so usage. Even on my previous gaming rig, with a Intel Q9550 Core Quad @ 3.8Ghz, the CPU wasn't really getting much of a work out and the game ran quite well. Edited by Krashh

on multicore processors, how many cores swtor uses ? 2 or 4. afaik if u use x6 and the game uses only 2 core, the cpu will boost the speed of the active 2 core?

TOR runs on as many cores as you have. OS Scheduler switches a thread from core to core so even single threaded engines like this game has, will still utilize all cores depending on what the kernel thread management decides. I run on a cheap athlon 2 250 and its never bottlenecked by tor.