Marauder Rotations/Peaking My Damage ?

bmanthekid

Hey Guys, so I originally play an Operative, however, I have just recently level a Marauder to 50, 49 about to be 50 I should say.

Anyways, I have a hybrid tree mix of Carnage and Rage, I was wondering if there is a more viable spec for PVP or one that does more damage in WZ's

Anyways my rotation looks something like this, any helpful comments and tips would be appreciated.

1. Force Leap/Walk In, depending on the sitatuion.

2. Rupture

3. Battering Assault (get my energy back)

4. Force Choke

5. Ravage (100 % chance to immobilize, doesn't matter if they break choke.)

6. Force Scream

The rest of the fight really depends on what they decide to do, if they run away I just hit em with saber throw till they die. If they stay then I hit battering assualt again and just hit them with vicious slash till they die.

Anyways, that's my rotation if you have any specs that do better damage or have any refinements to my roation, let me know. :)

Please and thank you

This is what I have been using spec-wise: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/marauder#9f28e8clc-22i-8

I personally find that I do a ton more damage with Annihilation than Carnage, however; its definately not one of the easier specs to play in PVP as you need to maintain high dot uptime, never let massacre fall off, and use your defensive CDs with musician like percision.

That said, my opening rotation looks like this:

1. Leap in

2. deadly saber in air + crit trinket

3. battering assault

4. rupture

4. rage builder

5. massacre

6. ravage

7. rage builder

8. battering assualt

9. any rage user until berserk pops (its often already up at this point)

10. berserk

11. enrage + deadly saber

12. bloodthirst + power trinket

13. rupture

14. massacre

15. ravage

return to 7 and continue subject to CDs

If you don't like using ravage, you can put the 2 points from ravager into malice and just use your basic rage builder and user during rotation downtime.

Edited by Grimnoire

This is what I have been using spec-wise: http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/skills/marauder#9f28e8clc-22i-8

I personally find that I do a ton more damage with Annihilation than Carnage, however; its definately not one of the easier specs to play in PVP as you need to maintain high dot uptime, never let massacre fall off, and use your defensive CDs with musician like percision.

1. Leap in

3. battering assault

4. rupture

4. rage builder

5. massacre

6. ravage

7. rage builder

8. battering assualt

10. berserk

13. rupture

14. massacre

15. ravage

If you don't like using ravage, you can put the 2 points from ravager into malice and just use your basic rage builder and user during rotation downtime.

I shall try this spec

Mines pretty similar to what grimnoire posted. I never use force scream unless I find myself at a distance from the mob ( too expensive per point of rage relative to others). I save force choke as a stunner or if I have time (not on boss) for use as alternate rage builder or feel like watching something squirm. Since those are useful early I've noticed that many don't abandon them as other options come available. Take a look at rage cost and damage outputs and it becomes clear what you want to use most. Everything else is either rage builder or damage enhancer (like deadly saber & berserk) or it's a situational utility skill.

Ravage is free and I use it alot. While its going I assess what my next steps will be. Keep ruptures and deadly saber dots up at all times. Bleed damage is tops - don't forget that.

Rupture, annihilate, vicious throw, ravage whenever possible.

Edited by Nishki

1. Leap in

3. battering assault

4. rupture

4. rage builder

5. massacre

6. ravage

7. rage builder

8. battering assualt

10. berserk

13. rupture

14. massacre

15. ravage

By Massacre I assume you meant Annihilator right?

I noticed you didnt get cloak of carnage or cloak of annihilation... THey seem like useful skills. Is there just no way to make room for them or are they just not worth the points? I am fairly new to marauder and still lvling, but I am looking for a good annihilation lvl 50 pvp spec.