+10% damage after leap!

Rotanartlu

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok lemme see if I understand this, because a lot of people have said a lot of things.

1) You need a set of BM, so you buy your first set as BM Weaponmaster so you have something good to wear and you need a set of medium armor.

2) You then buy a set of BM Vindicator.

3) You then trade the BM Vindicator set in for War Hero Vindicator.

4) You then pull the +10% force leap bonus armoring mod from each War Hero Vindicator set and put it into the armoring mod slot of your BM Weaponmaster set

5) Finally you would then work toward a War Hero Weaponmaster set because the other mods would be better.

6) Trade the BM Weaponmaster in for War Hero Weaponmaster

7) And finally swap the War Hero Vindicator armoring mod into the War Hero Weaponmaster armoring mod slot

Is that the process? That seems like it would take a very very long time to finally get your War Hero Weaponmaster set just to get a +10% boost to dmg for 5 seconds.

Ok lemme see if I understand this, because a lot of people have said a lot of things.

1) You need a set of BM, so you buy your first set as BM Weaponmaster so you have something good to wear and you need a set of medium armor.

2) You then buy a set of BM Vindicator.

3) You then trade the BM Vindicator set in for War Hero Vindicator.

4) You then pull the +10% force leap bonus armoring mod from each War Hero Vindicator set and put it into the armoring mod slot of your BM Weaponmaster set

5) Finally you would then work toward a War Hero Weaponmaster set because the other mods would be better.

6) Trade the BM Weaponmaster in for War Hero Weaponmaster

7) And finally swap the War Hero Vindicator armoring mod into the War Hero Weaponmaster armoring mod slot

Is that the process? That seems like it would take a very very long time to finally get your War Hero Weaponmaster set just to get a +10% boost to dmg for 5 seconds.

nah its a bit simpler

1) get medium armor oranges, preferably with augment slots

2) get BM vindicator set, can put into oranges and equip. (keep shells) you will have no set bonuses but augments slots are better than our set bonuses imo.

3) get warhero vindicator set put into oranges, enjoy +10% damage

4) consider adjusting mods/enhancements with pieces from other sets, ideal mods/enhancements would probably vary some with spec but none will increase your damage even close to 10%

This all sounds pretty good but i would beware that bioware will not let this last forever (we hardly need a 10% damage boost every 12 sec for 5 sec to make us viable). Sooooo watch out if and when they change it that u dont get stuck without the bonuses u would otherwise have, and have to buy wh pieces all over again

nah its a bit simpler

1) get medium armor oranges, preferably with augment slots

2) get BM vindicator set, can put into oranges and equip. (keep shells) you will have no set bonuses but augments slots are better than our set bonuses imo.

3) get warhero vindicator set put into oranges, enjoy +10% damage

4) consider adjusting mods/enhancements with pieces from other sets, ideal mods/enhancements would probably vary some with spec but none will increase your damage even close to 10%

if the bonuses transfer from War Hero, why don't they transfer from BM Vindicator?

Why can't I just buy BM Vindicator that has 10% bonus attached to the armoring, and then buy BM Weaponmaster shells augmented (or not augmented, whichever allows for keeping bonuses) and then put the BM Vindicator mods in the BM Weaponmaster shells?

Isn't that the exact same thing? Why would I need War hero to do this?

Why would you even want this bonus?

You lose both of our current bonuses for this single bonus.

You gain 10% dmg every 10 seconds for 5 seconds ( a massive amount of time ) in exchange of giving up 5 meters on your Dispatch and having a slightly higher CD on Guarded. Which if you are increasing dmg by 10% hopefully you are killing faster and won't need Guarded as often.

On the other hand if you can get through your rotation in 5 seconds and that does 12-15k dmg, then 10% to that is only 1,200-1,500 additional dmg per force leap proc. That's also the equivalent to me pressing the Blade Rush button one more time.

So is roughly 1,500 more dmg every 10 seconds worth it or would you rather have the tactical advantages of Weaponmaster bonuses? It's worth consideration.

If you are a score board whore and stats will buff your rating in Rated WZ's more than wins (we don't know yet) then this is probably a good build for those players. Because if you force leap 50 times in a match, assuming no battles were interrupted (which they will be), then one would produce 50,000-75,000 additional dmg/match. While it's not a ton versus an individual opponent, it is a huge amount total. So depending on how Rated will be scored will determine whether this is truly beneficial.

If you are more of a tactical player that is going after WZ objectives above dmg output, then Weaponmaster is probably the best build.

Edited by Dawginole

if the bonuses transfer from War Hero, why don't they transfer from BM Vindicator?

Why can't I just buy BM Vindicator that has 10% bonus attached to the armoring, and then buy BM Weaponmaster shells augmented (or not augmented, whichever allows for keeping bonuses) and then put the BM Vindicator mods in the BM Weaponmaster shells?

Isn't that the exact same thing? Why would I need War hero to do this?

because the BM set doesn't have the set bonus attached to the armoring. the BM set still has it attached to the shell. what you propose would just give you weaponmaster set bonus with vindicator stats.

You gain 10% dmg every 10 seconds for 5 seconds ( a massive amount of time ) in exchange of giving up 5 meters on your Dispatch and having a slightly higher CD on Guarded. Which if you are increasing dmg by 10% hopefully you are killing faster and won't need Guarded as often.

Where are you getting "every 10 seconds" from?

Even if you are Watchman spec, it is 12 seconds, isn't it?

This all sounds pretty good but i would beware that bioware will not let this last forever (we hardly need a 10% damage boost every 12 sec for 5 sec to make us viable). Sooooo watch out if and when they change it that u dont get stuck without the bonuses u would otherwise have, and have to buy wh pieces all over again

We need everything we can get. Organized pvp is really tough on classes with little utility and sub par dmg reduction.

As far as using other sets other classes do this. Pyro/power techs for example.

Sentinel set bonus are mediocre at best.

Being able to low cost dispatch is AMAZING. especially on bosses that have lots of movement going on. Kephess's final stage anyone? He enraged, and I could still get hits in without fear of death.

Being able to low cost dispatch is AMAZING. especially on bosses that have lots of movement going on. Kephess's final stage anyone? He enraged, and I could still get hits in without fear of death.

The dps bonus you get from having dispatch cost 1 less focus is considerably smaller than doing 10% more dmg 5/12 of the time.

The dps bonus you get from having dispatch cost 1 less focus is considerably smaller than doing 10% more dmg 5/12 of the time.

It's a great warzone boost, where the toons only have 17-25k to burn down, but for PVE spec, which is pretty much all I do, Dispatch is way nicer. That damage and distance can make all the difference in the world on a moving target. And it has.

On the other hand if you can get through your rotation in 5 seconds and that does 12-15k dmg, then 10% to that is only 1,200-1,500 additional dmg per force leap proc. That's also the equivalent to me pressing the Blade Rush button one more time.

Your standard starting rotation (Force leap < Overload Saber < Cauterize < Merciless Slash) will net you more around 6 - 7k damage during that 5 seconds, with OS and Cauterize only ticking three times during that 5 second duration. Therefore increase in damage, while nice, is only at around 600. Therefore in dmg increase should only be 30-40k depending on wz conditions.

It's a great warzone boost, where the toons only have 17-25k to burn down, but for PVE spec, which is pretty much all I do, Dispatch is way nicer. That damage and distance can make all the difference in the world on a moving target. And it has.

Really? Hard to do the maths regarding focus saving, but considering any extra focus is spammed out using slash and dispatch can only be used at 30% hp, I'll attempt to perform some ballpark figures.

Saving one focus every dispatch means 2 focus every 12 seconds which is equal to an extra 1k damage (subtracting strike, since that's what you're replacing it with), but since it's not concurrent like the leap bonus, it's actually 13.5 seconds. Multiply that by 0.3 since Dispatch is only applicable to hp under 30%, and then divide that by 13.5 for dps/sec gained (22.2). The leap option will almost triple that increase, if you're good at keeping your three stacks of OS up.

Your standard starting rotation (Force leap < Overload Saber < Cauterize < Merciless Slash) will net you more around 6 - 7k damage during that 5 seconds, with OS and Cauterize only ticking three times during that 5 second duration. Therefore increase in damage, while nice, is only at around 600. Therefore in dmg increase should only be 30-40k depending on wz conditions.

Really? Hard to do the maths regarding focus saving, but considering any extra focus is spammed out using slash and dispatch can only be used at 30% hp, I'll attempt to perform some ballpark figures.

Saving one focus every dispatch means 2 focus every 12 seconds which is equal to an extra 1k damage (subtracting strike, since that's what you're replacing it with), but since it's not concurrent like the leap bonus, it's actually 13.5 seconds. Multiply that by 0.3 since Dispatch is only applicable to hp under 30%, and then divide that by 13.5 for dps/sec gained (22.2). The leap option will almost triple that increase, if you're good at keeping your three stacks of OS up.

I'm great at keeping stacks up. managed 1300 DPS on kephess the other day and was quite pleased with it. Wouldn't have been able to manage that without dispatch and my other saber throws purely because of how long you have to spend avoiding purpicles on the ground if you don't feel like dying (we were down one healer, and I didn't feel like being THAT GUY who got killed. )

I'd absolutely 100% take that boost in PVP. without question. Way better than our nat set bonuses for sure. PVE it can be useful, but only on bosses where staying close 100% of the time isn't dangerous OR you get lucky.

PS: Not even full Rakata yet, have been getting crap loot the past couple weeks, Only dropping stuff I already have XD Missing Boots, Gloves, Hat, but compensated with a few BH mods (Power surge enh? YES PLEASE! )

[edit] I should also mention that I "Grew up" in focus spec due to a crappy raid team, and only went hard in on watchman when I started running with a group that didn't need a dedicated ad-killer. That left me with a funky rotation that actually beats the hell out of things in PVE and has tons of adaptability. Even if I lose an MS stack to a walk out or focus lock out, I can get it back up fast and keep it up. I'd post my tree but I forget where my other points are exactly in combat/focus but I can tell you I've got the 2 or 3 points in to adding extra crit chance to slash, because it's a HUGE damage dealer.

Edited by FadedSpark

It will be changed WAY before anyone actually farms up the requirements. Maybe, albeit a very small maybe, if you wouldn't have posted this on the main forums you could have gotten away with it as it's so resource intensive I doubt anyone else would even bother experimenting.

Also while we're on the topic, what is the general opinion of Rakata set bonus in PvP? I am currently using 2 piece Rakata with full PvP mods (I'm not a tard). Personally I find that often times I'm lacking focus for executes in PvP rather than being within the 10-15min distance, but I do notice both are quite nice when I use them. Also, I like the 2 piece PvP bonus better than the 4 piece PvE bonus for PvE.

It will be changed WAY before anyone actually farms up the requirements. Maybe, albeit a very small maybe, if you wouldn't have posted this on the main forums you could have gotten away with it as it's so resource intensive I doubt anyone else would even bother experimenting.

Also while we're on the topic, what is the general opinion of Rakata set bonus in PvP? I am currently using 2 piece Rakata with full PvP mods (I'm not a tard). Personally I find that often times I'm lacking focus for executes in PvP rather than being within the 10-15min distance, but I do notice both are quite nice when I use them. Also, I like the 2 piece PvP bonus better than the 4 piece PvE bonus for PvE.

The rakata bonus isn't terrible in PVP. With expertise mods, it could be a lot more useful than the PVP gear.

Found the parse I was looking for for karagga finally. Can't find the good kephess run, but take a looksee.

http://www.torparse.com/a/18799?q=MXwxODc5OXgxNDU2MzYxNDJhMTQ1NjM4NzgzeDE=

my crit is AMAZING due to the points I put in to SWIFT SLASH (Retard edit here. ). It's beautiful. Dispatch added about 80 dps to the pile, and was consistent the entire time hence my enjoyment of it. it's not something that interrupts the main rot in any way, and 80 dps bonus over the last 30% of the fight is a HUGE number.

Edited by FadedSpark

Where are you getting "every 10 seconds" from?

Even if you are Watchman spec, it is 12 seconds, isn't it?

I'm Combat, so I don't have the reduction. It's 15sec cd. 5 of those seconds I would have +10%dmg, and 10 seconds without. So I mean every 10 sec out of bonus you could reproc.

I don't watchman. Just as a general observation this forum needs to stop assuming that's everyones spec. I have a bigger burst, but takes longer to follow it up with a repeat. With the buff to Combat I can pull 12k dmg in 5 sec with zen.

I don't watchman. Just as a general observation this forum needs to stop assuming that's everyones spec. I have a bigger burst, but takes longer to follow it up with a repeat. With the buff to Combat I can pull 12k dmg in 5 sec with zen.

Which is only possible with a Gore + Ravage combo, or as you mentioned, Zen (forgive my Imperial talk, but my Combat Sentinel is on Imp side and Watchman on Republic). Both will occur one every 30 seconds, if not more, while Watchman can consistently do it by the time force leap (even on the shortened CD in Watchman spec) is up.

You get higher numbers, but Watchman gets more quantity, so the end result is the same.

Edited by -Yui-