maintenance, why so much

wrathofkhan

I think I speak on behalf of ALL of the Oceanic players here,

maintenance has become so regular at prime playing times for us that it has gotten to the point of players ready to give up this game in hope for another MMO that can deliver consistency and reliability.

I don't want to rant, this isn't some warning, its reality, we will unsubscribe ASAP if this continues.

Concerned. :mad:

Wow you speak for all Oceanic players huh? Thats amazing were you elected or what?

• Replies 466
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just want to add that yes. Me too. Twice a week maintenance is getting pretty old. I generally play in the late night/early morning PST (i.e. 10p-2a or so) and it takes quite a bit of time from me. I realize the game is new and yes I would like it to work properly and yes I do appreciate that you are working out bugs and honestly I don't see many bugs and do see you guys taking care of them and yes I know this is a horrible run-on sentence but....

It seems like you're patching Tuesday and fixing the bugs from that patch later in the week MOST WEEKS...and it is, as I said before, getting pretty annoying.

That is all.

Wow you speak for all Oceanic players huh? Thats amazing were you elected or what?

he says he thinks he does.. not he was voted our president... same as you voted yourself douche of the day...

what he says is a fair call.

OH.

Almost forgot...

I know you're trying to roll the patches out to all players at once, but seriously if you were to roll them out in waves based on where the servers are (so they're late night for ALL players) I know you'd get a WHOLE lot less complaining about it AND those who are up at odd hours could potentially play on servers that do not patch at those times (i.e. I, here on PST, could play - albeit with a much larger ping ofc - on an oceanic server) if they so chose.

I'm not really sure why you think it's so important to get it all out at once, but it seems like it's more about convenience to you than it is about anything else I can reasonably think of. Might wanna consider it...gonna lose players over this it seems from the posts I'm reading.

he says he thinks he does.. not he was voted our president... same as you voted yourself douche of the day...

what he says is a fair call.

Lol well i would bet the Australian players would prefer to speak for themselves. You speak for yourself only.

OH.

Almost forgot...

I know you're trying to roll the patches out to all players at once, but seriously if you were to roll them out in waves based on where the servers are (so they're late night for ALL players) I know you'd get a WHOLE lot less complaining about it AND those who are up at odd hours could potentially play on servers that do not patch at those times (i.e. I, here on PST, could play - albeit with a much larger ping ofc - on an oceanic server) if they so chose.

I'm not really sure why you think it's so important to get it all out at once, but it seems like it's more about convenience to you than it is about anything else I can reasonably think of. Might wanna consider it...gonna lose players over this it seems from the posts I'm reading.

I would bet the majority of Australians understand the need for downtime and also understand they are in one very odd time zone compared to the rest of the world. Then there is the minority on here who simply are unreasonable. Its a whole 4 hours out of 24.

Bioware.

I know you justify it by saying "we're trying to maintain service" but really, more often than not it's 2 nights of outages per week, and the Asia Pacific people are hit once again by outages right in the middle of prime time.

How about if you're going to have a second outage during the week then you schedule it so that Asia Pacific people don't lose their friday or saturday nights prime time gaming?

This is becoming a deal breaker issue for me.

Bioware.

I know you justify it by saying "we're trying to maintain service" but really, more often than not it's 2 nights of outages per week, and the Asia Pacific people are hit once again by outages right in the middle of prime time.

How about if you're going to have a second outage during the week then you schedule it so that Asia Pacific people don't lose their friday or saturday nights prime time gaming?

This is becoming a deal breaker issue for me.

This.. I understanding the need for maintenance, so i can grudging accept the constant loss of my Tuesday gaming (although, I would have happy if the Asia-pac servers did not have the same maintenance schedule). I also understand that stuff happens and the needs for unscheduled maintenance happens but it feels like you are taking the piss. There are been a minimum of 2 outages in the Aussie prime-time bracket for the last 3 weeks.

Seriously, Seeing as there are dedicated Asia-Pac servers, could the maintenance for those servers be outside our primetime?

Theres 168 hours in a week. SWTOR goes down for maintenance once a week for 4-6 hours. Sometimes theres more downtime and sometimes less, so lets say its about 8 hours a week. Thats only about 5% downtime. How can you possibly complain about that and not feel like a spoiled brat?

"If we could give people a magic hat that would create for them the exact RPG experience they’d always dreamed of, they’d complain about the color of the hat.”

- Random Bioware Dev

Shut up. Stop whining. If you can't find something to do when the game is down go look in a mirror for where the fault lies (same as most of the other problems in your life). Flame me, cancel your subscription, write a letter, set things on fire...none of it will make Bioware give YOU your way. Just grow the hell up.

And yeah, the downtime happens to cut right through my primetime to play, but thats how it goes sometimes. If they change it, it will just screw someone else over. You can't please everyone, and never has that been more true than in MMOs. If you can't grasp that concept I would suggest you find a new hobby, but you'd probably just complain about it.

- TLDR -

"Heres a free month!"

YAAAAAAYYYY!!! BIOWARE RULES!

"Sorry, we have to do a little extra maintenance this week."

"YOU SUCK! HOW DARE YOU TREAT ME LIKE THIS!

I would bet the majority of Australians understand the need for downtime and also understand they are in one very odd time zone compared to the rest of the world. Then there is the minority on here who simply are unreasonable. Its a whole 4 hours out of 24.

I am not "the majority of Australians" but as a working aussie, these constant outages fall right in only playing hours. It feels like they are just taking the piss and disregarding our region all together.

I am mean.. whats the point of even having an Asia-Pac server anyways, if they get dropped with ever other server?

4 hours out of 24?

Work = 10 Hours

Sleep = 8 Hours

Travel Time = 2 Hours

Total time spent outside of house or incapacitated = 20 Hours..

So that 4 hours, is uhhh, the only game time for most people. here the servers went down at 5pm, peak time.

Just because an issue does not affect you like it may affect someone else does not mean you need to take the high and mighty road, coming on here puffing your e-chest out.

You haven't noticed more content at this point in its life-cycle, than just about any other MMO ever made?

Everyone else has.

No, I have not noticed this either.

And you can not be serious when you defend these graphics, lol.

Theres 168 hours in a week. SWTOR goes down for maintenance once a week for 4-6 hours. Sometimes theres more downtime and sometimes less, so lets say its about 8 hours a week. Thats only about 5% downtime. How can you possibly complain about that and not feel like a spoiled brat?

4-6 hours is less than 5% are u saying that u have 168hrs free time? are u saying u dont sleep ? work go out do other **** that doesnt involve the computer?

some people only have certain times they can be on their computers and some people subscribe and expect a service not maintenance downtime. some people are not as previlleged as some to be on their computers for more than 2-4 hrs a day and especially in aus/nz time when people come home from work and just want to go online and play with no worries.

Tueday downtimes are expected and most of us understand this and adjust, but others who does not have as much free time do not and will not tolerate repeated multiple maintenance every week.

I had high expectations of bioware and have waited paitently for my expectations to be denied so you are all welcome to bad mouth me all you want i dont care anymore. for future and LOYAL SWTOR games I hope for your sakes that bioware step it up a notch other than that, brIng On D3

Last week we had two days of maintenance, this week we have two days of maintenance, and if it keeps up I'm going to wind up demanding a refund for the subscription I paid for. I admit I haven't played as many MMOs' as other players but the down time for maintenance on SWTOR is the worst of the ones I've been playing for the last 3 years which include games from Turbine and Perfect world who have multiple MMOs' running at the same time with multiple servers and probably two to three times the number of active players. Perfect world has weekly maintenance that last at most 2 hours one day a week which is less than half the down time I have been put through on this game and I get to play that one for free. Turbine games are pretty much the same with the occasional emergency downtime not this weekly down time plus weekly emergency maintenance down time.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Last week we had two days of maintenance, this week we have two days of maintenance, and if it keeps up I'm going to wind up demanding a refund for the subscription I paid for. I admit I haven't played as many MMOs' as other players but the down time for maintenance on SWTOR is the worst of the ones I've been playing for the last 3 years which include games from Turbine and Perfect world who have multiple MMOs' running at the same time with multiple servers and probably two to three times the number of active players. Perfect world has weekly maintenance that last at most 2 hours one day a week which is less than half the down time I have been put through on this game and I get to play that one for free. Turbine games are pretty much the same with the occasional emergency downtime not this weekly down time plus weekly emergency maintenance down time.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Hmm so you lost a total of 6 hours (last time the servers were back up in two hours even tho they said four) and you want a refund for the entire month you were able to play? Haha seriously?

Gamer entitlement is amazing. You pay less than the price of 2 movie seats for an amazing piece of entertainment which evolves over time and gives you hundreds of hours of enjoyment and yet you keep whining about them taking it down a few hours a week to improve it ? I wouldn't want to be your parents or spouse.

Actually the point is that the two days/week are in oceanic prime time every week....so we actually lose not just a few hours of play but two full days of play lost.

How is 2 hours one day and 4 the other losing two full days? Math ftw heh.

normal people usually only play or able to play for 2-4 hours a day because of their obligations

Since when? Also all those "normal" people login during this 4 hours or during the whole 2 hours last week? Come on man I bet if we were in person you wouldnt be able to even say this without cracking up. LIstening to yourself youd realize how outlandish this claim is lol.