The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

A little build advice?

Idexicon

Hi everyone. I just came back to the game after some time off and I've started working on a Powertech BH. I have been searching around for some basic advice for a leveling spec but I haven't found much.

Basically my questions are:

Should I go Shield Tech to 30 then what delve into Pyro?

Is pure Pyro an OK build into?

Basically I'm going to PvE till 50 but try to stay as DPS (I've never leveled as a tank and I'll probably suck at it). Any advice would be much appreciated.

When leveling, Shield Tech ensures you won't die for a while, and since mako is your first companion it makes the most sense. However Pyro is pretty strong at the beginning as well.

At 40, you can pretty much roll whatever you want. AP finally gets it's strong talents, and the rest of the trees are at full strength.

I did shield tech to 30, Pyro to 48, and then AP to 50.

Thank you very much for the replies. It's good to know this game doesn't pigeon hole you like some other not to be named MMOs. I have the definite feeling I'd stink as a tank.

I went a little into Shield last night (first tier) but moved over to Pyro and I'm loving it. Nothing is more fun than being able to run and gun!

I'm lvl 28 on my PT as well and have been building up the Iron Fist spec. Most all of the points are in shield tech at the moment except for the first 3 AP points for the ignore 60% target armor with rail shot.

Have absolutely been tearing up the under 50 bracket with damage, objective and protection medals.