Remove the Infection Quests

SkybladeDarkstar

I recently created an Imperial Agent and reached the Imperial Fleet. Yay!

The bank access, however, was blocked off by a large group of people. I went to access the bank, and one of them exploded, infecting me with what is apparently a super lethal strain of the Rakghoul plague.

Upon asking, I learned that this is apparently a daily quest, and that its objective is to infect 10 people upon exploding, so people tend to congregate in heavily populated areas to complete it.

How does this quest make any sense? Both the Republic and Empire have treated the Rakghoul plague like a plague: Quarantine and travel bans. Who is giving the rewards? How are you supposed to collect the rewards if you blow up and die?

And why should any non PvP quest reward you for messing up the gameplay of other players?

Explode. Collect 5 DNA simply for exploding. Immediately rez in place with no durability damage. Sell your 5 DNA for ~10k apiece to other people. Continue on your way with your gameplay minimally affected only now with 50k more credits.

It's a world event, people are participating in it. Given the rakghoul plague is supposed to make people more aggressive it makes sense that the plague would make people try to infect others from an RP perspective. From a purely gameplay perspective, it makes sense to reward people for stuff like that given the event is supposed to be a plague spreading through the galaxy.

I play as a pair working tandem because we like working together and like the social points. My progress thus grinds to a standstill as we have to wait separately for ourselves to explode so that we don't reinfect each other.

And, no, from a gameplay perspective it does not make sense that other players should be able to infect me if I am not PvP or on a PvP server.

And, perhaps I should point out, my complaint is from the Story/Lore perspective, where it makes less sense than from a gameplay perspective.

Edited by SkybladeDarkstar

The bank access, however, was blocked off by a large group of people. I went to access the bank, and one of them exploded, infecting me with what is apparently a super lethal strain of the Rakghoul plague.

Upon asking, I learned that this is apparently a daily quest, and that its objective is to infect 10 people upon exploding, so people tend to congregate in heavily populated areas to complete it.

How does this quest make any sense? Both the Republic and Empire have treated the Rakghoul plague like a plague: Quarantine and travel bans. Who is giving the rewards? How are you supposed to collect the rewards if you blow up and die?

And why should any non PvP quest reward you for messing up the gameplay of other players?

Use the bank on the other side.

Lol this is probablythe most pathetic post I have ever seen.

There is so much more to the world event than the exploding quest. The event takes place on Tattoine and the vendor is there where you spend your DNA Samples, there are also other quests, and word bosses to farm on that planet.

You are making it sound like being infected severely impacts your play style. Which it doesnt. At worst it takes 30 seconds out of your day when you blow up and then revive on the same spot. Plus you can avoid being infected by simply not standing near infected players. There are tons of GTN and Bank hubs on the fleets, people only congregate in one place.

The fact that you are asking them to remove the quest chain is hillarious, this chain has given the game a new bit of life, it's amazing and is something the game could do with more off.

Less QQ, more PEWPEW then you can enjoy the world event too.

It doesn't mess up your gameplay. You blow up. It takes all of 15-20 seconds out of your game. I'm just can't see that as enough to ruin your entire day of gaming.

I tend to agree with the OP. How about they make the quest so you can't get infected unless your flagged for PvP? Or, since so many are posting about the vaccine, how about they make you 2k credits to participate for 6 hours instead of making me pay 2k credits to not participate.

I don't play on a PvP server for a reason. I don't want to have to deal with this kind of crap from people.

Edited by Eborix