So, what gear should I get? So confused

Larame

I have a few questions regarding the new gear and how it would pertain to ME. I am an IA healer, in full BM gear. I now have 3k+ rated war zone commendations and am wondering what to get. I figured I would just get my weapons first since they're the most expensive, but recent talks have made me think otherwise.

1. If you wear crafted (augmented) war hero gear, does the set bonus carry over?

2. Should I get augmented weapons and just go for the purple war hero gear from the vendor?

3. Should I get crafted (augmented) war hero gear and just take the mods from the war hero gear I bought with commendations?

Basically, when I get "fully" geared with my war hero set (assuming that rated isn't in the equation yet) what should it look like? A bunch of orange gear? Or purple?

It's all very confusing to me, and I admit I don't watch the forums as much as I should, so i apologize in advance before you all crucify me for it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Larame

Dark Reaper

1. Depends what armouring you put in, If you move the armouring from bought war hero gear then the set bonus will carry over. Battlemaster will not, as the set bonus is assigned to the item itself, rather than the armouring.

2. The more augment slots the better I always say. You can gain about 100 extra main stat from fully augmented war hero gear + augmented weapon, or any other stat you may want.

3. Yeah.

It's worth noting it costs quite a bit to move mods around though. I believe it cost me around 40k per mod to move the mods out of my first war hero piece and into my augmented crafted war hero piece.

Edited by Aikagi

Ok then. So I should wait until I can afford the said war hero piece...........then take the mods out of that piece (I can afford this) and put it into augmented war hero gear. This way I can keep my set bonus, and have the better gear.

Goody gumdrop. Thanks!

My question is how did you get 3k ranked WZ comms already? The only way i found to get them is the 99 from dailies and the 99 from the weekly. It's been 6 days since 1.2 came out. That's 700 comms with the weekly (800 if you had it before 1.2 came out and again yesterday).

Am I missing a method for getting them?

Yes you can turn in your "warzone comms" for Rated warzone comms at a 3-1 ratio same as it was for the MERC comms trade in.

I gotten over 6700 so far in rated and got 2 WH pieces.

But I think the warzone caps at 2k not sure about rated