SWTOR PvP: Not for the feint of heart

RonniDoitch

They could EASILY fix this by changing the daily to be "Attain 30 medals in Warzones". BAM! Win or lose I get my daily done at least, I can get medals regardless of how terrible my team is or how good the enemy is.

Or add more dailies! Put some PvE bosses on llum you have to kill, make these mobs spawn randomly all over the map and design them to be taken down by a group of 4.

Or add dailys to duel. Win 5 duels and you get 50/50.

Or add cross server queues.

OR, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, PUT IN RATED WARZONES. In rated warzones make it an all or nothing reward system. The winning team gets 50 or 100 rated comms. The losing team gets nothing. This way the hardcore players get their winner take all game while the casuals could still farm the non-rated for gear and get 1/3 the rewards, but at least get something for trying.

All I know is something needs to be done fast. After I made this post some guild mates read it and downloaded Tera (open beta starts tomorrow). 5 Subs cancelled all together. I know I am not the only one.

I love the Star Wars IP, I like Bioware and I want this game to succeed. Its just so frackin terrible right now.

It's not about wanting things handed to us, it's about you feeling we should be punished for having a life because you don't. You worked 50 hours a week and played a video game and that was the sum total of your life? Some of us like to do things like get laid, go out, spend time with friends and family, and/or volunteer. Please stop trying to punish me because I lead an actually healthy life and you don't.

But it IS about you wanting things handed to you. You want the quick/fast/easy route. You, and those like you, are what is destroying MMOs. I loved the insinuation that you 'have a life', and I obviously did not. Feel better now? I simply addressed one fallacy made by the op; full time job precludes participation unless there is no 'grind'.

Here is the problem with your stance. My first MMO was DAoC, within a week of playing I knew that it would be 6+ MONTHS before I saw endgame, never mind good/great gear. I had no problem with that because I didn't come with an expectation of an easy ride. You do. Your expectation is the problem here. Your victim mentality (you are not being punished) is the problem. I suggest you find a different genre of gaming, as this one obviously doesn't cater to your entitlement attitude.

Edited by Phaedrynn

If you have a job, this game is not for you.

If you have a family, this game is not for you.

If you take a vacation to a place outside of the NA timezones, this game is not for you.

If you volunteer to go to Japan to assist with rebuilding communities that were destroyed by last years earthquake and tsunami and you bring your laptop with you, do not play SWTOR PvP.

If you have any other hobbies you enjoy doing, this game is not for you.

If you rolled on a low population server, this game is not for you.

If you rolled Empire and the Republic field the same premade during the only two/three hour time window you have to play and your side have no PvP healers that queue at that time, this game is not for you.

If you do not win constantly, you will not farm enough tokens for gear before July of this year. This game is now a gear *GRIND*. It rewards players that spend the most time in game. This is a horible design

It was not a grind before, you did your dailys for BM comms and you were done in a few hours. That is not a grind. You recieved the same amount of Comms for completing the dailies as the next guy. Even grinding 1000/1000 comms took FOREVER and buying 1 comm did not give a person a large advantage. The grinders did not have a distinct gear advantage over the casuals

Yes, I know this is a hardcore vs casual complaint I am posting on the internet. From the dawn of MMOs its been "he who spends most time in game wins". And the grind was needed to keep players playing. Capping the rewards per day with an INSANE grind for a mediocre reward was a perfect setup. It lets us casuals, us with a life outside the game, feel a sense of accomplishment. And lets be honest here, thats what all MMO players want. Every single one of us want a sense of accomplishment. Right now it takes me 2 to 3 days to get 3 wins because of the time zone I am currently in, the server I play on and the side I picked. And I am in the #1 rated PvP guild on my server (no BS). So this isnt a get a guild issue. When I play with them on the weekends we win, however that opportunity is few and far between so I solo 90% of the time. My fun-o-meter is at 0, my ambition to get gear in this game has gone and I no longer look forward to coming home after a day of work and relaxing by finishing up some daily missions/quests and catch up to my peers in gear.

This game punishes casual and solo players. Pathetic to no rewards for a loss with no negative affect applied when leaving a WZ leads to terrible games. Today I was the only person left after Republics capped Voidstar in 3 minutes. I just stood on our spawn waiting for my "teams" turn at offense to be over. That was not an enjoyable experience. Luckily though, after 4 hours of playing I got 2 wins and finished my daily from TUESDAY (at the time I write this it is 1 hour past the daily reset on Thursday).

Many things will solve this issue. Redo WZ rewads to pre-1.2, so the grinders can still grind their little hearts out and get a negligible amount of comms over those of us with a life outside of gaming while still allowing us to stay competitive with gear.

Or implement cross server queues so that I dont face the same premade again and again. and again. and again. ad nauseam

Or server merge so there are more than 15 people queueing for WZs at unpopular times of the day.

In summary, I have cancelled my account since I will not participate in a gear grind. My time runs out tomorrow. Maybe in a few months I'll be back, but with GW2 on the horizon I highly doubt that.

Sayonara *****es

If you are a whiner, this game is not for you.

To save you the trouble of having to make another post on a different forum, I would suggest not trying to play another proper MMO atm. This games end game is far from a grind, it's practically set up to be inviting to casual players. Might I suggest a FPS, RTS or something of the sort? <_< For srs, if you're not having fun do something that'll entertain you during the limited time you have.