Do I need to raid to be a relevant crafter?

BacklashEH

Crafting was my favorite element in swg, and I do it to some degree in every mmo I play. Thus far I actually think this crafting system is the worst I've ever seen, so I haven't done much with it besides grinding.

My question is, am I going to have to raid in order to make end game crafted gear? If so, are there any crafting professions that this won't be a requirement with, or is this across the board?

I pretty much just pvp, so if this is the case I'd like to know if I should just be going the selling resources route.

Well. Your posts suggests that anyone not making only end-game gear isn't relevant, so I guess the answer is yes, you probably do. Schems & resources need to be picked up from there, BOE on some items isn't necessarily going to be enough if you want to actually profit.

As for the rest of us that consider ourselves relevant when we craft for the rest of the market (49 out of 50 levels).. I guess all I can say is thanks, it's nice to know we're irrelevant.

Well. Your posts suggests that anyone not making only end-game gear isn't relevant, so I guess the answer is yes, you probably do. Schems & resources need to be picked up from there, BOE on some items isn't necessarily going to be enough if you want to actually profit.

As for the rest of us that consider ourselves relevant when we craft for the rest of the market (49 out of 50 levels).. I guess all I can say is thanks, it's nice to know we're irrelevant.

Well it's a video game, if you are having fun that's all that matters. My goal wasn't to offend anyone, so I apologize for that.

For me, as I said, I think the crafting system in this game is terrible. But since I do quite abit of pvp, and many of my guildmates do quite abit of pvp, I'm looking to find out if I need to raid in order to get the materials/ etc that would benefit that type of playstyle. If I do need to raid, I"d probably be wasting my time in that endeavor.

Either way thanks for the replies guys, much appreciated.