Legacy and account wide achievements/codex entries

Zzxe

One thing I hated about WoW was that I had no incentive to play other toons besides my main, as I wanted to get all of my achievements on the same character.

Once the achievement/codex system is expanded, I think having an account-wide system for this would be a HUGE plus and an awesome incentive for me to play more than 1 character.

Great idea. And nearly essential for history buffs who might want to read the entirety of the datacron's saga. After all, some datacrons are only available to Imperials, and different ones only to Republic.

Makes for some awkward reading, as it stands now.

The facts, to me, are the following:

1) We now have legacy linking characters together

2) Legacy at current, is being argued both ways as great or not what people expected

3) I''m a collector, an achiever, etc. I try to go and get all the achievements, codex entries and whatnot

4) In doing so, I'm forced to only play one character

5) The legacy system would allow for this idea to give me INCENTIVE to play 7 other classes besides my main level 50; no other MMO has done that for me

6) Me playing 7 other toons means Bioware gets more money as I stay subscribed longer.

Win for everyone! :)

WTB. IMMEDIATELY.

Well, maybe not immediately - in fact, I'm not even all that bothered about the codex, but certainly it should just be this way, it makes far more sense.

If you don't want it because of titles and things - simple, make it show which character unlocked that codex entry, and then it can say:

Codex Entry Discovered by: Rae, Raeli, etc and then all that have discovered it get the rewards associated with ones that have rewards, such as titles.

I think this would just give me an incentive to play so much more. I really hope they consider merging legacy and achievements in the future once achievements are expanded upon. There is potential here for a great system.

Obviously, people should still be able to see their achievement score for each individual character, but I still think that the main achievement list should be account wide for awesomeness.