Consumption/Noble Sacrifice

JaysonF

So I am not even going to waste time reiterating what has already been said about the terrible nerfs, so let me skip to my real question:

Why would you give a healing class a skill like Consumption/Noble Sacrifice in the first place? The amount of force it restores is negligible and immediately undone after a single heal, it decreases our force regen if unbuffed (only 8 force/sec? useless anyways), and takes 12/16% of TOTAL health meaning we can actually KILL ourselves. When I am low on force and health because massive AoE dmg is going out, what am I supposed to do?

Also, why only give Sorcs/Sages this ability? Mercs and Ops don't have a similar ability! It was not so bad when the Force Surge/Resplendence proc made that irrelevant, but how does forcing the healer to take their health to regen force (since there is basically no battle force regen) make any sense at all?

While I understand endless force is an unfair advantage and should have been changed, I personally believe this was the wrong direction to take it in.

I would love to hear others' thoughts on this subject as well. As for the devs, it would be much appreciate if someone responded as well.

Thank you.

Well, there is Force regen in battle, but it is negligible unless you are in a long fight with multiple healers swapping off from healing the primary tank.

And after crunching some numbers, based on a force pool of 600 points, the amount of force points you would get back from Consumption is 48 points, and to heal yourself back up would cost more Force points than you gained. Unless you have multiple healers in the group working in close coordination and monitoring each other's resource management, this ability is not worth having on your hotbar.

For PvE, this relegates the Sorcerer to a secondary healing role so he can keep the Revivifications and Static Barriers up.

In PvP, I've found that Sorcerers don't tend to last long enough to run out of Force.

So all-in-all, there really isn't a mechanical reason to use it unless doing so is the only way to keep heals going out to keep the tank up.

Mainly in ops (and less in 4mans) I consume just before my AOE, or rely on the warrior's crit or another healer's AOE. Its a team game, learn to coordinate with others ;)

Stop complaining.. As an operative healer who switched to sorcerer for PVE, the class in 1.2 is just reasonable. No more easy mode semi afk healing. I enjoy the PVE much more now.

The PVP is a mess I agree... that healing burst will be missed. But, its time for sorcs to learn proper PVP healing instead of sitting in a corner and spamming consumption and AOE.

Edited by KLGr

The whole argument ' oh i drop the aoe heal beneath me before i use consumption' seems rather silly. In a raid, that aoe bubble should NOT be under me, it should be under the tank and the melee taking damage.

So far, I have noticed i run low on force extremely fast, and the other healer has to baby sit me and keep me alive.

Sorc sucks now

L2P or perhaps progress content in a more reasonable pace? People were complaining content is too easy... perhaps it was to easy if only 2-3 specific classes participated.

As for the ground AOE I usually put it in the middle between the melees and me, and I move a bit closer so we can both benefit... range classes know this and they follow or set their tents in front of me...

I am saying it again... you have it too easy... Even after the 1.2 changes you continue taking so many things for granted i.e. that the healer should be 30 m from the tank... what about the operative with an AOE based on proximity? Should he be moving back and forth so he can AOE heal melees and range every 15 sec ? What you are saying doesn't make sense.

Stop complaining ... sorc is still the most efficient healer. The only difference is that now you have to pay attention to "banal" mechanics such as mana and plan the tank's burst damage if its CDs are down through bubbling and not a 1.5 sec mega splash heal on 100% occurrence.

Edited by KLGr

Well, there is Force regen in battle, but it is negligible unless you are in a long fight with multiple healers swapping off from healing the primary tank.

And after crunching some numbers, based on a force pool of 600 points, the amount of force points you would get back from Consumption is 48 points, and to heal yourself back up would cost more Force points than you gained. Unless you have multiple healers in the group working in close coordination and monitoring each other's resource management, this ability is not worth having on your hotbar.

For PvE, this relegates the Sorcerer to a secondary healing role so he can keep the Revivifications and Static Barriers up.

In PvP, I've found that Sorcerers don't tend to last long enough to run out of Force.

So all-in-all, there really isn't a mechanical reason to use it unless doing so is the only way to keep heals going out to keep the tank up.

This, I rarely use it now unless I have no other choice. Im a firm believer that we should now get the best force regen in game or I'd rather take the force regen debuff and instead of the health loss.

Edited by Banicks